• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No idea, just cruising at 70-75 along the M62 and M18. It was 'the last 100 miles' that gave this figure so it could have been garbage for the rest of the trip but it definitely said 40 before I entered the town and then it started to drop.
Shhhhhh, keep the Hybrid V6 quiet, no one is supposed to know about it yet !!! :)

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've only just got over the 1000 mile break in period so for all of that journey it was less than 4000 revs and between 70/75 in top gear on motorways. I'm gonna have to do it again and take photos arent I? 😂

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've only just got over the 1000 mile break in period so for all of that journey it was less than 4000 revs and between 70/75 in top gear on motorways. I'm gonna have to do it again and take photos arent I? 😂
How important is the 1000mile break in period?

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think it's one of those things that only becomes a problem if you have a problem and need to take the car in. If they download the engine info and can see it has been rev'd to within an inch of its life every day then I'm not sure your warranty will do much good.

I'd probably suggest 500 miles is good enough to bed the engine in but they say 1000 so 1000 it was for me. Just avoids any hassles at a later date and better to be safe than sorry.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's one of those things that only becomes a problem if you have a problem and need to take the car in. If they download the engine info and can see it has been rev'd to within an inch of its life every day then I'm not sure your warranty will do much good.

I'd probably suggest 500 miles is good enough to bed the engine in but they say 1000 so 1000 it was for me. Just avoids any hassles at a later date and better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you for your reply, I’ll treat mine with respect when it finally arrives. I just wonder how many cars on the market currently have had the proper running in process knowing they might sold.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you buy a used Lotus from a dealer you can ask them to give you a printout of the ECU stats.

I got my local dealer to do a pre-purchase inspection on my privately bought GT430 and it was included in their report.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A similar situation is now also happening with Eletres, just a few weeks after first UK customer deliveries started. Several cancelled orders being advertised by Lotus and others available via dealers.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For what it's worth, prices are also softening in the used Corvette C8 Z06 market on autotrader.ca, despite that car being arguably the current hottest thing since sliced bread and nearly impossible to get your hands on (they outright quoted me 4 years when I put down my deposit 2 years ago).
  • 5 cars listed on the site
  • sellers asking an average of $285k CAD
  • none of the cars have sold since the summer
  • 3 of the cars have had recent price drops of $7k–10k

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
73 plate

IMG_9575.jpeg

John_Matrix

Reaction score
The cheapest AT car is just under £70k and it hasn’t sold immediately. Still available as at today. What’s the price point when these become hot property used? I’m guessing £60k.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
hmm does anyone know of vehicles with value$$$ way different in NA than the UK?

For science I was comparing carwow vs.NA prices on Audi's and they are similar conversions.

I didn't research enough for anomalies which appreciate/depreciate differently between regions.

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score
hmm does anyone know of vehicles with value$$$ way different in NA than the UK?

For science I was comparing carwow vs.NA prices on Audi's and they are similar conversions.

I didn't research enough for anomalies which appreciate/depreciate differently between regions.
I've seen that equivalent Mclarens go for significantly more in the US than in UK.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've got notifications set up for Emiras being added to Pistonheads Classifieds. Yesterday's daily alert had FIVE newly-listed, of which 3 are zero mileage cars with Lotus Silverstone and 2 have only 150 miles and are with Rybrook Lotus Birmingham. I assume all of them are cancelled orders.

Currently 63 for sale on Autotrader UK, with 4 now under £70k. 38 are with Lotus dealers, 14 other trade and 11 private sellers.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got notifications set up for Emiras being added to Pistonheads Classifieds. Yesterday's daily alert had FIVE newly-listed, of which 3 are zero mileage cars with Lotus Silverstone and 2 have only 150 miles and are with Rybrook Lotus Birmingham. I assume all of them are cancelled orders.

Currently 63 for sale on Autotrader UK, with 4 now under £70k. 38 are with Lotus dealers, 14 other trade and 11 private sellers.
Are they forced to include a VIN? Wondering whether any of these are being used as placeholder advertising.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think so on Autotrader. The specs and photos are all different, so they look like they are physical cars.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder what prices will be like in the new year? With the continued I4 delays, V6 autos might start to look like a more attractive proposition by then.