i4 Tuning Underway....

Oh remember my Emira is the test mule...I have been driving with the beta tune for some time now. Next phase is just waiting on CPC cracking like __everyone__ is waiting for. June/July is what I would expect for any new developments on my side, not far. But the extra torque in the lower gears is pretty crazy, power up top has some power modulation from the CPC module so that has to get solved. There was a hot second they were going to remote load a detuned map where the upper gears did not have that modulation from the CPC but I am just driving around it and don't feel it up in the canyons. So, yeah I think bit more time. Everyone is waiting for I believe, this one guy overseas to solve this.
 
Oh remember my Emira is the test mule...I have been driving with the beta tune for some time now. Next phase is just waiting on CPC cracking like __everyone__ is waiting for. June/July is what I would expect for any new developments on my side, not far. But the extra torque in the lower gears is pretty crazy, power up top has some power modulation from the CPC module so that has to get solved. There was a hot second they were going to remote load a detuned map where the upper gears did not have that modulation from the CPC but I am just driving around it and don't feel it up in the canyons. So, yeah I think bit more time. Everyone is waiting for I believe, this one guy overseas to solve this.
Interesting thanks for the update . I though VF had it cracked?
 
Interesting thanks for the update . I though VF had it cracked?
Check-out their thread, "they're busy..." Or something to that effect. The reality is no one has this solved and commercially available yet. It's a race to who gets their first and by "race" I mean a ridiculously slow walk.
 
This is what I am waiting for ....
 
Shinoo and Brent literally did a house call yesterday and picked up my Emira to continue work on the intial tune...should be relatively soon to get it back!
 
The general plan is:

Some V1 tune which Brent is finalizing now (well technically a revision to the initial tune based on feedback)

CPC is able to be read, they can already write to it but can't pull a decrypted file off to edit

once cracked, V2 tune to go nuts

possible turbo upgrades

Methanol injection tuning <- can not wait my system is just turned off waiting around for the party to start

Transmission tuning

I think that's a general roadmap
 
The general plan is:

Some V1 tune which Brent is finalizing now (well technically a revision to the initial tune based on feedback)

CPC is able to be read, they can already write to it but can't pull a decrypted file off to edit

once cracked, V2 tune to go nuts

possible turbo upgrades

Methanol injection tuning <- can not wait my system is just turned off waiting around for the party to start

Transmission tuning

I think that's a general roadmap

Please transmission tunning ASAP. Transmission is making me want to sell.
 
I don't want to sell over it but it really is the focal point and hold up to really unleash this car
I just want the downshift time to get snappier, from the paddle click to the time the gear changes down...the rest is gravy for me. Also think the super smoothing it tries to do actually wears down the clutch more over time
 
I just want the downshift time to get snappier, from the paddle click to the time the gear changes down...the rest is gravy for me. Also think the super smoothing it tries to do actually wears down the clutch more over time
are you still using spray?
 
No, system is turned off until CPC stuff is figured out
Isn't there still benefit of lower intake temps and just in terms of reliability and wear
 
Isn't there still benefit of lower intake temps and just in terms of reliability and wear
Yes but I think we're skipping this intermediate step until the CPC module is cracked - just time issue.
 
Isn't there still benefit of lower intake temps and just in terms of reliability and wear
hold that thought yes I have my VC100 Snow Performance now turned on (btw GREAT system so easy).

Ok Inokinetic worked on V2 of the beta tune last week, which was intended to address some of the torque intervention - picked up the car yesterday and spent a few hours romping around the canyons this morning. BIG improvement. I think whenever Shinoo and Brent decide, this is now probably ready for primetime for US I4 cars.

I don't know the exact plan but I assume there will be continual clean ups and adjustments. But for me I am very happy with this until we have a CPC solution. This seems like getting close to the limit before there is too much torque at certain loads/rpm/gear that the torque intervention is too disruptive. I didn't get any transmission codes, everything is smooth. The dash torque figure when I did look climbed up to 489 ft/lbs is what I read on the dash - which again is actually supposedly a very accurate number (my shop explained to me the process and how this happens). But whatever, the car is faster. It was noticeably faster through straights into corners I know very well and had to adjust all my braking, that's usually a good sign.

I've had this Snow Performance system just sitting on the car idle, since the last thing we need is MORE power on top of the tune that is freaking the CPC out. So the plan was to just leave it off until...probably a few more iterations of the tune. After some dude mathing and Claude running some back of napkin numbers I set the VC100 pretty conservative to start methanol spray at 18psi and ramp up to 32psi. Long story short the car loved it, very consistent power all day and it was pretty hot today a normal setup would have seen some timing pulled. I'm using a single 10gph nozzle that was rated for 400-500hp and 25+psi and seems to have worked out great. I think our ECU is very adpative, I didn't get any bog or quench - car just ran cool and consistent. There's probably tons of headroom now which we will exploit later. Water temps didn't budge really as I was monitoring the obd2 values (the dash number is a lie).

Anyways go ahead and flood Shinoo with your questions lol, very happy with the car now and it's only going to get faster -
 
hold that thought yes I have my VC100 Snow Performance now turned on (btw GREAT system so easy).

Ok Inokinetic worked on V2 of the beta tune last week, which was intended to address some of the torque intervention - picked up the car yesterday and spent a few hours romping around the canyons this morning. BIG improvement. I think whenever Shinoo and Brent decide, this is now probably ready for primetime for US I4 cars.

I don't know the exact plan but I assume there will be continual clean ups and adjustments. But for me I am very happy with this until we have a CPC solution. This seems like getting close to the limit before there is too much torque at certain loads/rpm/gear that the torque intervention is too disruptive. I didn't get any transmission codes, everything is smooth. The dash torque figure when I did look climbed up to 489 ft/lbs is what I read on the dash - which again is actually supposedly a very accurate number (my shop explained to me the process and how this happens). But whatever, the car is faster. It was noticeably faster through straights into corners I know very well and had to adjust all my braking, that's usually a good sign.

I've had this Snow Performance system just sitting on the car idle, since the last thing we need is MORE power on top of the tune that is freaking the CPC out. So the plan was to just leave it off until...probably a few more iterations of the tune. After some dude mathing and Claude running some back of napkin numbers I set the VC100 pretty conservative to start methanol spray at 18psi and ramp up to 32psi. Long story short the car loved it, very consistent power all day and it was pretty hot today a normal setup would have seen some timing pulled. I'm using a single 10gph nozzle that was rated for 400-500hp and 25+psi and seems to have worked out great. I think our ECU is very adpative, I didn't get any bog or quench - car just ran cool and consistent. There's probably tons of headroom now which we will exploit later. Water temps didn't budge really as I was monitoring the obd2 values (the dash number is a lie).

Anyways go ahead and flood Shinoo with your questions lol, very happy with the car now and it's only going to get faster -
Yes this was exactly my point it is always better to have lower intake temperatures it benefits pretty much everything even if you are not looking to make higher total power
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kaz

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top