Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I imagine the promise of selling at the MSRP window sticker price is the main reason. Being a V1 and a promise to sell at MSRP. Good for Lotus of Jacksonville on staying honest. A refreshing surprise!

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/702187263?listingType=NEW&makeCode=LOTUS&newSearch=false&referrer=/cars-for-sale/new-cars/lotus&clickType=listing&fbclid=IwAR1kFsNYxOyPGzgkdWk72DLF3sU3D1_pQSWe_z2dgE59LDtPGh2NUinLk2U_aem_ARJo_9GAmHfimVbovcIOsTqFd42Hz28YWJRInJ8hYd7xtaWtDvLG5A-ExDSdVvjzkuc
FE 2.0 for sale before 1.0 in Miami
IMG_1456.jpeg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This kind of behavior is the reason why Lotus is not sending any cars to CARB states. They don't want any dealers in those states "selling" the cars before approval is received.

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This kind of behavior is the reason why Lotus is not sending any cars to CARB states. They don't want any dealers in those states "selling" the cars before approval is received.

Ha ha ha..... "Offering" and "Delivering" are very different things. We should all know this very well having dealt with Lotus over the past 3 years!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ha ha ha..... "Offering" and "Delivering" are very different things. We should all know this very well having dealt with Lotus over the past 3 years!
CARB rules makes the manufacturer/dealer liable for $37,500 per vehicle fine if it is "offered for sale". I don't believe a pre-ordered vehicle qualifies as "offered for sale” since it doesn't exist yet. Even if it has been manufactured, as long as the VIN is not provided, it can't be considered "offered for sale".

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't think Florida is a CARB state. So Carb regulations don't apply.
Offer away non-CARB states as you have all the approvals you need!!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Florida is a CARB state. So Carb regulations don't apply.
Offer away non-CARB states as you have all the approvals you need!!

Which is precisely why I said "This kind of behavior is the reason why Lotus is not sending any cars to CARB states. They don't want any dealers in those states "selling" the cars before approval is received."

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Autotrader list 94 Emira's for sale nationwide in the USA already.

I confirmed this.... very interesting if these are really available for sale/delivery once released by Lotus. If so, the initial demand might be satisfied in short order and then prices will drop..... :unsure:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I confirmed this.... very interesting if these are really available for sale/delivery once released by Lotus. If so, the initial demand might be satisfied in short order and then prices will drop..... :unsure:

A lot of them are just listed and confirmed VINs of people here waiting for their cars.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It may just be their normal process of entering a car into inventory - send the feed to Autotrader.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It may just be their normal process of entering a car into inventory - send the feed to Autotrader.

Yeah likely this is just an automated system like auto nation does for all of the dealers that use their systems.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
74 Emira’s are now 64 Emira’s on auto trader right now.

Clearly the flipper and rejection rush is over and with not many Emira’s getting delivered in the uk in 2024 I’m guessing there won’t be to many Emira’s on auto trader by the end of the summer.

Still a chance to grab a bargain and I must say a bargain it certainly is 🫡

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
74 Emira’s are now 64 Emira’s on auto trader right now.

Clearly the flipper and rejection rush is over and with not many Emira’s getting delivered in the uk in 2024 I’m guessing there won’t be to many Emira’s on auto trader by the end of the summer.

Still a chance to grab a bargain and I must say a bargain it certainly is 🫡
It will be interesting to see how quickly the numbers come down as the summer approaches.
For me not one is in the spec I want.
What's the story behind not many Emiras getting delivered in the UK in 2024?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I spoke to my local dealer who said Lotus are concentrating on other world markets and they expect to sell around 20 Emira’s in 2024, that’s one dealership but still not a lot of cars.

I also noticed most of the V6 autos have been snapped up, they are a lot rarer than the manual.

This might be something to do with the i4 mega delay.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Question for the UK guys - I was on the UK configurator to look at the Eletre pricing and decided to check out the Emira configurator. It's nice that you have the updated version compared to N/A. My question is it seems that you can order a V6 manual First Edition with the new color options now? Has anyone ordered one in the UK in the new colors? Also, was there any news on the base configurator? Did Lotus add the new colors for model year 2024 and continue building first edition models for another year?

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Question for the UK guys - I was on the UK configurator to look at the Eletre pricing and decided to check out the Emira configurator. It's nice that you have the updated version compared to N/A. My question is it seems that you can order a V6 manual First Edition with the new color options now? Has anyone ordered one in the UK in the new colors? Also, was there any news on the base configurator? Did Lotus add the new colors for model year 2024 and continue building first edition models for another year?
I ordered a new colour first edition on the 1st May 2023