Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Friend of mine in the trade sent me this earlier. Not a great mark-up on this one, 6k loss if it goes for reserve!
Interesting. Would be good to hear if it sells and what for, as I think that’s a trade-only auction.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Friend of mine in the trade sent me this earlier. Not a great mark-up on this one, 6k loss if it goes for reserve!
I guess the idea is it wont.....
also buyer pays commission of what %... so even at 76 its probably 80 k,

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Motorway are putting a base estimate of 74k on the vantage I test drove yesterday, which is for sale for 86k at the dealer

Hence I’d assume they figure the emira is worth a similar amount on the forecourt .

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I wonder how much a Lotus dealer would pay for one of these. If they aren't prepared to buy one new
from a customer perhaps that sends a signal about how the trade views the desirability of the Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think that's a forum members car isn't it?

It's @tony12345 's car - the picture in the advert is the same as one in his first post about taking delivery:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I should know exactly what it costs the buyer later today, 14 bids by 12:00 apparently so a good level of interest. Auction finishes at 15:00 I think.

Which one are you refering to? I wanna watch the action.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a trade-only auction site, so bidding only visible to dealers.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not arguing at all, its an interesting discussion, which we will have to wait a few weeks to see the results. However, I think my car with tax and delivery, dont forget thats all extra.. NOT INCLUDED on the website price.... comes to about 84k and maybe even 85k if factory collection. No one is getting a car at 79k.... its just misleading the number on the website. So lets look at 84k.

We are talking about car companies raising their prices, porsche have done so more than once already... factory inflation figures around 20%, much higher than consumer inflation. Interest rates to get a loan now heading to 10.12% and maybe 15% by the time some people get their hands on these cars, hence much better now than in the future.

In THEORY...these FE cars already have a built in saving of about 2500 pounds for all the crap they give us, some of which we would not choose.
You have to assume my 84k FE car will in 6 months cost much closer to 87k....? Seems high, maybe a 5% rise.

So all this badly organized (saturday morning) facts and opinions, plus beating a 15 month waiting list, having the latest/coolest car on the market, only gives a mark up of 2 3 thousand to a current buyer...
I feel the opposite, I would be amazed if a car went for 90k.... and would be disappointed to only get 95k.
Its going to be interesting, but we may never know truthfully how much this car goes for.... plus its yellow, which looks great, but it simply is not going to be a high value colour in my opinion. Its like a bright green porsche, may look good or not, but used buyers want the regular boring blues, greys etc...

LETS see what happensssssss
Not sure I agree with this but being a Hethel i4 depositor I’m bound to say that. Porsches tend to go for boring colours but lotus a different brand. I think yellow and blue are the best in the current line up. Being honest I would prefer some of the colours yet to come / offered in Exige / Evora.

As it stands I’m due to be one of the very first i4 customers. Had a call off lotus this week asking whether I would consider a V6 in similar spec for an early delivery to which I declined.

Market a crazy place right now and as stated interest rates only going one way. Exige still commanding strong money. That said like Porsche “GT range” cars are glacially slow sellers

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
New car market getting slow, a M4 Coupe at 15% discount, unregistered to spec. This week. Rolls Royce Cullinan at massive £xxxxx discount, very popular with Lotus owners, you could buy 4 Emiras or more for a Cullinan.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
1. I have no friends...
2. Yes..... correct everything else.
Have had one person contact me of interest so far in 1 month, but up until last week, there were no cars in Spain at all....

WIthout the dealer doing some major promoting for the car/brand, I dont think they will sell many at all!
They really need a showroom in Barcelona / Madrid / Marbella if they are to get any sort of sales in this country, so far, not so good, but at 112k, it is right at Spyder money and virtually the same availability, and instead of just one Lotus dealer, you have around 40 Porsche dealers.... no competition.
I’ll be your friend.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ok, the red Spain is our friend @emiraspain . He is not sure what to do with himself 🤣
The second one from UnoAuto, simply doesn't exist. It's a company that just posts anything new in the market like if they had it. Completely fake, doesn't count
The ones in Italy, on the other hand, look like straight from 2 Lotus official dealers. Strange the price, no markup on new and available? Hmmm
Yeah no markup, I actually put a deposit for one of them (from Italy) and next week on Friday I got a test drive. They are only for the Italian market and they stated that they will only sell and register the car for Italian citizens and only in Italy.
All of their cars are supposed to come between January and April and they actually have 4 cars (3MT and 1AT, all V6s). Italy is a rough market that’s why I assume there isn’t any markup on the cars.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with this but being a Hethel i4 depositor I’m bound to say that. Porsches tend to go for boring colours but lotus a different brand. I think yellow and blue are the best in the current line up. Being honest I would prefer some of the colours yet to come / offered in Exige / Evora.

As it stands I’m due to be one of the very first i4 customers. Had a call off lotus this week asking whether I would consider a V6 in similar spec for an early delivery to which I declined.

Market a crazy place right now and as stated interest rates only going one way. Exige still commanding strong money. That said like Porsche “GT range” cars are glacially slow sellers
you are right, lotus is a different brand and historically more adventurous, certainly with the Elise..not so much with the evora in terms of colurs, BUT..now its going to be full of porsche buyers.. so that may bland down the colours a bit.
Im still trying to choose the colour of my caterham...do I really want toxic nuclear green or prostitute red....

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
you are right, lotus is a different brand and historically more adventurous, certainly with the Elise..not so much with the evora in terms of colurs, BUT..now its going to be full of porsche buyers.. so that may bland down the colours a bit.
Im still trying to choose the colour of my caterham...do I really want toxic nuclear green or prostitute red....
I’m a bright coloured kind of guy so they appeal to me…

Attachments

• B08D1F67-A3C4-4CDC-AA2A-BCD664592281.jpeg
    B08D1F67-A3C4-4CDC-AA2A-BCD664592281.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 31

1500 GT

Reaction score
Interesting. Would be good to hear if it sells and what for, as I think that’s a trade-only auction.
It sold for £85,000 hammer price plus fees of approx £750 so by the time it’s collected it will probably stand the dealer at £86k. Imagine it will appear on a forecourt very soon with a nice mark up. Quick £5k profit for the first owner though.