i4 US Release - "Q4 2023"

christophermalex

Reaction score
Below is the brief email I sent to my LA dealer and their response. I have always been interested in the i4 and have no problem waiting as long as necessary. Looks like late 2023 at the earliest to see anything with the i4.

My email to dealer:
I know that Lotus has been focused on the V6 FE allocations thus far, and that is all we see on the configurator. Have they told you when there might be more information regarding the i4 FE allocations/pricing and when the i4 and base configurations will come available on the configurator?

Response: The I4 will arrive in Q4 of 2023. We will know more about allocations and production numbers for I4 mid 2023.

And no, this is not a typo. Those of us invested in waiting on the i4 get to sit back and watch how the next 18 months play out for all the V6 crowd. Should continue to be an entertaining see-saw of "I love Lotus this is going to be awesome!" and "Lotus don't know what they're doing, where's my car?! Someone talk to me!".

In the meantime, this has made life easy for me because I turn 40 next month and will jump on the Porsche bandwagon with a used 911 to cruise around with the kids in tow until I kick them out for a shiny new Emira!

The info I had from my dealer resonates with what you wrote, but the year is wrong.
So Info for I4 FE will be released mid this year, manufacturing starts early 2023.

Pretty sure they're 12 months too late with those dates. i4 First Edition specs and pricing are due in March this year for UK and I assume US pricing would follow 1-2 months later. First i4 deliveries in theory are end 2022 but I expect will actually be early 2023 for UK, with other countries following 1-3 months later.

I was told that emira I4 pricing should be out march-april from my local dealer with expectatiosn of building late 2022 and arrival q2-q3 2023

Follow-Up on my initial post. Today I spoke with Galpin Lotus and got some interesting information. I'm not a fan of being long-winded so prefer bullet points.
  1. The dealership has confirmed they will NOT be charging a dealer markup on the V6 FE initial allocation of cars they will be receiving from Lotus
  2. Galpin are attempting to "negotiate" with Lotus to get more V6 FE cars. For anyone they offer those additional allocations to they WILL charge a dealer markup (but since I'm interested in i4 FE anyway I didn't ask what that markup would be)
  3. Lotus have told Galpin that i4 FE cars will be available starting Q4 of 2023 as stated in the email I received back in early February, so that was not a typo. I am not surprised or concerned about this since I just bought my bridge car for my 40th birthday and I am loving my Manual 2006 Carrera S Convertible as long as I can until I have to possibly get rid of it to help finance my DCT-AMG
  4. I was told that I am #19 on their current list for the i4 which makes me feel pretty confident I should be in the mix once they get their allocation numbers in 6-7 months for that car. I assume that some folks will drop out due to this long wait anyway
  5. By the time the i4 FE comes out the base edition additional colors will be released for the V6 but still no word from Lotus on whether or not those colors will be available on the i4 FE cars
  6. I am dying to see some real final seats and colors like everyone else, but every cloud has a Nimbus lining so I will have plenty of time to gawk at the V6 versions over the next 12 months before making final decisions

Below is the brief email I sent to my LA dealer and their response. I have always been interested in the i4 and have no problem waiting as long as necessary. Looks like late 2023 at the earliest to see anything with the i4.

My email to dealer: I know that Lotus has been focused on the V6 FE allocations thus far, and that is all we see on the configurator. Have they told you when there might be more information regarding the i4 FE allocations/pricing and when the i4 and base configurations will come available on the configurator?

Response: The I4 will arrive in Q4 of 2023. We will know more about allocations and production numbers for I4 mid 2023.

And no, this is not a typo. Those of us invested in waiting on the i4 get to sit back and watch how the next 18 months play out for all the V6 crowd. Should continue to be an entertaining see-saw of "I love Lotus this is going to be awesome!" and "Lotus don't know what they're doing, where's my car?! Someone talk to me!".

In the meantime, this has made life easy for me because I turn 40 next month and will jump on the Porsche bandwagon with a used 911 to cruise around with the kids in tow until I kick them out for a shiny new Emira!

That is how it was when I purchased my Tesla Model 3. I had to wait 30 months for it. The wait was brutal but the advantage of waiting was that I got to hear from people who got their before me and hear what their thoughts were...good and bad. I am going to be trading that Tesla in for either a Cayman s/GTS or an Emira. My heart says Emira but my head say Cayman. I do not know much about Lotus, but the great thing is, I can wait to see what people have to say about it (any issues and such) and then decide if I want to pull the trigger or not. Dealer is right down the street from me so that is nice as I have heard there are not that many dealers here in the states.

Back