Exhaust Options Index

hellasf1

Reaction score
When the valve is open our exhaust exits through both larger free flowing pipes outside of the muffler box -- creating a straight pipe type setup. It sounds pretty killer! Weather has prohibited getting good video clips but hopefully next week we can get the shop car out and get some done.

Here is my quick paint drawing of the exhaust flow --
Red is with valve open
Yellow is with valve closed
View attachment 40086
Awesome! Is yours a bigger diameter than the stock or compared to say Milltek?

hellasf1

Reaction score
I think the Aerie is like the stock set up and still goes through the box either way.
IMG_3971.jpeg

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, ours is larger diameter tubing for the valve open flow path. Im not sure of the others tubing diameter but probably comparable to the Milltek.
And also correct -- we initially did a couple prototypes that modeled the stock muffler/flow path like the other mentioned above here and they just didnt make hardly any sound difference (all the sound difference came from the cat delete vs the muffler) so opted to change to this new design which we are very happy with.

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just for information. Some people on Facebook actually took delivery for their vehicle with the miltek exhaust installed. Apparently some dealers will install it themselves.

1stLotus

Reaction score
Just for information. Some people on Facebook actually took delivery for their vehicle with the miltek exhaust installed. Apparently some dealers will install it themselves.
Are they sharing what dealerships?

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was just looking for this exact comment. Given the similarities to Emira and Evora, it seems likely Valvetronic would want to step up and create the same F1 style setup for the Emira. It's probably one of the more unique sounding exhaust systems for the Evora IMO.

Additional notes: It's quite terrifying how they can make a Toyota engine sound like this. Not sure if its my cup of tea or not, but it definitely draws attention.

Video link added for reference:
This is the video I was gonna post. Amazing sound. I'm in. lol. As long as I don't get any error codes.

1stLotus

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a loss of torque from these straight through exhausts that bypass the mufflers when valves are open? I’ve read back-pressure and scavenging is important for low end torque.

Would be nice to see dynos for all the exhaust options.

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a loss of torque from these straight through exhausts that bypass the mufflers when valves are open? I’ve read back-pressure and scavenging is important for low end torque.

Would be nice to see dynos for all the exhaust options.
I haven't seen Dynos other than Jubu, but they have entire race car kits.

BobbyG

Reaction score
Are they sharing what dealerships?
This would be really good to know.

I haven’t had the “discussion“:with my Lotus dealer about installing the exhaust 😳

BobbyG

Reaction score
Mine said would void the warranty...again which part of the warranty
That is certainly unfortunate 😔

Milltek has established a few U.S. Lotus dealerships as authorized distributors/installers.

Lotus Detroit, Lotus of DC, and Lotus Jacksonville so far.

Maybe this info will help your cause🙏

tnbuilder

Reaction score

Milltek has established a few U.S. Lotus dealerships as authorized distributors/installers.

That is great! Yes I will ask my dealer about that. All I really want is the 3rd decat.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Road trip!

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Eurocar in Southern California will not install any modifications, unfortunately.

BobbyG

Reaction score
Eurocar in Southern California will not install any modifications, unfortunately.
It’s interesting - Porsche takes a different approach (at least in my experience).

They know many of their customers want to do mods for the track or a more aggressive street set up.

I have a ‘23 GT4 with Fabspeed exhaust and a M-Engineering tune.

Not a mention of voiding the warranty from Porsche.

Maybe Lotus should stand behind their motto of ”for the drivers” a little more literally.

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm in Utah too might have to look him up and get that exhaust.....
makes sense,

Keep your eyes on TheStradman's channel.( He's also in Utah.)
I'm sure he'll probably have one of the best-sounding custom Emira exhaust b/c of the popularity on youtube.

I think his lambos are Gintani.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts