Emira Handover Issue

PeteH

Reaction score
I have been informed today by Lotus Customer Service that my Emira was shipped from the Factory in Hethel on the 31st Aug. As of today it has not arrived at the Lotus dealership. Has anyone experienced this type of delay in delivery of your car?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been informed today by Lotus Customer Service that my Emira was shipped from the Factory in Hethel on the 31st Aug. As of today it has not arrived at the Lotus dealership. Has anyone experienced this type of delay in delivery of your car?

That's like a 3.5 hour drive from Hethel to Hampshire, no? Why would it possibly take 15 days? There certainly seems to be some miscommunication between CS and HQ. I'd be demanding some answers from your dealer for sure!

OP
P

PeteH

Reaction score
That's like a 3.5 hour drive from Hethel to Hampshire, no? Why would it possibly take 15 days? There certainly seems to be some miscommunication between CS and HQ. I'd be demanding some answers from your dealer for sure!
My thoughts exactly. Have made my request for full explanation covering:

1) why Lotus were unaware that the car had not be delivered
2) where has the car been for the last two weeks
3) what is the rationale for the delay

They are contacting the transportation firm BCA to establish what has gone on here. I expect a call Monday.

Rainier

Reaction score
Do not worry. The delivery team are diligently working on your car...:)

1694855844869.jpeg

Griggsy

Reaction score
Sounds familiar. I requested home delivery, but on the morning of delivery was told there had been a mix up and my car was sat in the car park at Hethel. Lotus ended up hiring me a car until they could carry out the PDI and deliver the car about a week later.

OP
P

PeteH

Reaction score
Sounds familiar. I requested home delivery, but on the morning of delivery was told there had been a mix up and my car was sat in the car park at Hethel. Lotus ended up hiring me a car until they could carry out the PDI and deliver the car about a week later.
Car has now been delivered to local Lotus dealer so all good 👍

OP
P

PeteH

Reaction score
So... Where was it?
I visited the Lotus dealer site on Saturday and they thought the car was in their holding facility awaiting PDI - this was confirmed yesterday