Maintenance question - servicing in El Paso TX

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I am US buyer and recently moved to El Paso Texas from Naples FL area. The closest dealer is about 8 hours away now. I went with the v6 FE as many of you noted it's the more known engine and should have less issues. I just don't know how feasible it will be to take the car in for maintenance? I previously had a 911 and rarely ever took it to a porsche dealer as so many local shops were amazing at working on it. However I know lotus is unique and different. Do you think a nice foreign car shop would be able to handle it? I'm assuming the engine work should be easy being a v6 toyota engine but I'm more worried about electrical issues and any possible exterior issues like paint or mechanical.

Regardless I think I'm still going to buy the car as I've mentioned nothing else catches my eye like the Emira. However am I going to be in trouble with issues? Anyone have any similar scenarios with maybe an Evora or Elise?

My question would be could a local Toyota dealer do routine maintenance on it?

I almost want to say there are forum members from El Paso. Maybe change the title of this thread to include El Paso TX and they could respond.

I'm from Santa Fe and my closest dealer is Denver, 5 1/2 hours away. There's a good local european service place that is happy to work on it.
There used to be a Lotus dealer in Albuquerque, 1h away, but not currently.

I have this concern as well, but there's a bigger part of me that just doesn't care at the moment and wants the car.
I put in my deposit august 2021 but it seems like I'll still have a while to think about it!

I'm from Santa Fe and my closest dealer is Denver, 5 1/2 hours away. There's a good local european service place that is happy to work on it.
There used to be a Lotus dealer in Albuquerque, 1h away, but not currently.

I have this concern as well, but there's a bigger part of me that just doesn't care at the moment and wants the car.
I put in my deposit august 2021 but it seems like I'll still have a while to think about it!
Okay that makes me a feel a bit better. I'm in the same boat, I want it regardless lol but it is a concern. I'm hoping some local shops or even a few hours away could handle the vast majority of repairs. I am just concerned with it being a lotus and as we know there isn't many on the road even evoras and older models are extremely rare. With a jag, BMW, porsche etc I have no problem dropping it off to a local reputable foreign shop as these guys have worked on those types of cars for years, so I feel confident. 🤞 lotus built a reliable machine

I have not owned the Evora but as the Emira shares a good portion of the same hardware, what has been folk’s experience with durability and reliability? any surprises, items go out you wouldn’t expect or early failures? Later models of the Evora had a good bit of kinks worked out I’m told.