• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

In USA, is anyone paying above MSRP?

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do you mean the destination charge? which is charged by the manufacturer. I am also at Gator @ MSRP and their customer service is so much above my 'local' dealer based on my interactions. I know the dealer in WA is also doing MSRP
You are probably correct it is a destination change, some dealerships call it a delivery charge.
No matter the brand you will always see on the invoice the cost of the car plus destination charge. Not sure what it will be for the Emira but guessing around $2k

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A dealer proposed he could get me one because someone backed out, for 10k over MSRP, for a spring 2024 delivery
I said yes and put 2500 down.

Maybe I am a sucker, but I don really care about 10k over.

But now I am seeing all the delays with lotus and that its been going on for years.. so I am a bit discouraged..

But f*ck it, I still want the car.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A dealer proposed he could get me one because someone backed out, for 10k over MSRP, for a spring 2024 delivery

But now I am seeing all the delays with lotus and that its been going on for years.. so I am a bit discouraged..

If you haven't sent in a configuration, that means a slot has not been allocated for you. "Spring 2024" is most likely going to be the 1st batch FE and Summer 2024 is most likely for 2nd batch FE 2.0. If your dealer doesn't confirm a build slot for you, that means you have no allocation. I would becareful with any promises even with ADM.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I asked the Dallas TX dealer about it they insisted and promised they would never do that then gave a long speech about doing the right thing so they gain trust with their customers, so hopefully I wont be
I’m with Dallas too. One look around their lot and it’s pretty clear they don’t have to squeeze every drop from the Lotus depositors. They have the good stuff and that kind of Rep costs more than ADM on a barely $100k car.

CliffJumper

Reaction score
Also Galpin, no markup, FE 2.0 V6.

Ha, I couldn't Galpin to even talk to me. Called 4 times across 2 weeks. Never had a salesperson available. One picked up the phone after I told the receptionist, got my number and promised he'd text me a time we could talk and ghosted me.

Did they put the no markup in writing for both of you?

wmah523

Reaction score
Ha, I couldn't Galpin to even talk to me. Called 4 times across 2 weeks. Never had a salesperson available. One picked up the phone after I told the receptionist, got my number and promised he'd text me a time we could talk and ghosted me.

Also Galpin, FE 2.0, manual V6, was also told at MSRP, and build sheet submitted/confirmed by Lotus 1 month ago. Unfortunately not in writing, just over the phone.

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Yes, I have it in an email from them. I have also done two test drives with them and confirmed it verbally both times.

I know others have posted negative experiences with Galpin here, but my overall experience has been good so far. They haven’t been as communicative or proactive as Gator, but they haven’t been terrible given they are almost as much in the dark about all of this as anyone. And I’ve been very patient and not pestered them much throughout this past two years since I know it won’t get the car here any faster and it doesn’t do me any good to be an annoying customer.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, I have it in an email from them. I have also done two test drives with them and confirmed it verbally both times.

I know others have posted negative experiences with Galpin here, but my overall experience has been good so far. They haven’t been as communicative or proactive as Gator, but they haven’t been terrible given they are almost as much in the dark about all of this as anyone. And I’ve been very patient and not pestered them much throughout this past two years since I know it won’t get the car here any faster and it doesn’t do me any good to be an annoying customer.
I would be very careful with Galpin without writing. From experience tend to change things up last minute.

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you haven't sent in a configuration, that means a slot has not been allocated for you. "Spring 2024" is most likely going to be the 1st batch FE and Summer 2024 is most likely for 2nd batch FE 2.0. If your dealer doesn't confirm a build slot for you, that means you have no allocation. I would becareful with any promises even with ADM.
I sent in a config.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sent in a config.
Did you get a Lotus order ID # officially with a (laughable) build month. I also went thru the official order form process with the dealer to make sure everything was correct.
Some dealers were asking for a config code at deposit or in between for some reason. Mine just asked me if i wanted a V6 or i4.
Until you get the Lotus order # the dealer is just seeing what you want.
You get a Lotus reference # when the dealer submits your deposit. Way it worked forever ago back in 2021.

C7R35

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No markup in SLC, Utah.

firstlotus

Reaction score
Galpin said 20k to me, but final amount would depend on market at time of delivery (which they recently told me is somewhere May-July). With all this waiting and markup uncertainty, I might just jump off and get a 718 Spyder. Ugh.

If you haven't put an order in before now for your 718 (garbage) - why would you think you would get a car in an appropriate (sooner) time frame...than your Emira order unless you never ordered an Emira...?

firstlotus

Reaction score

$10K is what you would pay for a Pre-Ordered FE Emira now with the price increase so jump on it...!!!

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How long ago did you two and anyone else who got FE 2.0 allocations with no ADM at Galpin put in your deposits?
I put my deposit down in Nov 22 for FE 1.0, then decided to go on the FE 2.0 list a few months after. Recently confirmed build spec and even more recently confirmed no ADM via email (with Galpin). They're saying delivery somewhere April-July 2024

Hodl

Reaction score
How long ago did you two and anyone else who got FE 2.0 allocations with no ADM at Galpin put in your deposits?
Deposit July21 for Base. Was offered FE 1.0 but with an ADM so chose to stay base. Then offered FE 2.0 with no ADM last month, declined it to stay in base. Had a change of heart and asked if FE 2.0s were still available. Submitted an FE 2.0 allocation and just received a confirmation email of my build from Lotus. Expected delivery June/July 24 (but we'll see if that holds true).

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Deposit in Nov ‘21. Submitted final spec in August ‘23 for (theoretical) April - June ‘24 delivery.

DCRAM

Reaction score
Deposit July21 for Base. Was offered FE 1.0 but with an ADM so chose to stay base. Then offered FE 2.0 with no ADM last month, declined it to stay in base. Had a change of heart and asked if FE 2.0s were still available. Submitted an FE 2.0 allocation and just received a confirmation email of my build from Lotus. Expected delivery June/July 24 (but we'll see if that holds true).
Deposit in Nov ‘21. Submitted final spec in August ‘23 for (theoretical) April - June ‘24 delivery.
V6 or i4?