Hello from Germany

Golfer1971

Reaction score
I went to my dealer yesterday to see the blue show Emira in real. We all know, it‘s a pre-production model, but it‘s so fantastic!

I‘m really curious to get mine this year.

Here some pics, we all have seen already:

ECF8ED8A-636F-4ACB-A3DF-0BE5736A2760.jpeg

488060FC-0C02-46D5-9276-4D620CDBF9CE.jpeg

48DD1AB8-2EB9-4535-8BC8-5E3B6663A206.jpeg

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum @TomAce 🍻
Thank you! 🍻

Well, I was at the Emira Road Show on Wednesday.

Ooh my God! :love:

When they reveiled it, I was kind of speechless. Sculptural, three-dimensional. It just works when you see it in the flesh.

Away the doubts, especially the air intakes at the side profile. Which tend to look awkward to me sometimes at videos I had seen in the past.

It is so far away from a Cayman design-wise, so much more sexy. Breathtaking. The front, the back, 3/4 from back, from every angle it works.

All the little details, how they integrated parking sensors in the front (in the air curtain blade) and at the back, just as an example for the love to detail.

Inside the cabin though it was nice, but a kind of letdown in comparison, although I know it is just a pre-series model. There is a lot to improve to this pre-production model. They also told us that there were a lot of 3D printed knobs which would finally look and feel much more classy.

It is rather dark inside, they could have gone with some aluminium paneling to make it more stand out and make it feel "light", as the black nappa leather and alcantara tend to look almost the same when ligthing is low.

Ingress and egress has been much improved, I had the chance on that day to get into an Evora 400 and an older Evora S 350. So I can understand how this evolution has taken place, same with the lever of the six-speed manual. It has been improved from the Evora S 350 to the Evora 400.

All in all, it is a stunning car and I really look forward to driving this "Gesamtkunstwerk" (total art of work) and I hope it won't disappoint as I put down a deposit, now. :)

EC8139A9-2744-4CA6-88EE-172A2F4F9617.jpeg

EB66288C-DE51-4CC1-A160-97C96A08947C.jpeg

D2465FCD-D722-47A2-BE62-AEB7BF55A3D7.jpeg

156C70D9-C632-4B5E-9E3B-7B9DBD01ECF2.jpeg

F045D43E-B4E5-4A41-A517-CAD0379E2670.jpeg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thank you! 🍻

When they reveiled it, I was kind of speechless. Sculptural, three-dimensional. It just works when you see it in the flesh.

Away the doubts, especially the air intakes at the side profile. Which tend to look awkward to me sometimes at videos I had seen in the past.

It is so far away from a Cayman design-wise, so much more sexy. Breathtaking. The front, the back, 3/4 from back, from every angle it works.

All the little details, how they integrated parking sensors in the front (in the air curtain blade) and at the back, just as an example for the love to detail.

Inside the cabin though it was nice, but a kind of letdown in comparison, although I know it is just a pre-series model. There is a lot to improve to this pre-production model. They also told us that there were a lot of 3D printed knobs which would finally look and feel much more classy.

It is rather dark inside, they could have gone with some aluminium paneling to make it more stand out and make it feel "light", as the black nappa leather and alcantara tend to look almost the same when ligthing is low.

Ingress and egress has been much improved, I had the chance on that day to get into an Evora 400 and an older Evora S 350. So I can understand how this evolution has taken place, same with the lever of the six-speed manual. It has been improved from the Evora S 350 to the Evora 400.

All in all, it is a stunning car and I really look forward to driving this "Gesamtkunstwerk" (total art of work) and I hope it won't disappoint as I put down a deposit, now. :)

View attachment 3215

View attachment 3216

View attachment 3217

View attachment 3218

View attachment 3219
Welcome to the exclusive club of those who have experienced the Emira first-hand!

It is not unusual to hear about cars which look okay in photographs but look great in the flesh: "You really have to see it yourself to appreciate it"

It is less usual to have a car like the Emira where almost everyone thinks it a truly great looking car in photographs - and looks even better in the flesh!

The fact that it will also be a compelling driving experience is almost too good to be true. (but I firmly believe it!)

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you! 🍻

View attachment 3215

View attachment 3216

View attachment 3217

View attachment 3218

View attachment 3219
Happy for you. By any chance did Porsche picket the event?

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the exclusive club of those who have experienced the Emira first-hand!

It is not unusual to hear about cars which look okay in photographs but look great in the flesh: "You really have to see it yourself to appreciate it"

It is less usual to have a car like the Emira where almost everyone thinks it a truly great looking car in photographs - and looks even better in the flesh!

The fact that it will also be a compelling driving experience is almost too good to be true. (but I firmly believe it!)

Yes, you're absolutely right!

And I do hope that the Emira will be a visceral experience from the sound to the way it drives because it has to compete against my M2 and my Opel Speedster Turbo which it will replace then. I hope it will be a clear win for the Emira. It just has to make "Click" and I'm sold. Otherwise...

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Happy for you. By any chance did Porsche picket the event?
Thanks!

Well, I think Porsche is on another level. With it's GT-products they can literally sell anything with the letters GT on it. That equals to a sort of arrogance by now which means to me that I can't identify with Porsche and their current owners anymore. And I guess that's also why they probably even didn't notice this event at all.

But I'm fine with this! Because Lotus is #ForTheDrivers not for the ones with the biggest wallets. :)

Nymare

Reaction score
Greetings, from the USA.

I have been lucky enough to visit Germany twice now and I am in love with the country and people. First trip was a week long bus tour, the second a Viking river cruise on the Mosel and Rhine. Poor Lotus Emira is going to feel lonely around all the Porsche 911’s 😳

Nytmare