In USA, is anyone paying above MSRP?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No $119k is for the car only. Ceramic is an extra $1295 and destination is also for extra. Total is a hair over $130k total with TT&L
That’s a horse of a different color. Not sure why’d they try that. There are others, if you’re willing to travel, that you can get just by taking over the deposit from the current holder. In a case like that I’d love nothing more than to buy the car from another dealership and driving by to let the sales rep know why they lost a sale.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The world economy is about to crash.

USA banks are soon going to go bust due to bad commercial real estate loans on office buildings that are vacant (NYCB is about to go bankrupt within a few months) and China is holding on by a thread from their entire economy crashing due to the residential Real estate crash ( Evergrand and all other) That will bring down the rest of the world economy.

Just wait till summer/fall and there will be NO such thing as "MSRP".
Yep, my thoughts exactly on economy, blow of top in US markets happening right now…..opportunities will come in both used cars and real estate within a few years. Cars first, real estate can be going on for years.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
but OP said he was paying ADM of $10,000. Paying ADM and paying for Xpel and Destination are two different things. Paying more than the base vehicle price AND getting additional upgrades is pretty normal. We’re not talking about Fargo and TruCoat here…..
ADM isn't MSRP. The question was is MSRP $119K. The answer to that is no.

You can pay any amount in total to acquire a car, doesn't make the acquisition price the MSRP.

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That’s a horse of a different color. Not sure why’d they try that. There are others, if you’re willing to travel, that you can get just by taking over the deposit from the current holder. In a case like that I’d love nothing more than to buy the car from another dealership and driving by to let the sales rep know why they lost a sale.
Yeah I guess that’s the price they want to make you pay for having one that’s available for sure right away as soon as carb certification is completed :(
I called quite a few dealers and couldn’t find a single one that had some available right away ( after carb of course).
I guess if the certification does happen next week then many people might drop out of their current holdings and I could swipe one if it matches the options I went or at least close to it but at least this car is there and “reserved” for me, I just hate all the extra fees they are adding on to it for no reason other than the fact that they can at this precise moment

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah I guess that’s the price they want to make you pay for having one that’s available for sure right away as soon as carb certification is completed :(
I called quite a few dealers and couldn’t find a single one that had some available right away ( after carb of course).
I guess if the certification does happen next week then many people might drop out of their current holdings and I could swipe one if it matches the options I went or at least close to it but at least this car is there and “reserved” for me, I just hate all the extra fees they are adding on to it for no reason other than the fact that they can at this precise moment
I’ve seen a couple on Facebook Lotus groups just looking to get out of their deposit. If you like their spec go for it.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying... but the other guy has a woman on a stripper pole as an avatar. It's really hard to know who to trust these days.

Don't believe the dude with the hot babe on the stripper pole avatar .......BUT DO believe Cassandra who called it correctly last time..... (and also John Paulson)

(Michael Burry is Cassandra, who agrees with Ray Diallo, Jeremy Grantham, Rich Dad-Poor Dad dude, Rick Rule, Jim Rickards, The late Charlie Munger, Jamie Diamon, and even our Fed Secty Yellen is conceding it)

Soon, its going to be a fire sale on almost everything, just as I remember it was in 2009.

People were selling their Ferrari's and Lambo's for 1/3 to 1/2 off what they paid in 2009

Believe it, I remember it like yesterday, I was offered a MINT Ferrari Testarossa for $47k with only 8K miles and a MINT Diablo Lambo for $65K with only 6k miles in 2009 .
People were so hard up for cash they were giving stuff away almost.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't believe the dude with the hot babe on the stripper pole avatar .......BUT DO believe Cassandra who called it correctly last time..... (and also John Paulson)

(Michael Burry is Cassandra, who agrees with Ray Diallo, Jeremy Grantham, Rich Dad-Poor Dad dude, Rick Rule, Jim Rickards, The late Charlie Munger, Jamie Diamon, and even our Fed Secty Yellen is conceding it)

Soon, its going to be a fire sale on almost everything, just as I remember it was in 2009.

People were selling their Ferrari's and Lambo's for 1/3 to 1/2 off what they paid in 2009

Believe it, I remember it like yesterday, I was offered a MINT Ferrari Testarossa for $47k with only 8K miles and a MINT Diablo Lambo for $65K with only 6k miles in 2009 .

The simple fact that you heard it from that many sources and it was conceded by the Fed tells you that they will mitigate the problem. The biggest crashes are usually not considered until it is too late. Michael Burry has been proven more wrong than right. Obviously 2008 was his big moment.

Anyway that’s just how I usually see it…. If it’s been talked about and foreseen for 2 years, means they have been working to mitigate. Will some large commercial companies get hurt…. Yes. 2008, nah, that only happens when nobody sees it coming…

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The simple fact that you heard it from that many sources and it was conceded by the Fed tells you that they will mitigate the problem. The biggest crashes are usually not considered until it is too late. Michael Burry has been proven more wrong than right. Obviously 2008 was his big moment.

Anyway that’s just how I usually see it…. If it’s been talked about and foreseen for 2 years, means they have been working to mitigate. Will some large commercial companies get hurt…. Yes. 2008, nah, that only happens when nobody sees it coming…

So, no one will ever pay less than MSRP for a brand new Lotus Emira ?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Rich dad poor dad is poor dad now. But otherwise I hope the stripper pole guy is right. Wouldn’t mind picking up something different if the deal was right. Can’t say a 1/2 price Lambo is likely but fingers crossed.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, no one will ever pay less than MSRP for a brand new Lotus Emira ?
On the dealer lot, for sure it’s possible. A new factory order, less likely. But if you’re going to compare it to the discounts that were happening in 2008, I do not think so. The world evolves and the problems today are different than 15 years ago.

There are far more countries developing and gaining populations with more wealth than before, times have changed globally and what happened in the past is never a picture of the future.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Do you mind if I ask your age ? Just curious.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is the sky falling yet?

Yes, in China the sky has already hit the ground...... and is crushing the economy. Chinese banks are going belly up. Chinese banks are freezing deposits and not allowing depositor withdrawals.

In the USA, the best guess forecast is end of 2024 to 2025. But forecasting when the sky will fall is like predicting when it will rain.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No offense or insult intended .... you are still young ( anything over 60 is old- including me) so you have a more youthful and optimistic view on the future economy.
I’m not offended at all - someone’s age is irrelevant to the discussion about economics or Geo-politics. After all Michael Burry was 37 years old in 2008.

Give a watch to Peter Zehian on YouTube regarding the US / North American economy. Not saying I agree with everything he says, but it is a different view point worth considering.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m not offended at all - someone’s age is irrelevant to the discussion about economics or Geo-politics. After all Michael Burry was 37 years old in 2008.

Give a watch to Peter Zehian on YouTube regarding the US / North American economy. Not saying I agree with everything he says, but it is a different view point worth considering.
I have watched his videos and are familiar with his views and he has very interesting things to say.

But he is not a finance expert or economist to my knowledge.

TO STAY ON POINT of this thread, My comments were related to MSRP of the Lotus Emira.

And I stand by my point that soon Lotus dealers will be advertising and selling Emiras BELOW MSRP

That time will come soon.