Handover

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just had a call from the Lotus Customer Contact Centre about handover. They wanted to confirm my preferred Lotus dealer, if I had a part exchange, if I was wanting to put a personalised number plate on the car, and again asked about dealer/factory/home collection point. I have previously been told I am on for a July delivery so clearly something is moving forward.
I asked about factory PPF which influences my collection point and was told that the factory is not offering PPF but would be offering ceramic coating via the dealer. Pricing apparently not available yet. I think most dealers currently have ceramic as a service and probably a local PPF agent too, so I asked her if she could check on the factory position on PPF. She said she would come back to me. I asked when they would be coming back to confirm my order and take some money, and what the deposit/balance situation would be. She said Lotus Finance would be in touch about that.
So still some questions but it does sound like they are gearing up for deliveries soon.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had the same call. I asked about possible further production delays and they are still saying first deliveries in July. I am a tad sceptical about that given that we know from the factory tour reports that the production line has been at a standstill for the last two+ weeks, but fingers crossed. I also asked about possible test drives for early depositors, as my local dealer Parks are not expecting a demo car until late July. Apparently test drive events are still being looked at with further information 'soon', but again I'm not holding my breath as I was told the same thing back in March.

Still, it feels like it is all getting closer, so very exciting :)

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I just had a call from the Lotus Customer Contact Centre about handover. They wanted to confirm my preferred Lotus dealer, if I had a part exchange, if I was wanting to put a personalised number plate on the car, and again asked about dealer/factory/home collection point. I have previously been told I am on for a July delivery so clearly something is moving forward.
I asked about factory PPF which influences my collection point and was told that the factory is not offering PPF but would be offering ceramic coating via the dealer. Pricing apparently not available yet. I think most dealers currently have ceramic as a service and probably a local PPF agent too, so I asked her if she could check on the factory position on PPF. She said she would come back to me. I asked when they would be coming back to confirm my order and take some money, and what the deposit/balance situation would be. She said Lotus Finance would be in touch about that.
So still some questions but it does sound like they are gearing up for deliveries soon.
Isnt this the same contents of the call us early adopters had some months back for a June/July delivery?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes. I asked why. Basically due to the delay they are doing the same exercise
So if you have home delivery the 14 day distance selling law applies but i wonder what happens if you collect from an agent who hasn't transacted the money with you?

I wish they would explain the process of receiving a car directly or through a dealer - do you get any handover from each of the two options.

In all my time you have had to collect the car from the dealer who has transacted the money.

OP
Pugwash

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Isnt this the same contents of the call us early adopters had some months back for a June/July delivery?
Yes, I had that call too. The only new info they I think they asked in this one was about the personalised plate and also to confirm my preferred dealer (which I am pretty sure they should know as I originally gave my deposit to the dealer). However they had assumed another dealer who I am marginally physically closer to so I had to correct them on that. Felt like they were now wanting to firm up on what they had from some months ago and to lay the ground for “Lotus Finance” to be in contact.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I constantly and consistantly hear the term "collected" when I watch youtube videos of people in the UK receiving their cars.

Here in America (USA) we use the word "delivery"

this "handover" is probably the most accurate and representative of receiving or taking possession of a new car.

I mean.....who is really "collecting" their car at pick up ?

and taking "delivery" would mean more like they come to your home to deliver it which like a package from amazon which never happens.

So, you don't go to the dealer to "collect' your car ,in the UK and you don't really take "delivery" either here in the US.

the friggen car is handed over !! , exactly as you say ....