Hello from Canada

Buzz

Reaction score
Hello all, Been a Lotus fan forever. The first Lotus I saw in a showroom was a Europa around 1969. Bought one many years later followed by an Elise and presently an Evora. Hope to be in an Emira in 2022 .....

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all, Been a Lotus fan forever. The first Lotus I saw in a showroom was a Europa around 1969. Bought one many years later followed by an Elise and presently an Evora. Hope to be in an Emira in 2022 .....
Hello fellow Canadian. Whereabouts are you located?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Buzz 🍻 I used to live in Toronto.. loved it up there!

johnnymac

Reaction score
Hey Buzz, I am a big car nut but never considered a Lotus until this Emira. I am not a wealthy person so any car I buy also needs to be able to do regular car things and I felt the recent ones have been a little too track focused to be good as a daily driver. This new Emira seems like a very good car that will offer a better daily driving personality.

I was happy to see that you are located in the Maritimes as I am in New Brunswick. Other than price my biggest concern is having someone closer than the dealer that can service and maintain the vehicle. Did you find someone good in NS that works on your Lotus?

OP
Buzz

Buzz

Reaction score
Hey Buzz, I am a big car nut but never considered a Lotus until this Emira. I am not a wealthy person so any car I buy also needs to be able to do regular car things and I felt the recent ones have been a little too track focused to be good as a daily driver. This new Emira seems like a very good car that will offer a better daily driving personality.

I was happy to see that you are located in the Maritimes as I am in New Brunswick. Other than price my biggest concern is having someone closer than the dealer that can service and maintain the vehicle. Did you find someone good in NS that works on your Lotus?
Hey J Mac. I take my 2014 Evora to a local shop to have the oil changed. It has only been back to the dealer in Montreal once to replace a headlamp under warranty. The only other issue I had with it was that the passenger side window winder died last year. I bought the part from John Scotti and replaced it myself. I have had really good luck with these cars and wouldn't hesitate in getting the Emira. If something goes wrong I'll just deal with it. I keep the car in Florida in the winter and there is a dealer in town so for half the year help is nearby. Evora is used as a daily driver in the U.S. and think that the Emira will be even better suited as a daily. The Elise was completely uncivilized but it sure was a blast.

johnnymac

Reaction score
Hey J Mac. I take my 2014 Evora to a local shop to have the oil changed. It has only been back to the dealer in Montreal once to replace a headlamp under warranty. The only other issue I had with it was that the passenger side window winder died last year. I bought the part from John Scotti and replaced it myself. I have had really good luck with these cars and wouldn't hesitate in getting the Emira. If something goes wrong I'll just deal with it. I keep the car in Florida in the winter and there is a dealer in town so for half the year help is nearby. Evora is used as a daily driver in the U.S. and think that the Emira will be even better suited as a daily. The Elise was completely uncivilized but it sure was a blast.
Oh nice. Here in NB I’m a little closer to the dealer in Montreal but not exactly a tow truck away. I won’t be buying an Emira until 2024 so hopefully if there are any little issues they have it worked out by then.

So do you drive the Evora don’t south for the winter? Will you be keeping the Evora or trading it in?

OP
Buzz

Buzz

Reaction score
Oh nice. Here in NB I’m a little closer to the dealer in Montreal but not exactly a tow truck away. I won’t be buying an Emira until 2024 so hopefully if there are any little issues they have it worked out by then.

So do you drive the Evora don’t south for the winter? Will you be keeping the Evora or trading it in?
Hey, Yep we drive it south in the fall and drive it back to N.S in late spring... I won't be keeping it if I get the Emira so could trade or sell it.

Gardencityguy

Reaction score
Hi fellow Canadians.
I’m located in Winnipeg and looking at the emira. Just a couple of questions I wouldn’t mind getting your input on.

1. If it’s under warranty, do you have to get it serviced at a lotus dealer? (The closest dealership would be Calgary) Or can it be done at say a Mercedes dealership if I’m getting the 2.0L 4 cylinder engine with dct ?

2. What have the dealerships said to you regarding allocation, wait time and position on list?

3. How much was the deposit? Did they say anything about what the actual cost will be?
Thanks in advance 😀

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi fellow Canadians.
I’m located in Winnipeg and looking at the emira. Just a couple of questions I wouldn’t mind getting your input on.

1. If it’s under warranty, do you have to get it serviced at a lotus dealer? (The closest dealership would be Calgary) Or can it be done at say a Mercedes dealership if I’m getting the 2.0L 4 cylinder engine with dct ?

2. What have the dealerships said to you regarding allocation, wait time and position on list?

3. How much was the deposit? Did they say anything about what the actual cost will be?
Thanks in advance 😀
Welcome!

My thoughts on your questions:
1. I believe that you will have to take the car back to the dealership in order to not void the warranty.

2. Calgary told me I would hear more in September. I asked all the questions and received generic vague answers. 🙄

3. $2500 (refundable) and no information at all about price. 😬

Hope that helps. If you end up buying one, we can coordinate trips back to Calgary for servicing! Can you imagine seeing 2 Emira's screaming down the highway??!!