Hello from Germany

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello! I'm already reading several months here on the forum and it's a nice place to be, I like the technical postings, especially from TomE which are always on the point and very helpful.

Next week I will be at the dealer (Sportivo Leipzig) to see the Emira for the first time in real life. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in the flesh. I remember seeing the Evora for the first time and it was so much better than on paper. Same I hope with the Emira.

But when it turns out to be that good looking, I really get into trouble I guess. Then my Opel Speedster Turbo will have to go as my weekend toy. I own this type 116 for almost 16 years, so lots of memories and lots of mods done to it incl. ProAlloy chargecooling, Tullet exhaust, bigger turbo and so on.

speedy.jpg

My daily is a BMW M2 manual, with two little children I really need the backseats.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Emira next week.

#ForTheUndecided

best regards
Thomas :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hello! I'm already reading several months here on the forum and it's a nice place to be, I like the technical postings, especially from TomE which are always on the point and very helpful.

Next week I will be at the dealer (Sportivo Leipzig) to see the Emira for the first time in real life. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing it in the flesh. I remember seeing the Evora for the first time and it was so much better than on paper. Same I hope with the Emira.

But when it turns out to be that good looking, I really get into trouble I guess. Then my Opel Speedster Turbo will have to go as my weekend toy. I own this type 116 for almost 16 years, so lots of memories and lots of mods done to it incl. ProAlloy chargecooling, Tullet exhaust, bigger turbo and so on.

View attachment 2986

My daily is a BMW M2 manual, with two little children I really need the backseats.

#ForTheUndecided

best regards
Welcome - and that's a great looking car! I had no idea there was an Opel badged version of the VX220 - that shade of green would have looked great on the Emira but I've come to love Dark Verdant and happy with that now.

I think you'll be knocked out when you see the Emira in the flesh, enjoy your viewing!

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 2986

#ForTheUndecided

best regards
Welcome

Now there is a blast from the past, I had that VX220 turbo many moons ago it leaked like a sun of a bitch but boy was it fun to drive. :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome, always good to see more Toms :)

Lovely Speedster, I've not seen one in that colour before - looks excellent. I know a couple of people with VX220s and they've both enjoyed gradually upgrading them. They're now very quick and great on track.

I'm sure you'll love the Emira when you see it. I'm surprised you haven't used the argument of an Evora 2+2 being a sensible family car with 2 children - I did!

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 2986

#ForTheUndecided

best regards
Hi welcome.... what part of Germany are you in

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome - and that's a great looking car! I had no idea there was an Opel badged version of the VX220 - that shade of green would have looked great on the Emira but I've come to love Dark Verdant and happy with that now.

I think you'll be knocked out when you see the Emira in the flesh, enjoy your viewing!
Thank you!

Yes, here in Europe the VX220 was sold as Opel Speedster.

E209DF4B-3402-483B-B843-5FF889886193.jpeg

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome

Now there is a blast from the past, I had that VX220 turbo many moons ago it leaked like a sun of a bitch but boy was it fun to drive. :)
Thanks, yeah it‘s a blast to drive with north of 300bhp and less than 900kg now. Almost too much for the road. Quite special.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome, always good to see more Toms :)

Lovely Speedster, I've not seen one in that colour before - looks excellent. I know a couple of people with VX220s and they've bot enjoyed gradually upgrading them. They're now very quick and great on track.

I'm sure you'll love the Emira when you see it. I'm surprised you haven't used the argument of an Evora 2+2 being a sensible family car with 2 children - I did!
Thanks Tom! To be honest the Evora was not on my shopping list, but I’ve nearly seen all the reviews on YouTube now. Especially the ones from Matt Farah were quite helpful to judge how the Emira will probably feel like. I was looking more into 981 Cayman GT4‘s until the Emira was presented.

My BMW M2 is mineral grey and flies more or less under the radar, driving to the Kindergarten with it is already somewhat special. With an Evora, I guess it was Overkill. 🤪

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For me it would probably be the V6 manual with sport suspension in Hethel yellow, black wheels. The only thing I‘m torn in between is caliper colour. 😂 Either yellow or black.

View attachment 2995
yellow.... dont worry to much about pait matching.... some brake dust on.... you will not notice

krist

Reaction score

View attachment 2986

#ForTheUndecided

best regards
Hi, I will be there Wednesday morning :) Dealer nearest to Poland, that still had a FE allocation.

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, I will be there Wednesday morning :) Dealer nearest to Poland, that still had a FE allocation.
Hi, I will be there on Wednesday afternoon. Hope the show will take place and not be postponed again. :)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, I will be there on Wednesday afternoon. Hope the show will take place and not be postponed again. :)
That show car I guess it's the same that is supposed to arrive in tour beginning of March in Spain.

if they keep postponing because of COVID it might well be that the real car arrives here before the tour car!! 🤣

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome, love the VX/Speedster - nice colour and stance. Having driven around southern and eastern Germany, Im jealous of the possibilities you have for great roads, alternative countries and autobahn on your doorstep if you go for an Emira!

Golfer1971

Reaction score
For me it would probably be the V6 manual with sport suspension in Hethel yellow, black wheels. The only thing I‘m torn in between is caliper colour. 😂 Either yellow or black.

View attachment 2995
Welcome here Tom! Another one from Germany! Fantastic!
And my spec will be the same: Hethel yellow with black rims! Very good choice!
Btw … I ordered red calipers!
Looking forward to have a drive together in Berlin with 2 yellow Emiras! 😎🏁😜