Autoblog V6 FE Emira Review (road test; positive)

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oof. I didn't get to listen during my test drive, but as someone who loves music on a road trip, this is hard to read.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222-182835.png
    Screenshot_20231222-182835.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 92

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oof. I didn't get to listen during my test drive, but as someone who loves music on a road trip, this is hard to read.
"Barely audible" seemed highly dubious to me... Maybe they went to one too many Spinal Tap concerts as a teen? 😅

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's more likely that they connected via Bluetooth but had the volume more than halfway down on their mobile device.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
"No rev hang here" - interesting...

Haven't driven one/mine yet. Maybe just a very subjective topic?
You mean where there is rev hang or if rev hang is a good thing?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Rev hang is not a good thing. It's when you let off the gas, and instead of the rpm's dropping immediately, they 'hang' for a bit until the flywheel loses energy, then they start to drop. Kind of like clicking on a topic in the forum, and instead of it going right to it, the forum hangs for a bit before downloading the page.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Referring to the fact that other people on this forum have testified to experiencing too much rev hang on the V6 manual, and here is a journalist saying the opposite.

Is it possible that rev hang changes as the engine beds in? I had assumed, as others stated, that any rev hang (with a lightweight flywheel) is likely an intended function of the ECU/tune to avoid extra emissions on overrun. Which wouldn't likely change as the engine wears in.

That's why I'm just wonding if it's very subjective, or if some powertrains are actually behaving differently.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Referring to the fact that other people on this forum have testified to experiencing too much rev hang on the V6 manual, and here is a journalist saying the opposite.

Is it possible that rev hang changes as the engine beds in? I had assumed, as others stated, that any rev hang (with a lightweight flywheel) is likely an intended function of the ECU/tune to avoid extra emissions on overrun. Which wouldn't likely change as the engine wears in.

That's why I'm just wonding if it's very subjective, or if some powertrains are actually behaving differently.
Right, that is what I was suspecting. Maybe the throttle hang is different between Track and other modes. It's primarily a way to get better emissions so maybe they turn it off in Track mode.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
"In short, it’s the most involving, natural and flat-out-fun road-legal car today that hovers around the $100,000 mark."

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Right, that is what I was suspecting. Maybe the throttle hang is different between Track and other modes. It's primarily a way to get better emissions so maybe they turn it off in Track mode.
It’s the same in all gears but easy to get used to. I’m waiting on feedback for the JUBU 440 tune with 7200 soft rev limit. Not much else to complain about when that is sorted in combination with the secondary cat removal and maybe a 15mm lowering (although I’m biased on this one). 😁👍🏻