❔ QUESTION New software update last week - who’s had it?

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interested to know who has got the update done. Did you have issues beforehand and have they been fixed? Any new or remaining issues? Mine is booked in for 2 weeks time.

KJWEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine is booked in for 12th Feb for the update(s). After the previous software updates (sept 2023), the car then failed to start on many, many occasions which I'd not experienced before. So, in short I've waited 5 months for this software to be released so the car hopefully becomes much more reliable. Awaiting feedback from another guy on a different group chat that's had it done.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My car is going in tomorrow for it's 12 month service with 6250 miles/10,000km completed. I haven't had the starting issues. I'll ask what the update addresses.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car is going in tomorrow for it's 12 month service with 6250 miles/10,000km completed. I haven't had the starting issues. I'll ask what the update addresses.
I haven't had the starting issues either and my annual service is coming up in March, so it would be good to know some more about what the software update addresses and whether you reckon its advisable given the issues other owners have experienced following their own updates.

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I haven't had the starting issues either and my annual service is coming up in March, so it would be good to know some more about what the software update addresses and whether you reckon its advisable given the issues other owners have experienced following their own updates.
It definitely addresses the non-starting issue that many have (but not you). That has been directly confirmed to me by Lotus. They don’t publish what else is covered. I suspect cold starting issues may be part of it. The dealer feedback so far is that it works / hasn’t caused other issues. By mid Feb / March it will be clear from all the people having it whether there are any issues. I will post an update early Feb when mine is done.

Bones25

Reaction score
I had the software update last week. I was having cold start problems and these continued to occur after the software update. I was told by the dealer that the changes were to increase tolerances in the engine management to avoid minor engine error reporting
As I said, cold start stalls are still occurring randomly

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the software update last week. I was having cold start problems and these continued to occur after the software update. I was told by the dealer that the changes were to increase tolerances in the engine management to avoid minor engine error reporting
As I said, cold start stalls are still occurring randomly
Have you tried any kind of fuel additive? Including, for example, any of the additives designed to stabilize fuel that may have gained a trace amount of water somehow?

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The January software update appears to have fixed the starting issue from the update applied last summer - so far mine has worked fine. The occasional cold start stall on 1st press of starter is still under investigation so hopefully there will be a fix for that soon. At least this is intermittent and starts on 2nd push