Hello from Canada

Shaur

Reaction score
Will be a car for weekends, scenic drives and weekend getaways. The odd car meet as well. As much as I would like to use it year round I think I will let it hibernate over the winter and use the truck.
I'd be tempted to pull it out during the winters but then again higher risk of damage and me crying to bed Haha not a big fan of letting machines sit idle for long, ah well, at this point this is a dream till we get pricing

Shaur

Reaction score
My guess to this is zero person is going to use that car in canadian winter condition.
I've personally used all my previous rwd vehicles in the winter/snow... just have to know your driving style and the dynamics of the vehicle, not sure on the clearance of the Emira yet and how it'd react in colder temperatures but they did say it's meant to be a touring world car....Porsches seem to do fairly well in Canadian winters as well

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've personally used all my previous rwd vehicles in the winter/snow... just have to know your driving style and the dynamics of the vehicle, not sure on the clearance of the Emira yet and how it'd react in colder temperatures but they did say it's meant to be a touring world car....Porsches seem to do fairly well in Canadian winters as well
Depends where people live. Myself I live in a Mountains region and winter are really tough.

Anyway I dont even drive my sports cars when it is raining in summer so I would never put a car that much expensive into salts , rocks and sands.

Too beautiful of a car for such bad conditions. If I was a millionnaire perhaps because I would change / flip the car every year or so but the truth is that I keep my car for very long time and if they dont stay in like new condition I do not like them anymore but cannot afford to change them often and loose monney.

Shaur

Reaction score
Depends where people live. Myself I live in a Mountains region and winter are really tough.

Anyway I dont even drive my sports cars when it is raining in summer so I would never put a car that much expensive into salts , rocks and sands.

Too beautiful of a car for such bad conditions. If I was a millionnaire perhaps because I would change / flip the car every year or so but the truth is that I keep my car for very long time and if they dont stay in like new condition I do not like them anymore but cannot afford to change them often and loose monney.
valid point and perspective.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You could at least do the Lotus winter driving course and have some fun on a frozen lake somewhere…

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Fingers crossed.
2021-10-14_13-16-58.jpg

lotusnewb

Reaction score
Hello all
Joining the discussion late, and also put down a late deposit (yesterday). Deposit made in Oakville. It was $2,500 and I was told that's what Lotus head office is asking for. No other additional information gained that's not already in this thread. I was just told that 10% is required upon placing the order. I did see the Canadian price points in a Lotus communication posted in another forum - 96k for base and 120 for first edition. Other than that, eager as the rest of you to learn more about next steps.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello all
Joining the discussion late, and also put down a late deposit (yesterday). Deposit made in Oakville. It was $2,500 and I was told that's what Lotus head office is asking for. No other additional information gained that's not already in this thread. I was just told that 10% is required upon placing the order. I did see the Canadian price points in a Lotus communication posted in another forum - 96k for base and 120 for first edition. Other than that, eager as the rest of you to learn more about next steps.
Welcome. There's so much here to enjoy as you get up to speed (and mull over as you wait). You are in good company.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello all
Welcome,

Just wondering, when you put down your deposit if you knew what position you were in? Did he give you an approx. time frame of when you would see one? (2023?)

lotusnewb

Reaction score
Welcome,

Just wondering, when you put down your deposit if you knew what position you were in? Did he give you an approx. time frame of when you would see one? (2023?)
Thanks. I asked what deposit position I was in but they didn't say. I had called Gentry Lane before that and was told I would be #80 in cue. They required $5,000 for the deposit and $2,500 at the Oakville dealer. I was by sales in Oakville that $2,500 is what Lotus head office is requiring. So, I guess if I get a confirmation e-mail from Lotus confirming my position in the cue, then $2,500 is all that is required by them.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks. I asked what deposit position I was in but they didn't say. I had called Gentry Lane before that and was told I would be #80 in cue. They required $5,000 for the deposit and $2,500 at the Oakville dealer. I was by sales in Oakville that $2,500 is what Lotus head office is requiring. So, I guess if I get a confirmation e-mail from Lotus confirming my position in the cue, then $2,500 is all that is required by them.

80 at gentry lane - any other Canadians here want to predict the total Canadian allotment for FE's coming to Canada? My best guess is 250 total.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
80 at gentry lane - any other Canadians here want to predict the total Canadian allotment for FE's coming to Canada? My best guess is 250 total.
I think this had been posted at some point awhile back and don’t remember the number. But I remember thinking I was likely going to be just past the cutoff for a 2022 car and towards the top of 2023. This was my realistic expectation when I put in my deposit mid July (It was maybe a week after the reveal), #35 at Gentry. Somebody shared a communication from the Vancouver dealership recently as well of them claiming they are receiving the “lions share” of the Canadian allocation. It really does seem like we’re getting the short end of the stick. UK and US buyers are all getting contacted from Lotus and invited to viewing events - meanwhile we are likely paying a lot more as well as double shipment since they ship to Lotus USA, and from there to Canada - and for that basically getting zero communication. I haven’t received a thing apart from when I reached out to the dealership as soon as the configurator went live and gave them the spec I want (they didn’t ask for it), it just confirmed what I suspected I wanted when I put in my deposit. My hope all along is to get my V6 manual FE for June 2023 but I kind of doubt it at this point.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm still holding on to my #4 spot in Montreal, but the more I think abour it the more I think I'll wait for the base edition, wait for the reviews, wait for the first feedback from owners and then spec it with only the desired options.

I'm not in a rush as the Cayman GT4 is plenty of fun for now and also got a deposit since a few months for the GR Corolla as the new daily driver, so maybe I'll get that one this year, who knows...

shu5892001

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just ordered a Emira from Gentry Lane, they said I am spot #131 and was hoping that I can take delivery 2024 or 2025 latest LOL. I am 33 years old and told them as long as I get it by my mid-life crisis. I am from Toronto, my previous "fun cars" include 2 FR-S, E90 M3 6MT and still own, a Lexus GS-F

Mangoose

Reaction score
Hi all. Good to see a Canadian thread. I'm number 70-ish from John Scotti in Montreal but I reside in Ottawa. Deliver end of 2023, supposedly... I haven't seen a single Ottawan on this forum yet - hopefully I'm not the only one! 35 years old here, so somewhere in between my quarter-life and mid-life crisis.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome aboard shu5892001 and Mangoose! You're in for quite the journey.

If you are looking for information on the new Emira, you've come to the right place!

I too have a deposit in with Gentry. They are nice people. However, don't expect to get much information out of them. You are better off coming here to get answers to your questions.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had no idea the waiting list is now this long! So far mine is still scheduled for delivery in November, let's see if that changes. Anyway, it's gonna be winter time, so not a big deal of it slips 2-3 months

D4speed

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am here in Nova Scotia. Deposit in since Aug 31 at Oakville. Haven't had much communication but hoping to finalize my order with them by end of summer and 1st half of 2023 for delivery. We will see. It is my full on mid-life crisis car. lol.