• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I bet if Lotus hadn't slapped another 10k on the price of the Emira you wouldn't see half the numbers that are on Autotrader.

Price hike = unaffordable finance = lots of cancelled orders.

If the price keeps falling there will be a lot more cancelled orders.

A vicious circle me thinks.

John_Matrix

Reaction score
I bet if Lotus hadn't slapped another 10k on the price of the Emira you wouldn't see half the numbers that are on Autotrader.

Price hike = unaffordable finance = lots of cancelled orders.

If the price keeps falling there will be a lot more cancelled orders.

A vicious circle me thinks.
If one of these gets advertised with low miles before Xmas, I’ll pay £58k. I think once these are sub £60k they look like real value. Past Xmas I’ll be hoping to pay closer to £55. My understanding is dealers won’t bid at all and just want SOR.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They’ve only just started dipping under £70k so I don’t think we’ll see a sub £60k car until early next year.

John_Matrix

Reaction score
I hope you are wrong Tom! If anyone in the UK reading this thread wants out of their car I’m interested. Think I’d prefer touring and nimbus for preference but at the right price I’ll buy any colour/suspension set up. As long at its sub 5k miles and not damaged.
Assuming dealers aren’t bidding and the prices cars are advertised at currently isn’t resulting in sales, maybe someone may be tempted?
The VAT drop is £16k ish and with a new car registration supplement on top. That would normally factor into depreciation anyway.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
IMG_0336.jpeg

I find it funny that they’re cars with two previous owners already, while we’re tracking shipping vessels for the first in NA.

The second owner pretty much drove the car for free and might get their money back on this one.

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
They’ve only just started dipping under £70k so I don’t think we’ll see a sub £60k car until early next year.
It might be sooner, I just had a look on WBAC. For context, May registered, 400 miles 😱

1699283239515.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: AGP

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Out of interest, I just popped in the details for a 4.0 Boxster GTS (March 2023) that's for sale with a main dealer at £83k

Your valuation​

£44,000

We can settle finance

John_Matrix

Reaction score
Out of interest, I just popped in the details for a 4.0 Boxster GTS (March 2023) that's for sale with a main dealer at £83k

Your valuation​

£44,000

We can settle finance
I contacted an OPC about a 911 I’m interested in. I wondered what the discount available might be- used car- given the current climate. It’s fair to say they were not minded to talk of 4 figure discounts. The chap I spoke to sounded like he was having a seizure when I suggested it.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This isn’t unique to the Emira check this out 😫

Attachments

• IMG_3682.png
    IMG_3682.png
    325.1 KB · Views: 76

RafP

Reaction score
I see approved used 2023 car at Silverstone now down to £69.9k

I am sat waiting patiently for them to come down to very low £60s that’s my bite point.

So if anyone is desperate to get out and getting silly offers PM me.

That WBAC price is a complete joke I think that is really We DONT want your car price.

It’s not just emira though nothing is shifting.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s why WBAC are low-balling on most sports cars and exotics, there’s just no appetite for them in the UK used market at the moment.

Lotus and the dealers don’t want to force further depreciation so will likely sit on cars for longer rather than reduce prices. Indie traders and private sellers will be the ones lowering prices every week.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Spotted this marketed by Queensland Lotus but can’t find any details
That's cool to see. I'd been kinda thinking about refinishing the wheels in bronze, but now that I've seen it I think I'll stick with silver. Nice to see the combo in the flesh though.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I thought this video would add context to this discussiuon and also quickly explain why Lotus had a hard time recovering from the pandemic. A lot of the old rules have been turned upside down due to the pandemic, anyone's guess as of the new normal.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that WBAC are in financial trouble, so that would explain why they're lowballing massively. But, that said, I do think Lotus are in trouble. EV's arent shifting and that's intended to be their core market going forward. Add to that the sports car market and you have a recipe for trouble.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why would they price this at 98,340? - MSRP is 106,800 + Freight. Something seems off.... unless the order banks for the Emira has gone dry in the US?

Unless this is an F/E 1.0 they are selling at MSRP? That would make sense. At this point F/E 1.0 and 2.0 are being shipped at the same time. Dealers might as well sell them at the listed price on Lotus' website.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why would they price this at 98,340? - MSRP is 106,800 + Freight. Something seems off.... unless the order banks for the Emira has gone dry in the US?

Unless this is an F/E 1.0 they are selling at MSRP? That would make sense. At this point F/E 1.0 and 2.0 are being shipped at the same time. Dealers might as well sell them at the listed price on Lotus' website.
You’re right, it is an interesting business decision with 2.0s around the corner. I guess that means they will raise prices when those come out? Even though they are the same lol

Last edited: