Hello from Canada

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi Everyone, I just ordered a Emira from Gentry Lane, they said I am spot #131 and was hoping that I can take delivery 2024 or 2025 latest LOL. I am 33 years old and told them as long as I get it by my mid-life crisis. I am from Toronto, my previous "fun cars" include 2 FR-S, E90 M3 6MT and still own, a Lexus GS-F
Welcome! I am at lotus of Oakville. It will be a long wait, but worth it! I wonder if anyone has an idea on what allocations Canada will see in 2023?

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! I am at lotus of Oakville. It will be a long wait, but worth it! I wonder if anyone has an idea on what allocations Canada will see in 2023?
Good question...
From what I recall, Canada only had a measly 10% share (70/700) for the North American FEV6 allocations. It appears that most Canadian dealerships have a healthy amount of allocations (~100+ each for 5 dealerships). Therefore, at that pace, anyone putting in a deposit now may have to wait 5 years to get their car! This ratio has to improve going forward or we will have some angry Canadians at the back of the line!

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Good question...
From what I recall, Canada only had a measly 10% share (70/700) for the North American FEV6 allocations. It appears that most Canadian dealerships have a healthy amount of allocations (~100+ each for 5 dealerships). Therefore, at that pace, anyone putting in a deposit now may have to wait 5 years to get their car! This ratio has to improve going forward or we will have some angry Canadians at the back of the line!
Are you implying there are 2500 Canadian deposits? Porsche only sold 640 718’s in 2021, it seriously doubt Lotus could sell 500 Emira’s in a single MY in Canada. If they do then they would probably be thrilled.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good question...
It won't. Canada population is 10% of US population, see where that allocation ratios come from?

2022 allocations were for V6 FE only, next year there should be way more for I4 and base editions. The Montreal dealer said a few months back he's expecting somewhere around 50 allocations for 2023. Time will tell.

Mangoose

Reaction score
Had no idea the waiting list is now this long! So far mine is still scheduled for delivery in November, let's see if that changes. Anyway, it's gonna be winter time, so not a big deal of it slips 2-3 months
Yes! So with a few cancellation, I'm really hoping before fall 2023. I didn't ask Bernard from John Scotti this question, but are you aware of the process if somehow the vehicle is delivered to the dealer in the winter? I presume there would be a way to deliver the car, protected, to your home for an extra cost...

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes! So with a few cancellation, I'm really hoping before fall 2023. I didn't ask Bernard from John Scotti this question, but are you aware of the process if somehow the vehicle is delivered to the dealer in the winter? I presume there would be a way to deliver the car, protected, to your home for an extra cost...
They can keep at the dealership if they have room, else they have closed transporters to ship it to your home for an extra cost.

OP
Buzz

Buzz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am here in Nova Scotia. Deposit in since Aug 31 at Oakville. Haven't had much communication but hoping to finalize my order with them by end of summer and 1st half of 2023 for delivery. We will see. It is my full on mid-life crisis car. lol.

OP
Buzz

Buzz

Reaction score
Nova Scotia as well. Have my deposit in at John Scotti. Telling me I'll see the car in November /December 2022. Might be a twin to yours, DV tan interior. Driving Evora now...

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are you implying there are 2500 Canadian deposits? Porsche only sold 640 718’s in 2021, it seriously doubt Lotus could sell 500 Emira’s in a single MY in Canada. If they do then they would probably be thrilled.
Oh no... I was assuming a total of 500 deposits total based on what others have noted in these forums.
Gentry Lane (Toronto) ~ 130+
Oakville (Toronto) ~ 100+
Scotti (Montreal) ~ 70+
Calgary ~ 50 (from Feb 2022)
Vancouver - unknown... However, I believe they were given the 2nd most FE orders with 15ish. For fun, lets say they have 70 allocations.
(Note - this does not take into consideration those who pulled out)

Add those up and we have around 420+ total allocations in Canada. Canada's share of North American FE orders was around 10% (70/700). If that trend continues... anyone who is putting in a deposit now is potentially looking at getting a car in 4 years. Assuming production increases and/or more cars come to Canada, maybe 3 years??

Again... pure speculation!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bear in mind the 70/700 allocation was based on a mid 2022 production start, so was only half a year and single shift. 2023 allocations are likely to be between x2 and x4 that.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I recall seeing 700/2400 as the FE + Base allocation for NA but I don’t know if that’s calendar 22/23 or just model year 23 numbers. I also don’t know if the 2400 includes the 700 FE’s.

I don’t see the 2400 number going up by x2, certainly not by x3. However I don’t think these take into account the week 39 (that may shift) addition of a 2nd shift. You also need to take into account they are maxed out at 7500 chassis until they outsource some of that manufacturing so getting to 10000 / year is a tough battle.

If these numbers hold true that would mean 240 allocations for Canada that could shift up if they get to full production and 2 shifts.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any Canadians hear about the Emira touring / test drives North at our dealerships?

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any Canadians hear about the Emira touring / test drives North at our dealerships?
I spoke with Gentry Lane about a month ago. What I recall from the discussion was that they were initially told that they would have a demo in late October. But they were not confident with that timeline and expected it later than that.

I insisted that they notify me when they intend to have it. Radio silence ever since...

Hopefully, someone has better insight!

lotusnewb

Reaction score
I spoke with Gentry Lane about a month ago. What I recall from the discussion was that they were initially told that they would have a demo in late October. But they were not confident with that timeline and expected it later than that.

I insisted that they notify me when they intend to have it. Radio silence ever since...

Hopefully, someone has better insight!
I just spoke to Anthony at Oakville Lotus- he was told February 2023 for the first demo car being available.