Hello and another from Scotland

Simon82

Reaction score
Hello! New member to the forum here but not a stranger to Lotus. I have had 2 V6 exige's and a 2-11 so far and very much looking forward to the Emira's arrival to be back in a lotus again! Here are some pictures of my previous Lotus's

First Lotus I purchased was a 2013 Exige V6 S. Some of you may recognize the car as i was fortunate enough to be included in an EVO magazine group test when i had it, was a great experience and I loved that car!
1st exige 1.jpg

After the above I got the 2-11 which was utterly fantastic (on the 3 dry days a year we get in Scotland :p) and managed to get to Spa and the ring with it.
211 3.jpg

211 2.jpg

After that i went back to V6 Exige, this time a 350 Sport in Daytona Blue with Carbon bits. (This one might give a clue as to the spec of my Emira :ROFLMAO:) took this down to the Factory for the 70th anniversary celebrations which was a great experience.
2nd v6 1.jpg

Currently in a Porsche (don't hate me 😝) but looking forward to getting back into a Lotus again.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! Great cars. One of the rare yellow 2-11s - must have been epic at Spa and the Ring. I've passengered in two, one in a lovely Type 25 colour scheme for a very wet drive to Goodwood and back. Second time was Gav Kershaw driving round Snetterton defying the laws of physics!

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome aboard! I'm in Scotland too in the Borders. Love the Daytona 350. Sounds like there will be 2 of us in Scotland with similar coloured Emiras. I've gone for Seneca, Black patch, black wheels and red calipers.

OP
S

Simon82

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I'm in Scotland too in the Borders. Love the Daytona 350. Sounds like there will be 2 of us in Scotland with similar coloured Emiras. I've gone for Seneca, Black patch, black wheels and red calipers.
Thankyou! I’ve pretty much gone for the same as my 350. Seneca blue, black pack, red calipers, red stictching/alcantara. Hoping I can get a red centre marking stripe on the steering wheel to tie it together, if not might switch to yellow stitching and calipers. Also gone sports suspension with the Good Year tyres having tried to run Cup2’s on my GT4 they just don’t work on Scottish roads and it kills the car.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thankyou! I’ve pretty much gone for the same as my 350. Seneca blue, black pack, red calipers, red stictching/alcantara. Hoping I can get a red centre marking stripe on the steering wheel to tie it together, if not might switch to yellow stitching and calipers. Also gone sports suspension with the Good Year tyres having tried to run Cup2’s on my GT4 they just don’t work on Scottish roads and it kills the car.
That is interesting to hear. I initially specced cup2s then thought better of it so now also going for sports and Goodyears. Alcantara with red stitch for me too, so identical spec. What good taste we have 😀

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That is interesting to hear. I initially specced cup2s then thought better of it so now also going for sports and Goodyears. Alcantara with red stitch for me too, so identical spec. What good taste we have 😀
You Seneca Blue boys have me outnumbered with my Dark Verdant! As we are all in Scotland perhaps you should have white Saltires applied for full effect? I can just put a discreet thistle on the rear of mine.:ROFLMAO:

As I'm an old git and this will be a daily driver (unless I keep the 996 C4S - domestic negotiations underway...) so I've gone for the Touring chassis, which will still be a major upgrade from my previous Lotus - an eclat 35 years ago...

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Awesome!! How’s the weather in Scotland this time of year? Thinking of visiting in the next month or so.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Awesome!! How’s the weather in Scotland this time of year? Thinking of visiting in the next month or so.
Err, wet & windy, and February quite a good month for snow, March should be a bit better. Maybe not quite Bay area standards!

OP
S

Simon82

Reaction score
Changeable but generally cold and wet. I’d suggest end of April/May or end of September/October, not the warmest but generally driest times of the year plus less midges and tourists at those times as well.

OP
S

Simon82

Reaction score
You Seneca Blue boys have me outnumbered with my Dark Verdant! As we are all in Scotland perhaps you should have white Saltires applied for full effect? I can just put a discreet thistle on the rear of mine.:ROFLMAO:

As I'm an old git and this will be a daily driver (unless I keep the 996 C4S - domestic negotiations underway...) so I've gone for the Touring chassis, which will still be a major upgrade from my previous Lotus - an eclat 35 years ago...
Seneca is my pick of the launch colours but would love ardent red or aubergine if it was a possibility but not an option for custom colours at present unfortunately

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Not exactly a spring chicken myself having recently jacked work, but the prospect of Emira ownership really does have me feeling like an over excited kid :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thankyou, I certainly am. Currently in Tenerife feeding my road cycling addiction :)
Lucky man! I have a year or two to go, just turning 58 yesterday. Hoping to get back on the road bike soon - did a couple of Sportivs in Ullapool 7 or 8 years ago, the Caley Etape a couple of times then London to Paris, and Paris to Bordeaux.

After training in Scotland in the winter for most of those events, cycling in warmer climes would be an absolute joy!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting, seems there are a few of us who are also cyclists. I just helped my daughter find a new (to her) carbon road bike and first time out she is now faster than me. I can’t persuade her to go back to her heavy old thing, so guess I need to get faster :(

OP
S

Simon82

Reaction score
Interesting, seems there are a few of us who are also cyclists. I just helped my daughter find a new (to her) carbon road bike and first time out she is now faster than me. I can’t persuade her to go back to her heavy old thing, so guess I need to get faster :(
Not same Discipline but keen mountain biker here with a mixture of gravel/trail thrown in for good measure. Roads are too busy round my neck of the woods for me to enjoy cycling on them unfortunately ☹️

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira will help you catchup !!! 🤣

#ForTheBikers

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
NE Scotland here! Don’t want to let the Speyside winding roads go to waste now! NE250 and NC500. Hopefully will get some Outer Hebrides journeys in there, although will prob do long trips in my daily estate with the dogs though.