Emira key fob, anti-theft etc.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've read all about the procedure for starting older Lotus cars, including the Evora.
You have a physical key which slides into the ignition then a push button start.
Before you insert the key into the ignition, you need to push a button on the key to deactivate the immobilizer which makes it a much better anti-theft device than the current key fob, push button cars, where thieves can use key readers to reprogram a blank and steal your car.
Will Lotus be going with the new, less safe process, or staying with the old system?

I've read all about the procedure for starting older Lotus cars, including the Evora.
You have a physical key which slides into the ignition then a push button start.
Before you insert the key into the ignition, you need to push a button on the key to deactivate the immobilizer which makes it a much better anti-theft device than the current key fob, push button cars, where thieves can use key readers to reprogram a blank and steal your car.
Will Lotus be going with the new, less safe process, or staying with the old system?
The Emira utilizes a keyless push botton start. So I suppose it's the "less safe" but more common keyless start.

The Emira utilizes a keyless push botton start. So I suppose it's the "less safe" but more common keyless start.
That's what I was afraid of my friend.
Unfortunately I don't have a garage to park my Emira in.

Plenty of time to build one. Or you can convert a shed into a garage. Here in the states they run a few thousand dollars and are easily converted.

The condo association may frown on that.
Yeah, as well as HOA's, but if you moved into a area with a HOA that's all on you lol. Another option is rent a storage unit for 150 a month and call it a day and get a Solar Panel trickle charger. Obviously in a nice area.

The best way is to install a kill switch in your vehicle, that along with a hidden battery cut off is pretty good. However if its out in the open it can be moved without the need of the vehicle running. All it takes it 2 of the below to move a vehicle.

I'll probably end up getting one of these, and install a security camera and alarm motion sensor inside, windows covered up.
Keeps the car out of sight, and out of the elements rain, sun and snow.
A place to do oil changes, and detail the car.
Better than sitting outside on the driveway.

Yeah, as well as HOA's, but if you moved into a area with a HOA that's all on you lol. Another option is rent a storage unit for 150 a month and call it a day and get a Solar Panel trickle charger. Obviously in a nice area.
Not everyone lives in a SFH with a garage or space to put up a portable storage unit. Fewer people are living in SFH. And if you live in an incorporated community, you might as well have an HOA as far as permits and other related ordinances go.

In my area, the ‘discount’ introductory price for a 10 x 20 drive up unit averages about $330 a month for the first few months, before kicking up to $400+ monthly. And they are unlikely to let someone install solar panels on the roof.

$150 is the intro price for a 5 x 10 second floor space.

Ill probably rent half of my son’s garage.

BTW…on a different topic…it’s the logistics of charging EVs at condos and high rise buildings that will be more of a challenge than scattering public charging stations around the country.

May I suggest a motion detector flood light and dash cam? Garage rentals may be feasable depending on your location and situation (not sure if you have a daily driver or if the Emira will be your only vehicle).