Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Moderator note: moved out of individual advert into thread about Emira sales

So, not to pick at anyone trying to sell their car, especially as I will maybe be in the same position and I am not saying any of us are flippers, as that certainly wasn't my initial intention and even if we were...thats life.
But just an interesting point of conversation......:

Those that are willing to sell their cars for as little as 5k over list are going to hurt residuals for these cars. Its your right, and I Im not arguing in the slightest and good luck to you. I insist though, if people out there think they can pick a brand new Emira up without any miles on it for around 5k over, with a waiting list of 18 months, they will think, the car cant be that decent or even worth the wait.
I appreciate people not wanting to take advantage of others or "overcharge" them....not wanting to feel guilty etc... But the reality is, the more cars out there for a few thousand over list, the more damage long term to residuals..... its logical.
anyway, just devils advocate......
I personally would not sell my UK car for such a low margin and would rather keep it until the summer and then see where things lay

Another thing is that 5k over list now can be less money than waiting another 18 months for the car. I don't believe that with current inflation across Europe, Lotus will keep prices at current levels.

5k = 6 percent of the current car price
If the price only increases by 5k in 18 months, that would equate to annual inflation of 4%. Real inflation is (much) higher.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
on mobile.de
3X Emira for sale ...............1X in Germany.........2x in Greece..... between € 122.500,- and € 124.900,-
I would expect that they would have been sold immediately since their prices are around the msrp...

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?dam=0&isSearchRequest=true&ms=15900;14;;;&ref=dsp&s=Car&vc=Car

The Netherlands:

Lotus Emira

Lotus Emira​

2-deurs, Coupé, 2022-heden
  • Nieuw vanaf € 149.414

German price for a V6 FE manual without Extended Black Pack is 95.995 EUR. The mobile.de price is very high, by more than 25 % higher than MSRP.

I expect the price of 149.414 EUR in the Netherlands includes the NL-related taxes, am I right?

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Another thing is that 5k over list now can be less money than waiting another 18 months for the car. I don't believe that with current inflation across Europe, Lotus will keep prices at current levels.

If the price only increases by 5k in 18 months, that would equate to annual inflation of 4%. Real inflation is (much) higher.
Also, if the person buying the flipped car for £5k over list needs finance and they can secure a favourable APR deal now, then they might avoid interest rate rises in the future that may out way the overall cost in the long run, plus they have the car NOW!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I was not buying the car just to sell. I wanted the car but the market and world has changed.

Certain outcome -It will sell (maybe not at 20-30k over) But yes for 5k.

No luck involved or skill. Simple.

No complications at all- Be an early deposit payer. Get your car early. Sell it if you want to as its yours. No complications...

5k to place an advert to me is good money. Modest but still worth having.

Might be different Stateside, perhaps you do not get out of bed for less than a 100k. If so though you would not be looking for an Emira ;)
I can buy a much more expensive car if I wanted to and with zero financing as well, so let's not get personal.

I'm simply not inclined to make that effort, the opportunity cost for me is higher.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
I can buy a much more expensive car if I wanted to and with zero financing as well, so let's not get personal.

I'm simply not inclined to make that effort, the opportunity cost for me is higher.
I apologise if you feel I was getting personal. You were commenting on it explaining it was not worth if for you. However you were talking about my situation. It was me selling the car. My choice.

A truce, I hope you enjoy your car, when it comes ;)

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here:
Interesting, I bought my Evora 410 Sport (in 2020) and more recently my Alpine A110 from Scott Hardy. They have some very interesting and very expensive cars in there. The showroom is in the most unlikely place in the middle of an industrial estate full of tradesmen callecting bags of plaster, sand etc. Their showroom is competely enclosed so you can't see what is inside and when they let you in, it takes your breath away with the stock they have. They had a Senna in there when I collected my Alpine, first time I have ever seen one - amazing car but looked very wide - not really ideal for the rural roads around Cheshire where I live (plus it was £1million more than I could afford). Their prices always seem to end in £991, next time I buy a car from them, I will ask why! I hope they do well with the Emira.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

hmmmm.... before I thought Lotus would be increasing MSRP.... Now, I do not believe the MSRP increase will be as steep as I originally thought, if much at all.

I also don't think they have currently a 2 year waitlist any longer. It must be shrinking faster than growing. Just guessing but Lotus would do well to keep an eye on it's competitors pricing if it wants to stay relevant.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
hmmmm.... before I thought Lotus would be increasing MSRP.... Now, I do not believe the MSRP increase will be as steep as I originally thought, if much at all.

I also don't think they have currently a 2 year waitlist any longer. It must be shrinking faster than growing. Just guessing but Lotus would do well to keep an eye on it's competitors pricing if it wants to stay relevant.

Yes, you can be right, but 4% yearly is not a steep increase... I'm involved in the camper van market, Bürstner price increase Aug 2021/Aug 2022 (in only 12 months!!!) is about 23 %, Sun Living as much as 29 % in average and 32 % for some models (all dates German MSRP).

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Alpine A110 prices are going up by about 5% from January and they only sell a handful a week, so like most businesses I would imagine Lotus will have no choice but to increase their prices to keep any profit margin that's left in the Emira

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think porsche added about 5% to the GTS in the last 12 months...
yes, in spain 3 increases within a year..
caterham increased by between 6 and 15%.....
the market is increasing its prices, but of course what they will have to do is help with fiances and finance...or else they will have to reduce production... which would not be sensible given previous 2 3 years levels

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Deflationary pressures are coming for luxury and discretionary spending items, at least for the US. The holiday sales season is weak and there have been plenty of discounts. I was just at the local mall and it does not look like holiday shopping season. There was a line for Gucci but most other stores were empty. The sales people with their smart clothes, heavy makeup, and, uh, unique hairstyles were looking lonely and in need of a drink. Brands that pushed up their prices will have to readjust once they realize they can't make their targets. Just look at all the cancellations for Lotus even with a steady price.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Deflationary pressures are coming for luxury and discretionary spending items, at least for the US. The holiday sales season is weak and there have been plenty of discounts. I was just at the local mall and it does not look like holiday shopping season. There was a line for Gucci but most other stores were empty. The sales people with their smart clothes, heavy makeup, and, uh, unique hairstyles were looking lonely and in need of a drink. Brands that pushed up their prices will have to readjust once they realize they can't make their targets. Just look at all the cancellations for Lotus even with a steady price.
Maybe the UK is behind the curve then because I've been dragged to the shops in various areas near me in the last few weeks and I can't even find a parking space. I also have several used car dealer friends who've had good sales for December. However, I've definitely seen a softening of the used car prices, but that could be partly attributed to the time of year.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Fashion brands have a different market than cars. They have a much larger margin and can adjust prices downwards if necessary. This is not possible in automotive to such an extent.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

In the last two years, there were a lot of interested parties on the market who could not buy cars due to the shortage. Now prices are increasing and logically the number of people interested in cars is decreasing, but it is still enough for manufacturers to sell their current production affected by the damaged production chain.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Inflation is for sure real, I don't see any MSRP prices lowering, including Lotus. I can see incentives around finance rates / longer terms once the order book is close to being sold. (1 year away?) Dealerships usually get incentives from the manufacturer to offer discounts on cars that have not sold/don't sell well. In Lotus' case, being direct selling model this won't happen. However, if they are finding it difficult to move product in UK, I would think they would switch more production to ROW, where the dealer groups would be able to offer these types of things.

Just to be clear, I don't think this will be happening to the Emira anytime soon, possibly in 2024 if they need the boost.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I admit my experience is anecdotal but I have two recent ones related directly to cars:

- Three months ago I sold my van for about 36k to a dealer. They initially listed it for 43k. I just saw they are now trying to sell it for 35k.

- A couple of weeks ago I helped a friend buy a new Mazda3 off the lot and negotiated 1200 dollars off of MSRP.