Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
With Lotus finance currently offering a balloon (guaranteed future value) of £46.5k after 4 years I can't see it losing 40% in 2 years but for anyone financing the car, if it does, then they've had a result
after one year is the biggest loss of course., less in the second and much less years 3 4 5, so I dont think close to 40% in 2 years is that big a deal. I bought a 6 series BMW 3 years old for 33% of its value new....
You generally lose a good 20% as you walk off the forecourt... VAT.....
try selling the car back to the dealer.... they cant touch it and if they did, they would want a good mark up away from VAT.

Time will tell...... I still think this yellow car is a bad example.... nimbus red or blue would have gone for at least 50k more.. haha

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It could have been better than 718 GT4.... but I agree, it arguably is not... at least on paper.
arguably.... its no where near close in terms of practicality or speed..... come on. a red line at 8300 or so and one at 6750.... You know this better than anyone

The next few months are going to be very interestingggggggg

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
after one year is the biggest loss of course., less in the second and much less years 3 4 5, so I dont think close to 40% in 2 years is that big a deal. I bought a 6 series BMW 3 years old for 33% of its value new....
You generally lose a good 20% as you walk off the forecourt... VAT.....
try selling the car back to the dealer.... they cant touch it and if they did, they would want a good mark up away from VAT.

Time will tell...... I still think this yellow car is a bad example.... nimbus red or blue would have gone for at least 50k more.. haha
And £75k more with the more desirable Sports suspension 😂

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
arguably.... its no where near close in terms of practicality or speed..... come on. a red line at 8300 or so and one at 6750.... You know this better than anyone

The next few months are going to be very interestingggggggg
It's true. Note I said could have been better... but it's not.

Looks cooler tho - :cool:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
special offer, you can buy my lightly used blacky greeny greyey one for 87.5k

can't say fairer than that!
I'd buy all of them in all the colors at that price, if it weren't because of tax to bring to Spain, and the little detail that the wheel is on the wrong side 😂

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess we've drifted off topic already but well...

I'm in the camp that the majority of pre-orders were flippers or people that enjoyed the feeling of soon-owning a mini supercar for the cost of a deposit.

Not worrying that they have a lot more to pay to actually get the car. Because everybody was raving about the car prices and certain ones fetching overs like never before. So the reaction was a bit like the late to the party Bitcoin folks being worried to miss the next big thing. A gold rush.
Also think of the perception of Emira with the die-hard Chapman fans. They did not like the car. It was no longer the affordable, lightweight racecar for the road.

But there will definitely be the enthusiasts like myself and others that wanted to own and drive the new Lotus product. But I would say latest shortly after Goodwood a very high amount of deposits were coming from people that were considering cancelling from the beginning. Putting 2500£ on a credit card and thinking that you can still cancel can give a big part of the sensation of taking delivery of your new, rare and hyped sportscar with supercar looks.

Probably enough people will cancel so every enthusiast can get his car immediately. Lotus starts building lower number special editions in Hethel to satisfy the die-hards and the majority of the production will happen in China for the mass-models.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would quite happily buy a 6 month old FE in July for £70k. In fact this auction result has cheered me up, having received an email, last week telling me that I had to wait until Q2 2024, I've been miserable as sin. It's good that'll weed out the flippers/ investors so the people that want to own and drive an Emira can do so sooner at a reasonable price to boot.
Im with you... Save the wait! And maybe save some £!

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMO the CC sale price was actually ok at circa 10% over list price (looking at what the buyer paid with fees added) and the fact that there were at least a handful of bidders prepared to pay very close to that.

It reaffirms that really early resales will make a slight margin but in all probability, most sales in the first 12 months will be close to list price, perhaps a slight dip to mid £70's but probably not low £70's

I think most early orders (first 1000 UK or so) were probably enthusiasts, then maybe a few flippers jumped onto the bandwagon due to healthy state of economy, low interest rates, high values for used cars etc, but probably not that many. These few flippers will now probably cancel.

However I think quite a few early deposits (lest call them the enthusiasts) in the UK have become lukewarm in the last 3-6 months due to a myriad of issues such as the economy diving, interest rates rising, mediocre reviews (certainly not glowing), underwhelming test drives, poor lotus comms, concerns over quality, plus the lengthy delays. These enthusiasts have stayed 'in' with the thought that they could keep the car a short time then sell it at no risk and possibly even get a small profit. These are the people most likely to be reconsidering pulling the plug, but I think the numbers are probably quite low in total.

The vast majority of other deposit holders (eg the porsche converts) are probably unaware of the CC auction anyway so will be carrying on regardless.

If and when these cars start turning up on autotrader at below list price, that is when the deposits will start to crumble.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
😂😂. I'm amazed it wasn't 10% of the value for a 6 series
it was a diesel convertible none the less.... ;)
IMO the CC sale price was actually ok at circa 10% over list price (looking at what the buyer paid with fees added) and the fact that there were at least a handful of bidders prepared to pay very close to that.

It reaffirms that really early resales will make a slight margin but in all probability, most sales in the first 12 months will be close to list price, perhaps a slight dip to mid £70's but probably not low £70's

I think most early orders (first 1000 UK or so) were probably enthusiasts, then maybe a few flippers jumped onto the bandwagon due to healthy state of economy, low interest rates, high values for used cars etc, but probably not that many. These few flippers will now probably cancel.

However I think quite a few early deposits (lest call them the enthusiasts) in the UK have become lukewarm in the last 3-6 months due to a myriad of issues such as the economy diving, interest rates rising, mediocre reviews (certainly not glowing), underwhelming test drives, poor lotus comms, concerns over quality, plus the lengthy delays. These enthusiasts have stayed 'in' with the thought that they could keep the car a short time then sell it at no risk and possibly even get a small profit. These are the people most likely to be reconsidering pulling the plug, but I think the numbers are probably quite low in total.

The vast majority of other deposit holders (eg the porsche converts) are probably unaware of the CC auction anyway so will be carrying on regardless.

If and when these cars start turning up on autotrader at below list price, that is when the deposits will start to crumble.
Yes I AGREE. the idea that there are 20 30 40% flippers is crazy. We have many many prereveal oorders on here, myself included and my intention was never to flip. However, factors, mainly lotus CS sucking any enjoyment out of the supposed special feeling of buying a car and add to that, its simply not as engaging for the senses as the car it replaces, well it makes you think. Dealer distances outside the UK and just seeing how badly Lotus operate again make me think twice, as does the idea of losing money on a new car, where there are options out there which wont lose so much and also be enjoyable.
I repeat, there are supposedly about 100 or more cars delivered across Europe, including the UK and this was all before CC, so where are all the flippers cars for sale that will now go running, why did they not try to sell first before the CC car, makes zero sense.
There will be a few, of course, but I agree, most sales and cancelations will be disolutioned customers who expected more from the car or/and more from Lotus. Ive never flipped a car in my life, but if I want to I will, does not make me a bad person or suddenly not a car enthusiast. Ive owned more 100% UK cars over the last 5 years than most do in their life time....
And yes, where is Leonard... I think he wants to sort out the other crap in his life before dealing with this crap...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I imagine the majority of sales were on PCP like for most manufacturers, used purchases at this price are in the main PCP. If that demographic hasn't got the cash to spend we will see values tumble.

Willma

Reaction score
special offer, you can buy my lightly used blacky greeny greyey one for 87.5k

can't say fairer than that!
Has it an orangey brown interior with a fluffy steering wheel which will age very badly?