• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We’ve almost got a full complement of colours for sale now!

Magma, at only 93k

No indication of when the car is actually due though… soon, I imagine!

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Still £10k above list. Mine would seem like a good deal (if I do not get the £20k over of course! :love:)

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Still £10k above list. Mine would seem like a good deal (if I do not get the £20k over of course! :love:)
so we have had 25k above list... 20k...15...10..and 5....

And the only one we know for sure that has been sold, netted the owner about 5k over list..
Things are not looking great so far for the Emira..
oh well, Harry's 2nd video I imagine in 39 mins will make ALLLLLL the difference..

And NOOOO I dont think hes working for lotus in any shape or form......

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
At this rate they will be under list and available to the buyers who did not put a deposit down, whilst the early depositors have to pay full retail and wait for their cars!

This world we live in is such a wonderful place!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
so we have had 25k above list... 20k...15...10..and 5....

And the only one we know for sure that has been sold, netted the owner about 5k over list..
Things are not looking great so far for the Emira..
oh well, Harry's 2nd video I imagine in 39 mins will make ALLLLLL the difference..

And NOOOO I dont think hes working for lotus in any shape or form......
tough spot your in... not just you but many others over the next few months.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
tough spot your in... not just you but many others over the next few months.
well, its partly down to people caving... trying to make a quick buck... would be better to wait it out for at least a month... 15k over and wait.... or take an offer, but dont announce lower.....
I hope lotus do put their prices up...or else..... the above mentioned will happen and the cars will be worth less than a 10 year old ferrari with 200k km on the clock

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s about time people bought cars because they want to own and drive them.
That’s why I’m buying. Quite frankly I hope flippers don’t make money! It’s only going to make the cars more expensive for the genuine buyer

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well, its partly down to people caving... trying to make a quick buck... would be better to wait it out for at least a month... 15k over and wait.... or take an offer, but dont announce lower.....
I hope lotus do put their prices up...or else..... the above mentioned will happen and the cars will be worth less than a 10 year old ferrari with 200k km on the clock
find out how much it would be to ship to Australia/Japan, and then place it for sale in those markets, or contact a broker that specializes in that. Those wait lists are longer and allocations tighter, a bit more work, but might be worth it. Aussies won't see the first Emira's for a while still.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Quite frankly I hope flippers don’t make money! It’s only going to make the cars more expensive for the genuine buyer

Is this correct? The way I see it is that if flippers make money it means there are strong residuals. Strong residuals equals lower ownership cost from new over your period of ownership

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s why I’m buying. Quite frankly I hope flippers don’t make money! It’s only going to make the cars more expensive for the genuine buyer
Ya , I think Lotus themselves are going to be a little surprised with how many pop up in the market. They must be keeping a keen eye on it.

Side note - anyone know what Lotus is quoting for a delivery time for an Emira if placing a deposit today in the UK?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well we’ve got 3 or 4 physical cars for sale/sold now… out of I’d guess we’re now somewhere between 50 and 100 deliveries? Maybe 5% coming to market?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well we’ve got 3 or 4 physical cars for sale/sold now… out of I’d guess we’re now somewhere between 50 and 100 deliveries? Maybe 5% coming to market?
it will be a fair bit closer to 10-15% IMO... many people that are thinking of selling would prefer to do so in the spring weather.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I also think that Tome's big/huge car comparison review will be a factor in Emira residuals.... I'm only half joking with that comment btw.... hahaha 😅

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
it will be a fair bit closer to 10-15% IMO... many people that are thinking of selling would prefer to do so in the spring weather.

Well maybe, but the numbers are telling me 5% right now and the numbers don’t lie 😃

Edit: unless you’re an accountant, statistician or some other master of dark maths arts that put the subject to shame….

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well maybe, but the numbers are telling me 5% right now and the numbers don’t lie 😃

Edit: unless you’re an accountant, statistician or some other master of dark maths arts that put the subject to shame….
haha, no I'm not. While my work does revolve around finance/markets and construction, my take on Emira is purely speculation.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

In the UK less than 50 delivered so far Id say

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
I don't think you have flippers in the Lotus market. At least not any that are any good at it!

Any Emiras that are coming up or will come up for sale are for numerous reasons.

Deposit down over 18 months ago, still no sign of a car.
Terrible communication from Lotus.
Car reviews not actually great.
Still issues with delivered cars.

On top of that the UK at least is in a recession with car prices dropping and finance borrowing going up.

I don't think real flippers would touch a Lotus. Porsche GT, Ferrari rare models and certain other marques.

Lotus are safe from flippers...

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
GERMANY ............EMIRA SALES..................

2022EliseEvoraExige V6EmiraSonstigeGesamt
Januar1616
Februar1414
März1919
April1313
Mai1010
Juni2222
Juli00
August00
September11
Oktober325
November14014