Some (nerdy) details from Shanghai showroom viewing

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I went to Shanghai showroom days before and snapped some pictures. As the usual beauty shots are pretty common already I will only share some details I find interesting. Enjoy!;)

First sight, Pretty!
DSC_1579.jpg

Wheels are indeed matte, wheels displayed on walls are glossy and not as attractive (at least to my eyes). Let's hope these are the final production specs!'
Also the brake discs are floating via connecting rods radially, which I have never seen before.
DSC_1580.JPG

The bulge that caused quite a stir on this forum, this is the side view. I'm pretty convinced it's a plate holder, at least for the Chinese market.
DSC_1583.jpg

Slice openning on the bonnet, let's hope it won't trap road debris and rotten leaves!
DSC_1584.jpg

It's hard to see here but between blue covering pannel and black side skirt there is a air channel directing air into rear wheel archs, presumeably for brake cooling, neat!
DSC_1587.jpg

Main air intake are splitted in two. Outer one are the air curtain for rear wheel. Inner one are for engine cooling and air intake.
DSC_1589.jpg

Rear vent is indeed real, you can barely see the rear tire from this angle. Similar to that of Evora. I fear this is the part that would receive most stone chips, need clear bra!
DSC_1591.jpg

Rear camera and rear plate holder. Also some vent underneath the car.
DSC_1593.jpg

Doors open quite wide, easier to enter than before.
DSC_1598.jpg

Complicated layers between body and outer shell and stuff in between(?).
DSC_1601.jpg

Last edited:

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great pics, thanks. Wonder how long it will be before carbon versions of the vents become available. The black shiny plastic was pretty much the only thing that irked me when I saw the car at Goodwood and then at the B&C evening. It seems to be a trend on recent cars (we have an ID3 and that's covered in it outside and in.) Lower black pack calls for much PPF methinks!

Did you get any shots of the yellow car? Would make us committed yellow people very happy.

Brake nerd info: they remind me of the Brembo floating discs on my track bike.

OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Black door sills are quite sunken compared to upper body shell. It also appears quit easy to get scratched, more clear bra needed!
DSC_1602.jpg

I don't know if this is the final seat (early reviews suggest seats are high but not final).Already at lowest position this doesn't look low at all to me. At least another 10cm can be salvaged when I change them for a pair of recaro RS-Gs. It's a shame FEs don't come with factory bucket seats options!
DSC_1603.jpg

Don't know if the pedals are those intricate billet aluminum pieces on exiges. Comming from BMWs I really miss those floor mounted gas pedals...
DSC_1619.jpg

EIMIRA logos everywhere, even on air-con vents!
DSC_1621.jpg

Was hoping rear space would at least of some use in short distance for skinny people transportation. Nope.
DSC_1625.jpg

Show car has at leat 5mm spacers on each corner. Here you can see the floating disc rods more clearly.
DSC_1632.jpg

That's it for now. Yellow car came in right after I left so no photos on that one.:(

Attachments

• DSC_1620.jpg
    DSC_1620.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 214
OP
A

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great pics, thanks. Wonder how long it will be before carbon versions of the vents become available. The black shiny plastic was pretty much the only thing that irked me when I saw the car at Goodwood and then at the B&C evening. It seems to be a trend on recent cars (we have an ID3 and that's covered in it outside and in.) Lower black pack calls for much PPF methinks!

Did you get any shots of the yellow car? Would make us committed yellow people very happy.

If those are carbon bits then instant PPF is a must! Black pack parts are all easily scratched including the roof. Show car shows quite a bit already.:( Yellow car came right after I left but do some search you can see quite a lot good quality pics already!

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Yes PPF on the lower black pack!!!!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1645691432622.png

This looks as tacky as the tour model I saw.

This was my first concern when I saw the car in person-would this improve on the production version,because again here this looks cheap and tacky.

Does any of the 4 that went to the factory have any comments on this quality from what you saw in the production models?

Had it improved?

2001f4s

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed photos. Really helpful to see the specifics and get your insight.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bear in mind it’s a show car, so some of those details aren’t the final production version. A lot of it is visually correct but for example some finishes aren’t the correct ones.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
be advised this could be the battery powered mule they use for shows.

One in Seneca went round all the stealers in the UK

THE SEATS WERE F*CKING MINGING

And I mean cancel your order minging, like sat in an MGF (thats the worst insult I could come up with) truly SH!TE

Too high too wide

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
be advised this could be the battery powered mule they use for shows.

One in Seneca went round all the stealers in the UK

THE SEATS WERE F*CKING MINGING

And I mean cancel your order minging, like sat in an MGF (thats the worst insult I could come up with) truly SH!TE

Too high too wide
I believe they were going to address the seats for production versions. Anyone care to confirm?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Much better seats in the press cars, as seen and sat in by many at Goodwood. I was passenger in one up the hill and it was fine under heavy acceleration, cornering and braking. These were the last pre-production iteration and the production seats had one further set of revisions.

IMG_9827.JPG

IMG_9763.JPG
IMG_9762.JPG

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe they were going to address the seats for production versions. Anyone care to confirm?
I moaned at CS last year straight after the dealer visit and Scott Walker replied personally saying not to worry the Production seats are nothing like the 'model'

To my mind it was a huge mistake to let it out of the factory with those seats installed they were terrible