Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

RafP

Reaction score
I finally earlier cancelled my Seneca blue that was due for Jan build and Feb delivery after my underwhelmed test drive a few weeks ago.

Final straw was with extra delays Lotus saying I couldn’t even switch tyres and if I wanted to switch back to original spec would be delayed to unknown date.

So anyone with a Seneca blue one on order may get a call soon.

Seeing that result glad I did now as based on that sale I can see them selling at 5-10% over list for a few months and as more land and come to market prices will soften, they always do and be ~10% under list by end of summer.

For one of the first cars at 10% overs with commission that’s not a great result.

In comparison I once had a new GT4 cost me £77k and I got offered £105k to part with it upon delivery (from a dealer around 35% overs). They were selling for £115k at dealers for a few months (50%).

I kept for 18 months put 3k miles on it and sold for a £20k profit (25%).

In the current climate and on basis of quite a few luke warm responses it’s a risky one for sure unless it’s a keeper.

I was a cash buyer. Any anyone doing it with finance is going to have a double whammy of high rates and depreciating asset. Would be much safer with something towards bottom of curve. Many out there are a better drive…

Yellow Emira

Reaction score
I'm very happy with that result. First car up and I know of 1 other thats been and gone already for £92k. Mainly interested in what the buyer paid not what the seller has got due to auction fees. thanks for the seller for setting the price (y) £10k profit from £5k is great. They should have just put it on auto trader for £90-£95k instead of being greedy with £105k.

Yellow Emira

Reaction score
Unless you know the personal circumstances the seller as offered it for sale?
Everyone has their reasons and should ignore any hate from people commenting from the outside. I bet most of them would give the car away in an instance if they were offered that money.

RafP

Reaction score
I'm very happy with that result. First car up and I know of 1 other thats been and gone already for £92k. Mainly interested in what the buyer paid not what the seller has got due to auction fees. thanks for the seller for setting the price (y) £10k profit from £5k is great. They should have just put it on auto trader for £90-£95k instead of being greedy with £105k.

10% - £8k profit over the on the road price on one of first market should be a warning for anyone buying just to flip.

You won’t be alone and as more hit the market prices will be less than the first cars to market, that’s proven time and time again. Especially as many buyers at this level are finance buyers. Perfect storm with 8.9 %Apr

Seems Lotus haven’t lucked out on the timing. And their poor comms and build slot allocation approach has alienated allot of prior die hard customers.

After driving it I was going to get in Feb, use for a bit a flip at start of summer. I know a few who were and now cancelling / already cancelled = expect allot of people to get pull forward calls in the coming days!

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View from the other side: I paid a catalog price of EUR 102,000 incl. 21% VAT for my Emira incl. black pack, alcantara steering wheel and transport to CZ. That's £88,000 at today's rate. From my point of view, the Emira sold at CC for approx. its (EU) list price.

Last edited:

Willma

Reaction score
I think it'll depreciate in a very similar way to every other Lotus. It'll have OK residuals but you're still going to see 6 month old V6 FEs at around £70k by July next year and heading towards 50% of list by 3 years old.
I would quite happily buy a 6 month old FE in July for £70k. In fact this auction result has cheered me up, having received an email, last week telling me that I had to wait until Q2 2024, I've been miserable as sin. It's good that'll weed out the flippers/ investors so the people that want to own and drive an Emira can do so sooner at a reasonable price to boot.