• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I admit my experience is anecdotal but I have two recent ones related directly to cars:

- Three months ago I sold my van for about 36k to a dealer. They initially listed it for 43k. I just saw they are now trying to sell it for 35k.

- A couple of weeks ago I helped a friend buy a new Mazda3 off the lot and negotiated 1200 dollars off of MSRP.
- Maybe you had a terrible van and an even worse dealer that bought it

- And, for a Mazda3, I hope it had a starting price of 1200 dollars!

Only joking of course! If the market was predictable then we'd all be chilled out about things but it's not, so I guess the best option is to either buy the damn car or don't....or flip it! Heart -Head - or Profit

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Moderator note: moved out of individual advert into thread about Emira sales

So, not to pick at anyone trying to sell their car, especially as I will maybe be in the same position and I am not saying any of us are flippers, as that certainly wasn't my initial intention and even if we were...thats life.
But just an interesting point of conversation......:

Those that are willing to sell their cars for as little as 5k over list are going to hurt residuals for these cars. Its your right, and I Im not arguing in the slightest and good luck to you. I insist though, if people out there think they can pick a brand new Emira up without any miles on it for around 5k over, with a waiting list of 18 months, they will think, the car cant be that decent or even worth the wait.
I appreciate people not wanting to take advantage of others or "overcharge" them....not wanting to feel guilty etc... But the reality is, the more cars out there for a few thousand over list, the more damage long term to residuals..... its logical.
anyway, just devils advocate......
I personally would not sell my UK car for such a low margin and would rather keep it until the summer and then see where things lay
Right now the only price benchmark is the FE.
Time is indeed money if you are caught up in the Big Wait
Inflation and interest rates are pounding autos like winter hail.
Base Edition and i4 FE costs will impact the FE resale scene.

Next Decade

Reaction score
can I just say...add... lotus can say dec build january delivery, but until you have your actual date, trust me, it means little... there are several people who were x build and y handover, and they have not ended up in that situation..
So for propspective buyers, beware.....
Im now doubting I will get my car in december.... heading to the middle and no date yet and my car is already BUILT....2 weeks ago..apparently....

Your car is likely built already. It’s probably sitting with/behind others pending final QAQC. Whether it’s still in Chapman, or somewhere else…I personally wouldn’t be mad. I’d guess it means they are being thorough, yet fair.

They are walking a tight rope IMO. Balancing the option between rushing deliveries to capture present demand against extending QAQC.

Maybe they simply want to put a Christmas bow on it for you.

Next Decade

Reaction score
I was just at the local mall and it does not look like holiday shopping season. There was a line for Gucci but most other stores were empty. The sales people with their smart clothes, heavy makeup, and, uh, unique hairstyles were looking lonely and in need of a drink.

Probably more indicative of the life support local malls have been on for many years. I think Covid was the nail in the coffin…

Now, even old people realize how much easier it is to just buy shit online.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Your car is likely built already. It’s probably sitting with/behind others pending final QAQC. Whether it’s still in Chapman, or somewhere else…I personally wouldn’t be mad. I’d guess it means they are being thorough, yet fair.

They are walking a tight rope IMO. Balancing the option between rushing deliveries to capture present demand against extending QAQC.

Maybe they simply want to put a Christmas bow on it for you.
if they knew who I was, they may change that to a cross bow.... haha

John 1963

Reaction score
Over 100% return to me looks like a good investment. With banks struggling to return 4%. Not really lots of trouble at all.

There is a lot of thinking with the heart and not the head when it comes to this car (and others) It is a Lotus after all and there has never been an "overs market" Its not a Porsche GT product. Add the financial crisis, time of year etc then any return is good. These cars simply will not sell for 20-30k over list. Zero chance. The ads on line are dreamers chancing it.
If lucky they may hold their value for a while with just the first ones making a small premium.

If you do have a dead cert investment that will return me over 100% please get in touch straight away!
I’m with you my friend to get a 5k return on any deal assured is a no brainier to ask more when there will be plenty on the market in 2/3 months will risk your 5k when you actually get your car , lock in your potential new owner and run with it you will pass on a car a new owner won’t have to wait months for and you are 5k better off , buy July I see emira being sold at or below list at best !

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Another thing to have in mind is that the price of the Emira might well jump up by 10 - 15%. Their margins have been hit and they can only absorb so much from the Geely cashflow.

It could be that a fully laden V6 will be at £85k next year at some point, even a base i4 at around £67k before any options,. Once they feel they have satiated enough FE people who knows how much the prices will move. Lotus can cite any reason for a jump really.
If they lose some orders, they will still sell all their cars.

in 2024, I kinda expect a fully laden i4 to be not far behind the V6 FE price now.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
Another thing to have in mind is that the price of the Emira might well jump up by 10 - 15%. Their margins have been hit and they can only absorb so much from the Geely cashflow.

It could be that a fully laden V6 will be at £85k next year at some point, even a base i4 at around £67k before any options,. Once they feel they have satiated enough FE people who knows how much the prices will move. Lotus can cite any reason for a jump really.
If they lose some orders, they will still sell all their cars.

in 2024, I kinda expect a fully laden i4 to be not far behind the V6 FE price now.
That's a very good chance 👍 but don't forget a well specced V6 First Edition is actually priced at £81.6 k direct from Lotus right now. Too many people seem to forget the car tax and delivery charges are to be added.
So 10% increase would make it a £90k car from Lotus.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
That's a very good chance 👍 but don't forget a well specced V6 First Edition is actually priced at £81.6 k direct from Lotus right now. Too many people seem to forget the car tax and delivery charges are to be added.
So 10% increase would make it a £90k car from Lotus.
If Lotus trys to sell the car at £90k they will be in big trouble. Pricing it over Porsche for a lesser product (subjective!) is suicide.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
If Lotus trys to sell the car at £90k they will be in big trouble. Pricing it over Porsche for a lesser product (subjective!) is suicide.
I agree, but of course with Porsche the base price looks great, then you realise you need to spec it up to get the car you really want, another £ 10k to 20k can easily be added to the price if not more. So need to be careful your comparing Apples with Apples 😉😉

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I agree, but of course with Porsche the base price looks great, then you realise you need to spec it up to get the car you really want, another £ 10k to 20k can easily be added to the price if not more. So need to be careful your comparing Apples with Apples 😉😉
And Porsche raise their prices every year too.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
And Porsche raise their prices every year too.
Slightly off topic, but I never get why Porsche don't just price the GT3 RS at what they typically sell for when flipped 🤷🤷 If that's what they will make then go for it 🤔

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I never get why Porsche don't just price the GT3 RS at what they typically sell for when flipped 🤷🤷 If that's what they will make then go for it 🤔

A few of the cars sold may be flipped for a higher price. But at this higher price, the entire production of the model would not be sold. Just my thoughts...

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Or maybe they do it as a special thank you to the customers that spend 500k every year or two with them... knowing that these guys get their names on a VIP list, whether they decide to act upon it or not, does not matter so much, its still nice to know you are a VIP....... its all about the money, money, money....
And remember, its really only in the UK that they do this to SUCH a large extent..... yes there are limited numbers of GT cars in other countries, but I called around a few US dealers when the 718 spyder was first released and found 2 or 3 dealers that would happily sell me a car, but of course NONE of the UK dealers would do the same.

Yes at 90k the car would be GT4 level and you dont need to add many extras to a gt4, I mean, the sound system isn't as crucial, or even full leather or full 180 way seats. A 90k Emira FE I think will really struggle to sell, especially when there will be plenty on the used market by then......
Its going to be an interesting few months for Lotus....... Porsche can do whatever they want Im afraid, they will still sell cars, their marketing machine and new updates and quirky 300 car production runs keep them in the news, but most of all, jouno's love them, but even more most of all than that... they do actually make great cars for the money.... and their brand is worth a lotttttttttt. like them or love them.. haha