• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Instant weight loss and no strict diet with Tillett Seats!

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just finished the install on the B10XL seats in our shop car and the results are beyond expectations!
The seat position is 10x better, especially if you are taller. You can actually get the seat bottom down where your line of sight is right in the middle of the windshield. No more slouching! There is plenty of adjustment for all heights though, you can get as much or little recline as you want also.
The belts and hardware all match up perfectly to make it a direct bolt in type kit. No extra hardware needed.
We are still working on addressing the airbag light. Hoping to offer a plug in solution that eliminates the airbag light and the seat belt warning for the drivers side. More to come on that soon.
I personally find the B10's more comfortable than the stock seats due to the much more formed fit, nice bolstering and planted feel. They really transform things and give a more connected feel with the car.
As discussed here prior the stock seats are total boat anchors in comparison, they are about 55lbs each while the B10's are about 10lbs each (before hardware/brackets)

If you are interested in these we are a official Tillett importer/distributor for North America and the go to Lotus Tillett dealer.
We have a couple sets of B10XL carbons coming in with Emira bracket sets in about 2 weeks. Custom pads take around 3-6 weeks typically.
See the links below for more details -
Tillett B10 Seats
Tillett Emira Bracket/Slider Kits
Tillett Custom Emira Pad Sets

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

How difficult is the removal/install process would you say for the average mechanically minded?

Greg when you get around to doing a road trip in these can you please report back on comfort? For those of us who want the better driving position but also want to be able to do 4+ hours in the car, some feedback would be welcome. If another seat approach would be better in that scenario it would be great to know your thoughts.

How difficult is the removal/install process would you say for the average mechanically minded?
Install was about a 4/10.
The hardest part is lifting the oem seats out of the car carefully so as to not scratch anything.
We put down some painters tape and cardboard to protect the surrounding surfaces.
Bolting the new brackets together with the seats was easy and we did two adjustments on the recline/height to get them where we liked them. Lifting the Tillett assemblies in and out of the car was easy though for those.

Greg when you get around to doing a road trip in these can you please report back on comfort? For those of us who want the better driving position but also want to be able to do 4+ hours in the car, some feedback would be welcome. If another seat approach would be better in that scenario it would be great to know your thoughts.
Will do!
I will be doing some driving this weekend -- about an hour long trip each way with my wife so I will have a larger sample size for that but then in June we will be doing a rally through Northern CA where I will be in the car for hours at a time and can give even more feedback then!

These look great! I know Steve and company are working on folding carbon buckets, so I'm staying tuned for those. Plus I need to figure out if the stock heating elements can be wired into the Tillet pads. If so I'm all in.

These look great! I know Steve and company are working on folding carbon buckets, so I'm staying tuned for those. Plus I need to figure out if the stock heating elements can be wired into the Tillet pads. If so I'm all in.
Likely easiest to install new heating pads in the tillett pads all together but then you would also need to drill for the wires or you'd see them.
Either way if they make it we will have it available!

These look the business. Too bad they wont be homologated for use in switzerland.
the stock seats are the biggest gripe I have with the Emira…

Likely easiest to install new heating pads in the tillett pads all together but then you would also need to drill for the wires or you'd see them.

If folding carbon seats come into the loop, I may be on board! Question, given the setup, is there any ability to easy move stuff to the rear deck storage, or do you have to use the gap between the seats to help store bags?

Just finished the install on the B10XL seats in our shop car and the results are beyond expectations!
The seat position is 10x better, especially if you are taller. You can actually get the seat bottom down where your line of sight is right in the middle of the windshield. No more slouching! There is plenty of adjustment for all heights though, you can get as much or little recline as you want also.
The belts and hardware all match up perfectly to make it a direct bolt in type kit. No extra hardware needed.
We are still working on addressing the airbag light. Hoping to offer a plug in solution that eliminates the airbag light and the seat belt warning for the drivers side. More to come on that soon.
I personally find the B10's more comfortable than the stock seats due to the much more formed fit, nice bolstering and planted feel. They really transform things and give a more connected feel with the car.
As discussed here prior the stock seats are total boat anchors in comparison, they are about 55lbs each while the B10's are about 10lbs each (before hardware/brackets)

If you are interested in these we are a official Tillett importer/distributor for North America and the go to Lotus Tillett dealer.
We have a couple sets of B10XL carbons coming in with Emira bracket sets in about 2 weeks. Custom pads take around 3-6 weeks typically.
See the links below for more details -
Tillett B10 Seats
Tillett Emira Bracket/Slider Kits
Tillett Custom Emira Pad Sets

View attachment 43667

View attachment 43666
View attachment 43668
View attachment 43669
Looked wicked!! These are gonna be hot sellers

Reactions: GRP
If folding carbon seats come into the loop, I may be on board! Question, given the setup, is there any ability to easy move stuff to the rear deck storage, or do you have to use the gap between the seats to help store bags?
From what I understand you can pull these pretty far forward. Maybe if Greg gets a chance he will take a photo of where they end up in max forward position to show the rear parcel shelf access.

From what I understand you can pull these pretty far forward. Maybe if Greg gets a chance he will take a photo of where they end up in max forward position to show the rear parcel shelf access.

You got it!
Decent amount of pass through room with it fully forward.
Also -- when its all the way back I can barely touch the pedal and Im tall so there is a lot of adjustment range.

IMG_0651.jpg

We do have a 12 v heater panel option. It's not pushed out to retail because it would not be plug and play.
We have to route the wiring through the cavity, so the seats and panels need to be ordered with the heater elements pre fitted.
I'm not sure how needed they are though, as I have just gone through an entire British winter without missing the heaters. These seats cuddle you anyway.

You got it!
Decent amount of pass through room with it fully forward.
Also -- when its all the way back I can barely touch the pedal and Im tall so there is a lot of adjustment range.

View attachment 43720
I really never quite understood the bucket seat fad, unless you're in to tracking/racing and you want to minimize side-to-side rocking on sharp turns. I also never cared for the skinny look, although I also get the fact that often the objective is weight reduction. I'm curious though, are these things as comfortable as the OEM seats?

I really never quite understood the bucket seat fad, unless you're in to tracking/racing and you want to minimize side-to-side rocking on sharp turns. I also never cared for the skinny look, although I also get the fact that often the objective is weight reduction. I'm curious though, are these things as comfortable as the OEM seats?
So when I put the exige/elise carbon buckets in my Evora, it transformed the car for me. It makes you want to go from 5/10ths on the street to 7 or 8/10s and really makes you feel like the car can do crazy things like going into a corner faster than you normally would. Super fun stuff

So when I put the exige/elise carbon buckets in my Evora, it transformed the car for me. It makes you want to go from 5/10ths on the street to 7 or 8/10s and really makes you feel like the car can do crazy things like going into a corner faster than you normally would. Super fun stuff
Cool and I imagine that we all get a kick out of that, but I was actually wondering how one's back and butt feels afterwards compared to OEM seats. I get similar thrills out of my 911 and MX5, but never swapped OEM seats on them.

Back