First Emira I4 review on Hethel test track (partially in English) and Goodwood on board footage of I4

Reaction score
First I4 on track review by chinese vlogger EZ Garage. On track part is in English.

And Goodwood I4 onboard full footage

Attachments

• Camera_xhs_1690565426658.mp4
    6.6 MB

CraigO

Reaction score
First I4 on track review by chinese vlogger EZ Garage. On track part is in English.

And Goodwood I4 onboard full footage
View attachment 29559
I have to say, it sounds very good on the track.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I expected the shifts to be quicker than my V6 Auto but this evidence says otherwise.......

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's a "local" copy of the Hethel track video in case anyone's having trouble playing it directly from the Chinese site - full credit to EZgarage and billibilli....

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's a "local" copy of the Hethel track video in case anyone's having trouble playing it directly from the Chinese site - full credit to EZgarage and billibilli....

View attachment 29598
Hi JimH: Unfortunately your “local copy” does not play, and it is grayed out (see attached photo). Are there any changes to the upload format that you could try? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8463.jpeg
    IMG_8463.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 28

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi JimH: Unfortunately your “local copy” does not play, and it is grayed out (see attached photo). Are there any changes to the upload format that you could try? Thank you!
It’s a standard .mp4 video - it plays fine in Chrome on Windows 11 but I agree it won’t play on iOS……

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmm…

Unless I missed it, there were no i4 runs up the hill at Goodwood.
Only a car on the stand, with just a V6 doing runs.

There was a video of a grey car that the on-course commentators described as a i4, but was actually obviously a V6 as you could see the supercharger bleed valve.

🤔

Mark.

Reaction score
Hmm…

Unless I missed it, there were no i4 runs up the hill at Goodwood.
Only a car on the stand, with just a V6 doing runs.

There was a video of a grey car that the on-course commentators described as a i4, but was actually obviously a V6 as you could see the supercharger bleed valve.

🤔

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a standard .mp4 video - it plays fine in Chrome on Windows 11 but I agree it won’t play on iOS……
Thanks for the tip, JimH. I installed Google Chrome on my MAC STUDIO stationary computer, and it plays the Chinese bilibili - dot - com videos without problems. Your “local copy” also plays fine on the Chrome browser as installed on (stationary) MAC.

Another brief comment on the Chinese videos that I have already (separately on another thread) commented on the Lotus of Naples (Florida, USA) video from Goodwood, that is also posted in the original post on this thread, without credit to Lotus of Naples, is that the engine sound recorded from INSIDE while driving is quite loud. Other videos that have recorded the engine sound as heard OUTSIDE the car sound quite the opposite with a muted sound. This gives me the impression that the EMIRA i4 may have equipment that ENHANCES the sound inside the car⁉️ I have also placed my order for the I4 (since summer 2021, and confirmed and paid 10% of full value in April 2022), so I am worried if the car EXTERNALLY emits sound only on par with an A45S AMG 2 liter turbo, but has ENHANCED sound for “driver’s and passenger’s pleasure” INSIDE the car⁉️ I get the impression that the Chinese bilibili channel staff and video editors are very careful not to record (and show) the i4 sound from OUTSIDE the car, because I think this sound will be far less impressive.

Last edited:

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thoughts on the mystery machine behind the Evija at 2min 38s in the I4 video? Looks like disguising bodywork...
1AE351C6-D6BC-4E3C-9E06-50312A9E7154.png

OP
T
Reaction score
I found two new footage which captured the sound from the exterior.

OP
T
Reaction score
No surprise, the tone of the exhaust is exactly the same as that of the
AMG A45s, but definitely louder since emira being mid engined has shorter exhaust route. Komotec is working on a 200cell downpipe, with the ECU remap, we can definitely expect some crazy loud pops and crackles!
The turbocharged engine looks so torquey, it's probably the easiest ever model from Lotus to lay black lines on tarmac.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts