• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First viewing at Bell & Covill

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There was some talk in the forum that the different suspension setups could have different ride heights. So my understanding is that this is a final car? Is it touring or sport and is there any answer to the question of what will the ride heights be? A big wheel gap on touring would automatically put me into the sport as I won't be interested in fiddling with the suspension to lower it.

That Emira looks amazing. Great picture.

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The stance and ride height of this blue one was noticeably different to the dark grey one which is a driving car. It was also noticed that this blue one is fitted with substantial spacers, too which the driving version isn't. I think Lotus have fiddled with this blue one to make it more "visually appealing"...

When looking at the configurator it says that the Sports chassis (as opposed to the Touring) only "stiffens" the suspension, and makes no mention of ride height.

It would be good to get to the bottom of this!

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these pics !!

Was there a rep from Lotus to answer questions, like about ride height or other features ?

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The stance and ride height of this blue one was noticeably different to the dark grey one which is a driving car. It was also noticed that this blue one is fitted with substantial spacers, too which the driving version isn't. I think Lotus have fiddled with this blue one to make it more "visually appealing"...

When looking at the configurator it says that the Sports chassis (as opposed to the Touring) only "stiffens" the suspension, and makes no mention of ride height.

It would be good to get to the bottom of this!
I would agree. The stance of the blue show car is nice, but unlikely to represent the production version. For one, the lower height will be a PITA on UK roads.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
That will not be a factory setting for touring or sport, it's simply for drama. I'd suggest the one Jenson Button drove is the touring, question is will the sporting one be any lower or simply setup stiffer? (perhaps a little of both), the Lotus guys and gals at the roadshow should absolutely know this. The 10 spoke do nothing for me personally, but the blue roadshow wheels on the touring height may look ok as they appear to make the side wall seem narrower, which always looks better and could mitigate the touring height (which is not that bad really).

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That will not be a factory setting for touring or sport, it's simply for drama. I'd suggest the one Jenson Button drove is the touring, question is will the sporting one be any lower or simply setup stiffer? (perhaps a little of both), the Lotus guys and gals at the roadshow should absolutely know this. The 10 spoke do nothing for me personally, but the blue roadshow wheels on the touring height may look ok as they appear to make the side wall seem narrower, which always looks better and could mitigate the touring height (which is not that bad really).

I dunno, seems like the evora gt has similar wheel gap to the blue emira, so I'm hoping it's not far off the production height.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm booked in at B&C tomorrow evening, but now facing the stark reality that I might not be able to go. There has been no petrol whatsoever in Bromley - I wish I'd been able to find a queue to join; everywhere is empty and shut. I wasted half of what I had left in our family car today looking. I don't have nearly enough in any of my cars to make it there and back, and other things have to take priority with the 40ish miles range I have left between two cars...

Stormcloud

Reaction score
I'm booked in at B&C tomorrow evening, but now facing the stark reality that I might not be able to go. There has been no petrol whatsoever in Bromley - I wish I'd been able to find a queue to join; everywhere is empty and shut. I wasted half of what I had left in our family car today looking. I don't have nearly enough in any of my cars to make it there and back, and other things have to take priority with the 40ish miles range I have left between two cars...
Only large supermarkets seem to have supply, don't bother with BP, Esso, Texaco etc. Hope you manage to sort something!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sheng Yue Gui is the CEO of Geely. He would, you hope, know everything. TomE knows everything it seems. My Cluedo logic says TomE actually Sheng Yue Gui!
I'm at the B&C event tomorrow, so those of you also going to be there will be able to gauge the accuracy of this. Or will I be in disguise....?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the info, £75k OTR seems higher than most people expected for the i4. As that's roughly £74k without OTR costs (delivery, plates and Year 1 Road fund license) that is only £2k less than the V6. Does the ever knowledgeable @TomE have a view on that?
I don't have any inside info on the i4 FE price but I have my own hunch at £71-73k. I was told by Lotus senior staff at Goodwood the FE would be a bundle of £15-18k of options discounted to £12-15k. So if the V6 FE is £76k that would make the base V6 £61-64k.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I hope you get sorted, that would be a real shame - worth trying for a taxi or uber? Kindly friend with a full tank? I'd cycle that distance if it was the only way to get there - I also believe the Proclaimers would walk 500 miles!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Going to have to drive my i3 to its range limit tomorrow to get to B&C, not enough petrol in my petrol car and can't seem to get any. Even called B&C and asked if they don't mind I plug it in when I get there to improve my odds of getting home!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for all the pics and info .. we get to see the car tmrw at B&C. I was quite excited until reading the potential £75k figure for the i4 FE! Add the Black pack, steering wheel and tracker and it’s heading further north! It could price a few out of budget, me included. Would be interested to know the emission figures for the i4 too as this will have a bearing on the horrendous car tax upon registration. (Adds nearly another £2k to the v6 price 😳)
Lotus said the target for i4 emissions was below 180g/km

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Going to have to drive my i3 to its range limit tomorrow to get to B&C, not enough petrol in my petrol car and can't seem to get any. Even called B&C and asked if they don't mind I plug it in when I get there to improve my odds of getting home!
So lights off, heater off, radio off, everything off bar the engine! B&C will surely grant your plug-in request given the future direction of Lotus!

Singularity

Reaction score
Friday 15th can't wait!!!
Hi,

Many thanks to TrickeeKiYay for posting the pictures - seeing the photos of the samples has really thrown the cat among the pigeons! Definitively will have to wait to see them for real now.

@eclat2emira, I’m going to Hamilton on the 15th as well, got the early evening slot booked, maybe see you there? The wait over the next two+ weeks is going to be tough and the wait thereafter even tougher! :oops: