Further delays?

Madog30

Reaction score
Just received an update on what was meant to be December build/January delivery :-

——————
Unfortunately we have fallen behind ever so slightly with production and the latest information shows that your Production will begin in February with a March delivery.
This does mean the vehicle will be registered as a 2023 plate car.

We apologise for the further delay in your production timeline.
——————-
Anyone else been impacted at this late stage?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Just had similar via a call from LCC. Was December, now January production Feb delivery, so they must be a fair way off their December Schedule. Not that bothered this time of year, March would be fine.

emiralust

Reaction score
I went on the live chat... how naive of me and they were adamant they have not got further delays and that my car is still due in January. At this point though I believe you guys over them so I'll wait for my delay email...again

7th July 21 deposit

OP
M

Madog30

Reaction score
I went on the live chat... how naive of me and they were adamant they have not got further delays and that my car is still due in January. At this point though I believe you guys over them so I'll wait for my delay email...again

7th July 21 deposit
My deposit was also 7th July 21.

It doesn't particularly bother me having the car in March as opposed to January but surprised that the shift has come so late into December with, realistically, just 8 working days to go. Makes me wonder how many will be delivered between now and March.

Hopefully Harry will cheer us up with his next video release.........

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That doesn't bode well for my January build February delivery, but on the other hand I'm so bothered if it is delayed a bit to the better weather!! I was 8th July deposit

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My deposit was 7ht July 10.30 am with January delivery... no email yet on delay.

Edit 20th December - Received check out email today at 5pm

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
oh dear...
still there will be a big ramp up in Jan/Feb, so I dont think there should be too many down the line knock on delays....
Can they still be having parts issues, or is it now quality????
We will never know....... I dont think other companies are having similar issues, with delays on top of delays, but they were not in new factories, well Porsche did go to a new site I believe, but they also use external factories to make their cars, a whole different level which we can only dream of getting to for the moment and in reality never in the UK, only in China.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
oh dear...
still there will be a big ramp up in Jan/Feb, so I dont think there should be too many down the line knock on delays....
We will never know....... I dont think other companies are having similar issues, with delays on top of delays, but they were not in new factories, well Porsche did go to a new site I believe, but they also use external factories to make their cars, a whole different level which we can only dream of getting to for the moment and in reality never in the UK, only in China.
I was in touch with LCS this week, in respect to my car delivery, trying to improve from April build to earlier. Ha ha. Fat chance!!! Their response was:

The delays we are experiencing are due to part shortages and supply issues. Factory have reviewed the production numbers several times and shrank it’s capacity to reflect more realistic delivery estimations, accommodating the part supply that we have. With that being said, the new delivery estimations are more accurate, and we are likely to achieve these estimations, given that there aren’t further supply issues.

So I guess that and the issue they have with other markets - North America campaign, earmarked for the new year, as our colonial cousins are expecting their cars from March onwards. UK market will suffer to appease this important market for them.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
still there will be a big ramp up in Jan/Feb
That was the belief by Lotus. Hopefully, it remains the case but, as always, there are several factors that can change things at any given moment.

This has been a stressful few months for us all, especially Lotus.
One thing we can absolutely be sure of is that they are even keener than us to give us our cars.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That was the belief by Lotus. Hopefully, it remains the case but, as always, there are several factors that can change things at any given moment.

This has been a stressful few months for us all, especially Lotus.
One thing we can absolutely be sure of is that they are even keener than us to give us our cars.
The news is littered with the rampant Covid cases in China now that they have reduced draconian lock downs in many areas.

I wonder whether this will effect the supply of parts going forward, in any way, it could be that Lotus are not out of the woods yet in respect to supply issues.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, yeah. That is one example.
It could be that the Emira remains like gold dust for more months than we thought.
Only Lotus HQ knows how many parts they have got to fulfil X amount of orders, before new parts arrive.

I am hoping car workers don't catch this new Strike Fever going around! 🥴

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine is also a Dec. build, I’ll ask the dealer in a couple of days if there is any update on the car, hopefully there is only good news but I’ll update as well regarding the EU market :)

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Recent cold snap is also possibly contributing to supply chain delivery hardship... frosty roads/rails/runways are well known to bring Mighty Britain to a standstill 🤦‍♂️ :)

Max

Reaction score
oh dear...
Actually, I've seen reports of continuing delays for some models due to supply chain issues. It seems when one issue gets buttoned up, another one comes along. And they're usually SINGLE items that prevent release to a customer. Very frustrating.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just received an update on what was meant to be December build/January delivery :-

——————
Unfortunately we have fallen behind ever so slightly with production and the latest information shows that your Production will begin in February with a March delivery.

——————-

“Dear madog30,

We regret to inform you our planning team have been high on crack for 6 months.

We further regret to inform you our crack supplier has been hit by covid related issues and the team are now unable to perform even to their previous low bar.

May we take this opportunity to wish you a merry Xmas and we’ll see you in rehab.

Regards,

Matt.

I’m troubled by further delays as I wasn’t sure whether to go ahead or not… I’m daily flip flopping between in and out.,, sounds like more time now for over analysing the whole thing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

——————

——————-
We have fallen behind ever so slightly LOOOOOOL 2 fucking months.....

Lotus just go on your Christmas holidays and when you get back in 2023 pull your fingers out FFS.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Love the sweetener.

EEk, I wonder if I will get this. I did get my check out email so maybe okay.
I was just thinking the same.
I had my checkout this week which i completed immediately,would not be happy with an email saying its delayed.

Although,theoretically why are we getting a checkout email.if not complete....

But theoretical and Lotus do not fit well together....

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if this is going to push the January production/March deliveries to further out for us in the USA.