Hi Team, look what I can buy for $63K! thoughts?

OP
lion shf

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Gotta love the ending: "At least you don't have to see it while you are driving". This thing is 700lb more than the Emira?
Yeah their review was really good. They are always honest and give good detail on driving dynamics. I can’t wait for geese and jack

Zack did say he couldn’t walk out to his driveway and see it everyday that was pretty damning lol

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@lion shf Lots of deliveries already, got yours yet?

1.) Car was announced in October and it's being delivered already, common Lotus!
2.) Dynos show it producing ~465whp / ~412 lb-ft, Dynojet 424 CF: Std Smoothing 5

OP
lion shf

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
@lion shf Lots of deliveries already, got yours yet?

1.) Car was announced in October and it's being delivered already, common Lotus!
2.) Dynos show it producing ~465whp / ~412 lb-ft, Dynojet 424 CF: Std Smoothing 5
In my 105 Emira depression and the loss of the 718 T + 5k increase I heard of a new m2 and visited the build site 63k and 3500 in extras it’s loaded and ready to go. I was SHOCKED how inexpensive it is, but if you remember, this winter we’re buying a yacht, THEN my car a year or two later. I’m guessing like lotus bmw will sell every m2 they make and 2 years from now 63 will be 75, game over, so long story I have not put down the 1k to reserve the car cause my wife wants to play sleep over at the marina FFS
theres 2 at mt laurel bmw sitting there cause 10k adm, I’ll check them in person next week after spring break
disclaimer son1 is in from LA this am, we’ve been housing first state lager so

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
M2 definitely has some curves that I just don’t like, nearly hate. However, it’s a relative bargain for what you get and it’ll likely beat the Emira in just about every performance measure. Then add reliability which I honestly think will be at least equal to the Emira plus way more dealer support… I see your rationale lion.

If someone were to release a good looking aftermarket front and rear bumper, that would sell me... maybe shift over completely. I swung by a Porsche dealership and they didn’t have any 718’s. And everything they did have carried a 20kish plus ADM.

My options, like you, quickly narrowing.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Just built it MAXXED out to 67,750 or so.
Lots of deliveries on bimmer F, no weird failures yet
Still looks horrible/tacky, it's a pig, zero exclusivity, weak color palette...

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nice car. Just not a BMW fan
I know I’m going to get hammered on comments on this but I just bought this toy and it amazing for what it is.
2023 Subaru BRZ limited $32k

Attachments

• 2BC8102E-9480-4D04-9641-8A40295971D4.jpeg
    2BC8102E-9480-4D04-9641-8A40295971D4.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 014588E6-9919-48BD-84AD-C140BF33EB21.jpeg
    014588E6-9919-48BD-84AD-C140BF33EB21.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 38

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know I’m going to get hammered on comments on this but I just bought this toy and it amazing for what it is.
No hammer from me. Great car.

OP
lion shf

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m all about blue. Visiting the car at Bel Air Saturday very excited. 12 month wait.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Vendors are already getting after it, check the lo #63
bXr4nHM.jpg
As a Bimmer fan and owner, I still can't believe how BMW is managing to make such hideous cars. I won't be buying any more anytime soon. I wouldn't care if it were $40K. Maybe I put too much into looks over price/performance but I just can't get past this one.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This actually makes some sense to me. Cheap and fun, and that color is fantastic. Well done.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Saw the M2 in person, there are a few things that are just unforgivable and are so unlike the BMW I'm used to. The plastic side skirts going up into the metal rear quarter panel looks super awkward in person. Interior is actually nice albeit a bit overdone. Some of the technology/infotainment choices are major head scratchers. The color choices are so uninspiring as well.

I really wanted to love it as an upgrade to the F87, but nope. The M3/M4, being around the same weight, are the much nicer looking choice, IMO. For someone that needs a really nice family sedan, that's the one I'd get. However, it's SO LARGE! BMW may as well call it an M5.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you really want an invisible car, get a silver one and be done with it. It would be nice as a complimentary car for an exotic-looking one (like the Emira), but not in place of said Emira, at least IMO.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This actually makes some sense to me. Cheap and fun, and that color is fantastic. Well done.
Thank you. it’s not anything like my Evora GT but damn it’s a blast to drive.
As soon as it’s run in will be going to track it.