Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting chat on depreciation under the New Normal:
ICE cars falling out of favor, gasoline a dirty word, interest rate chaos and sports cars still a niche enthusiast segment.
What signals are being sent by the Insurance and Finance companies about valuations and residuals?
That's the barometer.
I spoke to my finance broker last week and he told me that the lenders are currently not forecasting a decline in values (above the ordinary expectations) and they are still offering good residuals. Obviously that could change...

mrmoogee

Reaction score

Yellow Emira

Reaction score

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score

yes indeed, so new they couldnt get an accurate photo..... poor showing....correct price, probably sale or return?
Correct price? Do we think they are really getting anything like £100k? Surely just chancing it!
I think £90k max.
If anyone fancies one I would take £5k over list! Dec build/Jan delivery. Confirmed. Spoke to Lotus today (Well "Lotus confirmed" can mean give or take!!)

Willma

Reaction score
Correct price? Do we think they are really getting anything like £100k? Surely just chancing it!
I think £90k max.
If anyone fancies one I would take £5k over list! Dec build/Jan delivery. Confirmed. Spoke to Lotus today (Well "Lotus confirmed" can mean give or take!!)
Need to list spec, I'd be very interested at list plus 5k for the right specification.
Maybe a new thread is needed where everyone can list what they're getting, when and their best price to part with it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone wanting to advertise their car for sale is welcome to post it on Marketplace with the relevant info on location, spec and price.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Need to list spec, I'd be very interested at list plus 5k for the right specification.
Maybe a new thread is needed where everyone can list what they're getting, when and their best price to part with it.
Just posted in marketplace.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Moderator note: moved out of individual advert into thread about Emira sales

So, not to pick at anyone trying to sell their car, especially as I will maybe be in the same position and I am not saying any of us are flippers, as that certainly wasn't my initial intention and even if we were...thats life.
But just an interesting point of conversation......:

Those that are willing to sell their cars for as little as 5k over list are going to hurt residuals for these cars. Its your right, and I Im not arguing in the slightest and good luck to you. I insist though, if people out there think they can pick a brand new Emira up without any miles on it for around 5k over, with a waiting list of 18 months, they will think, the car cant be that decent or even worth the wait.
I appreciate people not wanting to take advantage of others or "overcharge" them....not wanting to feel guilty etc... But the reality is, the more cars out there for a few thousand over list, the more damage long term to residuals..... its logical.
anyway, just devils advocate......
I personally would not sell my UK car for such a low margin and would rather keep it until the summer and then see where things lay

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Totally understand. Of course more money would be lovely! However my personal thoughts were to sell for a small profit, ideally someone in this Forum!
I have not advertised the car anywhere. There are 4 cars on Autotrader right now for £100-£105k. I expect they are all sale or return cars. The dealers will want minimum £5k a car but nobody knows what they are actually selling for. Even the collecting cars sale probably didn't make anything over the owners costs as he had to pay off the finance agreement.
I was just cutting out the dealer as they have not had to wait 18 months with the headaches that have gone with the whole process!

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Totally understand. Of course more money would be lovely! However my personal thoughts were to sell for a small profit, ideally someone in this Forum!
I have not advertised the car anywhere. There are 4 cars on Autotrader right now for £100-£105k. I expect they are all sale or return cars. The dealers will want minimum £5k a car but nobody knows what they are actually selling for. Even the collecting cars sale probably didn't make anything over the owners costs as he had to pay off the finance agreement.
I was just cutting out the dealer as they have not had to wait 18 months with the headaches that have gone with the whole process!
Yes, you are absolutely right and its not your fault and you are not doing anything wrong at all.......
hopefully the 3 cars on autotrader, of which one at least does not actually exist yet in the sellers hands.... will sell quite quickly and things will move on and you can get a bit more, heaven knows we deserve it... and I sincerely hope people feel the car deserves it too.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I struggle to understand why go through all the trouble for such a small profit. Unless you are forced to sell due to unforeseen circumstances.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
on mobile.de
3X Emira for sale ...............1X in Germany.........2x in Greece..... between € 122.500,- and € 124.900,-
I would expect that they would have been sold immediately since their prices are around the msrp...

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...uest=true&ms=15900;14;;;&ref=dsp&s=Car&vc=Car

The Netherlands:

Lotus Emira

Lotus Emira​

2-deurs, Coupé, 2022-heden
  • Nieuw vanaf € 149.414

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Moderator note: moved out of individual advert into thread about Emira sales

So, not to pick at anyone trying to sell their car, especially as I will maybe be in the same position and I am not saying any of us are flippers, as that certainly wasn't my initial intention and even if we were...thats life.
But just an interesting point of conversation......:

Those that are willing to sell their cars for as little as 5k over list are going to hurt residuals for these cars. Its your right, and I Im not arguing in the slightest and good luck to you. I insist though, if people out there think they can pick a brand new Emira up without any miles on it for around 5k over, with a waiting list of 18 months, they will think, the car cant be that decent or even worth the wait.
I appreciate people not wanting to take advantage of others or "overcharge" them....not wanting to feel guilty etc... But the reality is, the more cars out there for a few thousand over list, the more damage long term to residuals..... its logical.
anyway, just devils advocate......
I personally would not sell my UK car for such a low margin and would rather keep it until the summer and then see where things lay
I think the prices over MSRP have less to do with the Emira's appeal / waiting list and more to do with current economic climate. People are just being more careful these days.

The buyer's that pay overs all the time (gt3, Ferrari, rare classics etc.) do so because it's a proven quantity. Also, the economic situation does not really affect those buyers. If you have the big dollars to spend, you are probably going for a different car than the Emira. I feel that the Emira buyers for the most part are not ultra wealthy, but affluent enough to purchase a toy that fits within a certain budget.

A year ago was a different time, and supply (for other marquee's ) are/have mostly caught up to demand.

** Also to add, Lotus has pulled the Emira from participating in Autocar sports car of the year (recently posted on YT) and Top Gear's as well.- It seems the journalists are not too fond of the Emira. This does not help. Yes, Harry is great, but his videos are looking more like commercials. Where is that new EVO track run we have been waiting for? For overs to happen, it needed the journalists to be on side, or at least a big majority. Not being outright better than a Cayman GTS 4.0 isn't exactly a winning formula for the ultra wealthy to want one and pay the overs.

Last edited:

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
I struggle to understand why go through all the trouble for such a small profit. Unless you are forced to sell due to unforeseen circumstances.
Over 100% return to me looks like a good investment. With banks struggling to return 4%. Not really lots of trouble at all.

There is a lot of thinking with the heart and not the head when it comes to this car (and others) It is a Lotus after all and there has never been an "overs market" Its not a Porsche GT product. Add the financial crisis, time of year etc then any return is good. These cars simply will not sell for 20-30k over list. Zero chance. The ads on line are dreamers chancing it.
If lucky they may hold their value for a while with just the first ones making a small premium.

If you do have a dead cert investment that will return me over 100% please get in touch straight away!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Over 100% return to me looks like a good investment. With banks struggling to return 4%. Not really lots of trouble at all.

There is a lot of thinking with the heart and not the head when it comes to this car (and others) It is a Lotus after all and there has never been an "overs market" Its not a Porsche GT product. Add the financial crisis, time of year etc then any return is good. These cars simply will not sell for 20-30k over list. Zero chance. The ads on line are dreamers chancing it.
If lucky they may hold their value for a while with just the first ones making a small premium.

If you do have a dead cert investment that will return me over 100% please get in touch straight away!
I don't know, I personally think it's (1) a very uncertain outcome, (2) way more luck than skill, (3) unnecessary complications for 5k. Respectfully, 5k is a very modest amount of money nowadays.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
I don't know, I personally think it's (1) a very uncertain outcome, (2) way more luck than skill, (3) unnecessary complications for 5k. Respectfully, 5k is a very modest amount of money nowadays.
I was not buying the car just to sell. I wanted the car but the market and world has changed.

Certain outcome -It will sell (maybe not at 20-30k over) But yes for 5k.

No luck involved or skill. Simple.

No complications at all- Be an early deposit payer. Get your car early. Sell it if you want to as its yours. No complications...

5k to place an advert to me is good money. Modest but still worth having.

Might be different Stateside, perhaps you do not get out of bed for less than a 100k. If so though you would not be looking for an Emira ;)