• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I have a feeling this is the week...

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think within the next 7 days something exciting is going to happen that is Emira-related. Perhaps the real reviews will finally drop, or some new photos? I just think it is coming soon, maybe we can will it to happen if we try hard enough?

#forthepsychics
#fortheantsy

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When’s the next Top Gear magazine due out? They said “next month for production test drive” when they reviewed the white VP car.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When’s the next Top Gear magazine due out? They said “next month for production test drive” when they reviewed the white VP car.
*Officially* the Top Gear show hasn't even been "renewed" by the BBC for Series 32 despite being finished with filming, so I really don't know what's going on over there at this point. Apparently they think that a "surprise" airing of a major production with no published schedule or warning is the way to run a media organization.

Early last week I emailed the media/PR contact for BBC Studios who is responsible for Top Gear, and asked about the intended release date, and received no response.

Is this sort of zero-info "surprise" business process (that keeps the public entirely in the dark) something that is actually in vogue among British business professionals? "Screw the customer/public/viewer, they'll get what we give them if and when it happens, and until then they should remain quietly ignorant." ??

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
*Officially* the Top Gear show hasn't even been "renewed" by the BBC for Series 32 despite being finished with filming, so I really don't know what's going on over there at this point. Apparently they think that a "surprise" airing of a major production with no published schedule or warning is the way to run a media organization.

Early last week I emailed the media/PR contact for BBC Studios who is responsible for Top Gear, and asked about the intended release date, and received no response.

Is this sort of zero-info "surprise" business process (that keeps the public entirely in the dark) something that is actually in vogue among British business professionals? "Screw the customer/public/viewer, they'll get what we give them if and when it happens, and until then they should remain quietly ignorant." ??
Sounds like BBC and Lotus practices may have a lot in common. Oh hang on, wasn’t the Eletre launch at BBC HQ? Perfect partnership! 😄

#forthecynics

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I wonder if Chris Harris breaking his foot has anything to do with the chaos of release dates. Not able to finish filming perhaps?

Stuff like this makes me think it's more contract disputes or distribution deals hanging in the wings rather than some surprise marketing ploy.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

the BBC is reknowned for being a
Big
Bag of
Crap.....

dont expect much

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Kind of like Tesla and how they eliminated their comms department all together. There is literally nobody there for answering questions or anything to market or communicate to customers. They do as well as they do with no commercials or ads, it's nuts.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sure I saw somewhere that the filming was a 'wrap' and Top Gear was back on the TV very soon...

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sure I saw somewhere that the filming was a 'wrap' and Top Gear was back on the TV very soon...
Exactly. And the presenters themselves have said as much on their social media accounts. Just no word whatsoever from the BBC, and all the UK orgs that track broadcast programs have it firmly listed as "not renewed" or "not yet renewed" for Series 32. In a sane world I would expect to see "Coming soon, the lads are back!" posts on IG or Twitter by now, or even on broadcast BBC feeds of various kinds.

Plenty of info online about Series 33 and onward being headquartered in a new location, but vanishingly little about the disposition of Series 32. The "official" online activity from TG accounts recently seems focused mostly on the magazine, which makes it all doubly confusing because they are radically different media production teams with their own independent development schedules and completely unrelated work product.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
1650812626357.gif

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like BBC and Lotus practices may have a lot in common. Oh hang on, wasn’t the Eletre launch at BBC HQ? Perfect partnership! 😄

#forthecynics
Typical/legendary British reserve?