V6 v i4 - 3 year servicing cost.

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure if this has been highlighted before, but thought I'd post for any future i4 owners:-

Went through the Checkout process today and when browsing the 'Enhance & Protect' options noticed quite a big difference in the cost Lotus are quoting for the 3 year servicing option!

V6 - £ 1,439.00

i4 - £ 2,699.00

That's quite a difference!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure if this has been highlighted before, but thought I'd post for any future i4 owners:-

Went through the Checkout process today and when browsing the 'Enhance & Protect' options noticed quite a big difference in the cost Lotus are quoting for the 3 year servicing option!

V6 - £ 1,439.00

i4 - £ 2,699.00

Oof... but not that surprising when you think about the differences in parts cost and complexity between the Toyota drivetrain and the Mercedes AMG one.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oof... but not that surprising when you think about the differences in parts cost and complexity between the Toyota drivetrain and the Mercedes AMG one.
I suspect this ratio might become even more pronounced once we start to see out of warranty repairs!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't really know what really needs to be done within 3 years except for the usual oil, filter, and brake fluid changes.

DJManc

Reaction score

V6 - £ 1,439.00

i4 - £ 2,699.00

There must be some sort of error here. My C63s AMG V8 cost £1530 for three years servicing with Mercedes AMG! WTF LOTUS!

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There must be some sort of error here. My C63s AMG V8 cost £1530 for three years servicing with Mercedes AMG! WTF LOTUS!
You're right. I was only considering the differential. These numbers seem crazy high. Audi charge £30 per month for my RS3. Assuming annual servicing then Lotus want an average of £900 per service! Can't be right.

Edit - found these for the V6 and they seem reasonable...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It would be interesting to see what the AMG service costs are on the A45/A45S for comparison.

It surprised me when Lotus announced the V6 Emira service costs, as they are up significantly on the Evora GT410, which is essentially the same drivetrain and hence the same oil, plugs, filters etc. £1,160 for Evora versus £1,540 for Emira seems hard to justify.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Those are the current servicing costs for both models. Evora GT410 list price was higher than Emira V6.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what the AMG service costs are on the A45/A45S for comparison.

It surprised me when Lotus announced the V6 Emira service costs, as they are up significantly on the Evora GT410, which is essentially the same drivetrain and hence the same oil, plugs, filters etc. £1,160 for Evora versus £1,540 for Emira seems hard to justify.

A45 is £63 a month for 36 months (£2268) for complete care or £44 a month for Service care (£1584)

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Part of the “Transition from Sports Car Company to Premium Lifestyle Brand”
(I think I’ve got the quote correct - check with the marketing department)

All those interpretative dancers don’t come cheap you know.

Mark.

Reaction score
My Emira dream dies a little bit more with this news. How they hell can they justify those levels of service cost on a modern car?

DJManc

Reaction score
My Emira dream dies a little bit more with this news. How they hell can they justify those levels of service cost on a modern car?
Agreed! It seems that those of us that are hanging on in there, no sooner get over one huge disappointment of some sort, then another one rears its ugly head to keep on crushing the dream! There is NO justification for these exorbitant service costs over that of an A45s, other than the time it takes for a technician to remove/replace the under trays to access the engine. There is only so much people will take of this nonsense, especially in these current economic times! Another nail for the coffin?

Reactions: Fil

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lol you guys are incredible. The dealer required oil changes for my Acura TLX (Honda, 4cyl) cost $450 each. For a 10 minute oil change. And I can't even be sure of the quality of oil they use. The whole industry is a goddamn racket now.

I'll be doing my own service.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those are the current servicing costs for both models. Evora GT410 list price was higher than Emira V6.
Does the Emira have the baffled oil pan like the Evora GT? The rubber flaps have to be replaced at 2 years, I believe. Could be one reason it seems high.

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't really know what really needs to be done within 3 years except for the usual oil, filter, and brake fluid changes.

I'm going to guess that since its a Turbocharged engine, AMG required Spark Plug Change at 30K miles.

DJManc

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that since its a Turbocharged engine, AMG required Spark Plug Change at 30K miles.
Changing 4 spark plugs still does not warrant a £2699 charge for a three year service plan in the UK! It would be interesting to find out what the charges are for 3 year service plans in Europe, USA and Australia.

MoBoost

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does the Emira have the baffled oil pan like the Evora GT? The rubber flaps have to be replaced at 2 years, I believe. Could be one reason it seems high.
I was told the Emira oil pan does not have the Evora GT baffles.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 23

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Changing 4 spark plugs still does not warrant a £2699 charge for a three year service plan in the UK! It would be interesting to find out what the charges are for 3 year service plans in Europe, USA and Australia.

I read the post as £2699 charge for all three year combined. Not just for year 3 alone. Can the OP, please clarify.

I would not be surprised if a Spark Plug change alone on the AMG engine cost £700...... Some of these components are so buried under other items that it takes several hours just to remove all the stuff to reach them....

Still, I agree that it is expensive. And why it pays to do some of your own service - like simple Oil/Filter changes....

Reactions: Fil

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not weighing in on whether prices are justifiable overall, but it wouldn't shock me if a DCT fluid change was part of that. That, plus the extra faff of getting access to the serviceable parts on a mid-engine configuration... 🤷‍♂️