First viewing at Bell & Covill

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
Waiting patiently outside. Got a sneak peak of the blue as I arrived - looks stunning.
ED1B3B17-1C62-4497-AA43-2F1316FBCD83.jpeg

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can someone post a photo under the car please? And suspensions! And better picture of the space behind seats

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Waiting patiently outside. Got a sneak peak of the blue as I arrived - looks stunning.View attachment 460
I was there also. My first time seeing the car in the flesh.
It is stunning.
Things I have noted are, less room behind the seats than the Evora. This is a good thing for me - more room in the cabin.
Easier to get in and out of the car, I feel this was because the sills are lower than the Evora.
Build quality inside is really good. A very nice place to be!
Had a good look at the green (that I've configured), and it looks darker than I expected, but again, that's not a bad thing, I'm happy with that.
Boot space was impossible to see as it's packed full of batteries - A Lotus rep explained the space that would be there, and I see it as equivilent to the Evora boot, so happy there.
I'm very happy overall!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was there also. My first time seeing the car in the flesh.
It is stunning.
Things I have noted are, less room behind the seats than the Evora. This is a good thing for me - more room in the cabin.
Easier to get in and out of the car, I feel this was because the sills are lower than the Evora.
Build quality inside is really good. A very nice place to be!
Had a good look at the green (that I've configured), and it looks darker than I expected, but again, that's not a bad thing, I'm happy with that.
Boot space was impossible to see as it's packed full of batteries - A Lotus rep explained the space that would be there, and I see it as equivilent to the Evora boot, so happy there.
I'm very happy overall!
Great info, including the practicalities, i imagine you are buzzing as i am excited just reading it?!

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for sharing some pictures, looks as good as the media stuff and that green is dark isn't it. We were thinking of going with that so will be interesting to see the swatch in the flesh and if it changes our decision.
We are booked in for the 13th of October so not too long to go.

OP
T

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
I picked up two bits of additional information for the reps there:
1) expectation is that we will be able to spec the TDC stripe on the steering wheel on FEs.
2) i4 FE is expected to be priced at £75k on the road.

JAY

Reaction score
Very exciting. Seems like forever till we will see it in Canada. Keep the great updates coming!!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I picked up two bits of additional information for the reps there:
1) expectation is that we will be able to spec the TDC stripe on the steering wheel on FEs.
2) i4 FE is expected to be priced at £75k on the road.
Thanks for the info, £75k OTR seems higher than most people expected for the i4. As that's roughly £74k without OTR costs (delivery, plates and Year 1 Road fund license) that is only £2k less than the V6. Does the ever knowledgeable @TomE have a view on that?

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing some pictures, looks as good as the media stuff and that green is dark isn't it. We were thinking of going with that so will be interesting to see the swatch in the flesh and if it changes our decision.
We are booked in for the 13th of October so not too long to go.
Take the swatch outside for a good look in the light!

AlexB

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, £75k OTR seems higher than most people expected for the i4. As that's roughly £74k without OTR costs (delivery, plates and Year 1 Road fund license) that is only £2k less than the V6. Does the ever knowledgeable @TomE have a view on that?
It would make it £2k less than the manual V6 but that's not comparing like for like because of the DCT. A fairer comparison would be against the auto V6 and the i4 is £4K less than that. Given the i4's DCT transmission is more advanced it's probably about right I think. Don't get me wrong I would rather it was less!

AlexB

Reaction score
If that is true then it also means at £74k they are pricing the FE options list at a £14k premium over the £60k base model cost....

• Sad
Reactions: DJW