• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I have a feeling this is the week...

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
oi aint herd nothing as much as a snipped, they did send me a merch email however that sight is done. weeeeeee bit dissapointed.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All the dealers are supposedly being called to Hethel this Wednesday through Friday. I don't think they'd be doing that if the news was bad...

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All the dealers are supposedly being called to Hethel this Wednesday through Friday. I don't think they'd be doing that if the news was bad...
All the dealers are sending representatives to Hethel? very cool.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think within the next 7 days something exciting is going to happen that is Emira-related. Perhaps the real reviews will finally drop, or some new photos? I just think it is coming soon, maybe we can will it to happen if we try hard enough?

#forthepsychics
#fortheantsy
I am Charlie Brown and Lotus is Lucy pulling away the football...

Russc

Reaction score
Yep, they confirmed this at the factory tour last week. Had a feeling from some of the comments that it`s around forthcoming product lines rather than anything Emira related.

Was told that they are looking at bringing some of the unmade ideas to life in limited editions. Apparently there is an archive of vehicles that they never made for various reasons but now they are thinking "why not".

But this is lotus, who knows. Did sound strange after they have just finished sorting the factory for the Emira.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep, they confirmed this at the factory tour last week. Had a feeling from some of the comments that it`s around forthcoming product lines rather than anything Emira related.

Was told that they are looking at bringing some of the unmade ideas to life in limited editions. Apparently there is an archive of vehicles that they never made for various reasons but now they are thinking "why not".

But this is lotus, who knows. Did sound strange after they have just finished sorting the factory for the Emira.
Perhaps seeing production up close, getting a Base and i4 update and learning next round of allocations , with Q&A opportunity?
Toss in a track drive and EV overview. Maybe even a session on customer relations?
Imagination is set to Overdrive.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Factory tour, hands-on training on the differences between touring and sport, training on all the options and option packages, demonstration and experience with the demo cars they're going to be issued by Lotus.... the mind soars with possibilities.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe they are going to ask the dealers to train Hethel to respond to customers :cautious:

"So what do you typically do when a customer wants more information. You don't give it to them right?"

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It will have been scheduled before the recently announced delay to first Emira deliveries, so I assume it was intended to give dealers drives of the car, kick off training on PDI and handovers, briefings on specifications/options/pricing, actual viewing of the exterior colours and interior fabrics ( :) ).

Plus an update on Eletre, Type 133-135 and progress on the Vision 80 strategy.

I think it's being done in phases, as it looks like some of the non-UK dealers arrived today and are having sessions tomorrow then departing on Wednesday, whereas most of the UK dealers are getting there on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Krisjc21

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this week we will get an update that all deliveries will be delayed .. haha it seems to be happening with all car manufacturers tho with chip shortage . If Toyota ,Honda and Nissan VW, Tesla some of the biggest car manufacturers with multiple car factories to build cars are expecting delays . what more for a smaller factory of lotus😭😓

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a feeling that this week we will get an update that all deliveries will be delayed .. haha it seems to be happening with all car manufacturers tho with chip shortage . If Toyota ,Honda and Nissan VW, Tesla some of the biggest car manufacturers with multiple car factories to build cars are expecting delays . what more for a smaller factory of lotus😭😓
Oddly enough, that may not be the case. Those other companies order way more parts than Lotus needs, so their small order may get fulfilled because the supplier who doesn't have enough to fill the big orders, may have enough for the small amount Lotus needs.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It will have been scheduled before the recently announced delay to first Emira deliveries, so I assume it was intended to give dealers drives of the car, kick off training on PDI and handovers, briefings on specifications/options/pricing, actual viewing of the exterior colours and interior fabrics ( :) ).

Plus an update on Eletre, Type 133-135 and progress on the Vision 80 strategy.

I think it's being done in phases, as it looks like some of the non-UK dealers arrived today and are having sessions tomorrow then departing on Wednesday, whereas most of the UK dealers are getting there on Wednesday