Guesses on headlight cost?

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We know in the US we’ll be getting the headlights with the orange reflector in them. After seeing the European spec headlights at the factory, I have a feeling I’ll be trying to swap to the European spec as soon as I can get my hands on a set (though given current timelines that may be never). What do you guys think the cost on a pair of headlight assemblies will be?

Also while at the factory I noticed that both the Head and taillights were pre installed to the fenders when going onto the car, is it safe to assume fender removal would be required to swap them?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
$4k, perhaps a touch higher. This is based on the cost of an Evora light.
Wow, they were expensive. Given they're not LED I suspect the Emira headlights will cost even more.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the UK the Evora headlight units are £1500 each.

I nearly had to replace mine due to a failed indicator LED, but my local auto electrician managed to split the sealed unit, repair the LED and re-seal it for £150.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We know in the US we’ll be getting the headlights with the orange reflector in them. After seeing the European spec headlights at the factory, I have a feeling I’ll be trying to swap to the European spec as soon as I can get my hands on a set (though given current timelines that may be never). What do you guys think the cost on a pair of headlight assemblies will be?

Also while at the factory I noticed that both the Head and taillights were pre installed to the fenders when going onto the car, is it safe to assume fender removal would be required to swap them?

A couple grand at least. If it bothers you that much it can easily be covered with a custom strip of black vinyl like this for ~$10. Not the classiest of fixes, but should suffice until a clean set of aftermarket or oem take offs become available.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think your solution is a good idea, but I fear that the amber piece is deeper in the casing (can’t recall exactly, there is a photo on another thread I’d need to find). So if I’m right, there may be certain angles you could still see the amber e.g. from above.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think your solution is a good idea, but I fear that the amber piece is deeper in the casing (can’t recall exactly, there is a photo on another thread I’d need to find). So if I’m right, there may be certain angles you could still see the amber e.g. from above.

It's not too deep, but I hear you. I can't find a US spec closeup, but these show where the lens sits.

1400x0_1_q95_autohomecar__ChxkmmGLBI2AL81HAB4lB7zS_ts672.jpg

20220513-IMG_3377-HDR.jpg

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve amber hatred, so I’m with VL3X. Thanks for the tip. Great idea. And certainly not spending 4k on this!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I expect those headlight units to be at least $2k each.

I think the amber lenses in the front are going to look just fine. They'll provide some interesting color detail contrast, especially on the darker colors like Dark Verdant and Shadow Gray. They should have an interesting look in the evening when the lights are on.

PHOTO-2022-04-28-22-52-34 copy.jpg

PHOTO-2022-04-28-22-52-34 2 copy.jpg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
isnt that called wrapping.. haha

The vinyl on the headlights is a pretty clean idea and completely reversible. Most wouldn't even notice a difference unless they're Emira obsessed (like us).

I actually used some black vinyl on my wife's GLI to transform her stock wheels. I think it looks nicer and they've held up great so far for over a year and multiple foam cannon/pressure washes. Including living outside the garage and through the winter snow/salt.

20210904_112242.jpg

OP
S

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
IIRC I paid ~$3.5k for euro headlights for my b5 s4 back in the day, so 4k wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm just anal and once I get something into my head with regards to cars and modding, it tends to live there rent free until I address it. Would love to see how vinyl options come out

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone have part number for non-uk emira headlights , possibly Middle East , China ?

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Bell and Colvill can get the EU spec lights. They told me they are £1901.53 each. That’s close to 5k USD!

Maybe they can be found cheaper from a supplier not in the UK, but still I’d expect them to be $4k +

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Found the answer to my question.

In the United States, amber front and red rear side marker lamps and retroreflectors are required. The law initially required lights *or* retroreflectors on vehicles manufactured after 1 January 1968. This was amended to require lights *and* retroreflectors on vehicles manufactured after 1 January 1970. These side-facing devices make the vehicle's presence, position and direction of travel clearly visible from oblique angles.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order