i4 Tuning Underway....

I did my first long distance road trip in my tuned Emira this past weekend for car week. Drove up from LA to San Mateo, to Monterey, lots of local roads and back down yesterday. It was about 1k miles in 2 days - i've done some shorter trips to Joshua Tree but nothing far with that many miles in a weekend. Inokinetic tune didn't miss a beat. Super smooth gobs of torque. Couple buddies up north drove my car and loved it with the commentary of "it's too fast!". Only things to note is I still have a couple rich/lean codes from the Aerie sports cat that were there before the tune. And the engine, like in stock form, does not like to lugged in a high gear in low rpm's which you shouldn't really do in any turbo car. Downshift one or two gears, get into the powerband before rolling on for max power. Super happy with the car like @docron said it should have come this way - and put another way this is what I imagined a tuned AMG would feel like, massive torque. Anyone in the US should do this as the first mod.
 
I did my first long distance road trip in my tuned Emira this past weekend for car week. Drove up from LA to San Mateo, to Monterey, lots of local roads and back down yesterday. It was about 1k miles in 2 days - i've done some shorter trips to Joshua Tree but nothing far with that many miles in a weekend. Inokinetic tune didn't miss a beat. Super smooth gobs of torque. Couple buddies up north drove my car and loved it with the commentary of "it's too fast!". Only things to note is I still have a couple rich/lean codes from the Aerie sports cat that were there before the tune. And the engine, like in stock form, does not like to lugged in a high gear in low rpm's which you shouldn't really do in any turbo car. Downshift one or two gears, get into the powerband before rolling on for max power. Super happy with the car like @docron said it should have come this way - and put another way this is what I imagined a tuned AMG would feel like, massive torque. Anyone in the US should do this as the first mod.
And the important thing is, it works, not some bs about this and that. We have over 50 cars in our local club with BG’s tune, be it as a FE, MY23, MY24 and SE, none has any BS issue.
 
Last edited:
And the important thing is, it works, not some bs about this and that. We have over 50 cars in our local club with BG’s tune, be it as a FE, MY23, MY24 and SE, none has any BS issue.
Is BG Boomgear? This is the one involving swapping the ECU for an older version that is unlockable?
 
Sounds great. While I certainly cannot identify with thinking "why would you want more power than this". The why is for me is that if this car where at 600 horsepower it no longer is this "junior supercar". Why does Lotus always have to be on the cute spectrum of things. It's such an aggressive beautiful sports car why not give it the extra power to go with it. It would be an outright supercar and the fantastic suspension and the car itself could easily handle it. I like my Lotus to be a nasty little beast and not just some tame sports car that is slightly underpowered (p/w included) from everything else. My goal is 2,900lbs @ 600 horsepower and that will leave me not wanting for more in another car. It would check all the boxes for me. A very light sports car with a high power to weight ratio and all the handling one would expect from a Lotus. I did it with my Lotus Elise at 500 horsepower and it was spectacular. I don't see why I can't do the same with the Emira.
 
Sounds great. While I certainly cannot identify with thinking "why would you want more power than this". The why is for me is that if this car where at 600 horsepower it no longer is this "junior supercar". Why does Lotus always have to be on the cute spectrum of things. It's such an aggressive beautiful sports car why not give it the extra power to go with it. It would be an outright supercar and the fantastic suspension and the car itself could easily handle it. I like my Lotus to be a nasty little beast and not just some tame sports car that is slightly underpowered (p/w included) from everything else. My goal is 2,900lbs @ 600 horsepower and that will leave me not wanting for more in another car. It would check all the boxes for me. A very light sports car with a high power to weight ratio and all the handling one would expect from a Lotus. I did it with my Lotus Elise at 500 horsepower and it was spectacular. I don't see why I can't do the same with the Emira.
My shop is always reminding me a Honda K20/24 turbo transplant can get me 600hp easily lol *edit forgot you wrote this and already know all about this lol
 
Last edited:
My shop is always reminding me a Honda K20/24 turbo transplant can get me 600hp easily lol *edit forgot you wrote this and already know all about this lol
Dont think we need a swap. this engine can and has done it. Turbo, intercooler tune, and perhaps a fuel upgrade and we are there.
 
If only someone could in a Lotus
What do you mean if? It is not if it is simply when. I know Kaz and I will look to join that club. I'll be all in for under 120k for a supercar that's also a Lotus
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top