In USA, is anyone paying above MSRP?

drjazzsk

Reaction score
I recently contacted all the California dealers (5 of them). All told me msrp when the car comes in except EurocarOC who says they can’t guarantee msrp when it arrives but they think it will be msrp. They are the same ones that also want a slightly higher deposit at 3k. The so cal dealers are poor communicators at best unfortunately.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you can still order a F/E 2.0 I would go that route. It would probably arrive for the summer in all honesty.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Dallas DEFINITELY charges over MSRP. I was told $10k over MSRP for a car that someone backed out of plus they slapped a mandatory XPEL ceramic coating fee on it and say it’s already done to the car.
I was going to wrap it so didn’t want the coating but it is what it is. Also $10k over MSRP sucks and I could wait a few month and get a used one or maybe another car that someone else didn’t pick up even after Carb certs but I Would rather secure one as soon as possible 😅
Earth Motor Cars said that? Seems odd. The Expel I get. It’s a third party and the expense has been taken. 10k over which MSRP, phase 1 or 2? Phase 2 was $10k higher so it may just be the new MSRP for someone that orders today? My experience is that Brad and his staff are pretty solid to deal with.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My personal opinion on this is that msrp is most likely for those who originally order the car.
If a customer decided to cancel an FE.1 then why would the dealership not charge the price of the FE2 or even more. Not saying I would pay over msrp but if you’re waiting a year or more then you are going to pay more

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Earth Motor Cars said that? Seems odd. The Expel I get. It’s a third party and the expense has been taken. 10k over which MSRP, phase 1 or 2? Phase 2 was $10k higher so it may just be the new MSRP for someone that orders today? My experience is that Brad and his staff are pretty solid to deal with.
Yes it’s earth motor cars and it’s for phase 1. I’ve been dealing with Lukas and Jonathan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I recently contacted all the California dealers (5 of them). All told me msrp when the car comes in except EurocarOC who says they can’t guarantee msrp when it arrives but they think it will be msrp. They are the same ones that also want a slightly higher deposit at 3k. The so cal dealers are poor communicators at best unfortunately.
I'm reserved through EuroCar, so I appreciate you doing the due diligence on this. I've been worried about them tacking on 10k at the last second. Fortunately I tracked down an email they sent out in March of last year saying that at least FE1.0 reservation holders were price-locked at 93.9k, which I'm going to throw in their face if they try anything weird.

But yea for backout cars that they then sell to the general public, wouldn't be surprised to see a markup.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The world economy is about to crash.

USA banks are soon going to go bust due to bad commercial real estate loans on office buildings that are vacant (NYCB is about to go bankrupt within a few months) and China is holding on by a thread from their entire economy crashing due to the residential Real estate crash ( Evergrand and all other) That will bring down the rest of the world economy.

Just wait till summer/fall and there will be NO such thing as "MSRP".

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes it’s earth motor cars and it’s for phase 1. I’ve been dealing with Lukas and Jonathan
Well then it’s not $10k over MSRP. It’s current MSRP that is $10K more than the early depositor would have paid. Think of it more as a loss of a discount than ADM.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

USA banks are soon going to go bust due to bad commercial real estate loans on office buildings that are vacant (NYCB is about to go bankrupt within a few months) and China is holding on by a thread from their entire economy crashing due to the residential Real estate crash ( Evergrand and all other) That will bring down the rest of the world economy.

yeeeesh! I do not agree with world economy sentiment. China is going through its own 2008 at the moment. Does not mean the world's economy is going with it. Don't confuse US 2008 and China's. The yuan isn't the world reserve currency. Will there be some economic turmoil from the decreased spending of the Chinese consumer, absolutely. Commercial real estate in certain cities will have some pain, but it won't induce what you are thinking.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
yeeeesh! I do not agree with world economy sentiment. China is going through its own 2008 at the moment. Does not mean the world's economy is going with it. Don't confuse US 2008 and China's. The yuan isn't the world reserve currency. Will there be some economic turmoil from the decreased spending of the Chinese consumer, absolutely. Commercial real estate in certain cities will have some pain, but it won't induce what you are thinking.
I hear what you are saying... but the other guy has a woman on a stripper pole as an avatar. It's really hard to know who to trust these days.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

You seem to have some insider knowledge, can you give me an exact day this is going to happen so I can throw my entire life savings into appropriately timed SPY puts?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hear what you are saying... but the other guy has a woman on a stripper pole as an avatar. It's really hard to know who to trust these days.
Both views portray revealing insights, one with additional spin.

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well then it’s not $10k over MSRP. It’s current MSRP that is $10K more than the early depositor would have paid. Think of it more as a loss of a discount than ADM.
Is current MSRP $119k? Because that’s what it’s costing me including the options and the $10k up charge

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is current MSRP $119k? Because that’s what it’s costing me including the options and the $10k up charge
Current MSRP with no added options is $105,400. Black pack adds $1400. Alcantara Steering Wheel another $530. There might be other options, but those I know.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The options include Xpel coating which can be several thousand, so yes that could be right. Fully kitted out with black pack and alcantara is $107,300 plus another $6,000 - $8,000 for Xpel (you don’t say which coating) plus destination of $2,400 I think it was.

Look I don’t rep for the dealership but I know this forum and some members and dealers can be sensitive when it comes to the accuracy of certain price related things.

$119 before tax for full ceramic or PPF and black pack is not a bad deal. Enjoy your car and don’t worry about us in the rear view.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The options include Xpel coating which can be several thousand, so yes that could be right. Fully kitted out with black pack and alcantara is $107,300 plus another $6,000 - $8,000 for Xpel (you don’t say which coating) plus destination of $2,400 I think it was.

Look I don’t rep for the dealership but I know this forum and some members and dealers can be sensitive when it comes to the accuracy of certain price related things.

$119 before tax for full ceramic or PPF and black pack is not a bad deal. Enjoy your car and don’t worry about us in the rear view.
But MSRP has a definition. It's literally just the list price from Lotus for the car and it's options. XPEL, Destination, and any other add-on will always be below the MSRP line on your purchase form.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
dont let Lotus know this but... im fully committed to buying this car exactly how I want it. ima grit my teeth and pay whatever they ask 😣

they reeled me in with the 75k base price announced in 2021 and now they got me fully hooked

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But MSRP has a definition. It's literally just the list price from Lotus for the car and its options. XPEL, Destination, and any other add-on will always be below the MSRP line on your purchase form.
but OP said he was paying ADM of $10,000. Paying ADM and paying for Xpel and Destination are two different things. Paying more than the base vehicle price AND getting additional upgrades is pretty normal. We’re not talking about Fargo and TruCoat here…..

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score

No $119k is for the car only. Ceramic is an extra $1295 and destination is also for extra. Total is a hair over $130k total with TT&L