Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah no markup, I actually put a deposit for one of them (from Italy) and next week on Friday I got a test drive. They are only for the Italian market and they stated that they will only sell and register the car for Italian citizens and only in Italy.
All of their cars are supposed to come between January and April and they actually have 4 cars (3MT and 1AT, all V6s). Italy is a rough market that’s why I assume there isn’t any markup on the cars.
This is very interesting.
Does this mean that the dealers in Italy did not manage to get deposits and sell in advance the allocation for FE V6?
Or Lotus has given the Italian market much more allocations that they could sell the first year?
Or have the dealers not offered to the customers all the allocations, and reserve for themselves some extra for this moment?
i don't know how many allocations Lotus gave for the Dealerships in Italy, if we kew it would give some perspective of why these two cars appear on the market from the dealers at this early stage.

As an example, for 2022 there were only 12 allocations for Spanish market FE, including the Demos, and they were all taking by end of 2021, and only one Demo out of all delivered in Nov 22 so far.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It sold for £85,000 hammer price plus fees of approx £750 so by the time it’s collected it will probably stand the dealer at £86k. Imagine it will appear on a forecourt very soon with a nice mark up. Quick £5k profit for the first owner though.
Hardly worth the risk for £5k. Not awe inspiring. And that's with zero cars on the road in the UK...

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Why would you sell it through a trade only auction? Surely they would have got a better price through an open to all auction site like collecting cars?
exactly... unless the person is in the trade....
but of course, an easy sell, guaranteed payment, no hassle, no tyre kickers, time wasters, but hence only 3k profit.
People are forgetting this is NOT a 79k car.... taxes and delivery and some extras mean its closer to 83!

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
exactly... unless the person is in the trade....
but of course, an easy sell, guaranteed payment, no hassle, no tyre kickers, time wasters, but hence only 3k profit.
People are forgetting this is NOT a 79k car.... taxes and delivery and some extras mean its closer to 83!

OTR is 79.5k in the uk from the lotus website

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It sold for £85,000 hammer price plus fees of approx £750 so by the time it’s collected it will probably stand the dealer at £86k. Imagine it will appear on a forecourt very soon with a nice mark up. Quick £5k profit for the first owner though.
Thanks for the info. Spec on that car would be £80,715, a bit more if it has a tracker. It'll be interesting to see which dealer lists it and what the asking price is.

V6 FE with full black pack - price.JPG

Bertelli

Reaction score
Very odd place to sell it. Collecting Cars is the obvious choice for such a rare car.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Very odd place to sell it. Collecting Cars is the obvious choice for such a rare car.
exactly..
also, as there is only ONE other car for sale in the UK at 105, it would be crazy to sell for less than 100k. I guess they will advertise it for closer to 105 than to 95.
Its also blue, the marketing colour, which always sells better....

we will see...

1500 GT

Reaction score
Very strange to put it on Motorway as although generally a better price than WBAC.com still only achieving trade. Encouraging start though as it shows dealer interest and it will most likely pop up with a £95k screen price as Mctaff has already said.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That exactly what I thought they would be going for.
If I do change my mind i dont think its worth my time to sell it fwd. Rather just give up my place to someone else in line

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is very interesting.
Does this mean that the dealers in Italy did not manage to get deposits and sell in advance the allocation for FE V6?
Or Lotus has given the Italian market much more allocations that they could sell the first year?
Or have the dealers not offered to the customers all the allocations, and reserve for themselves some extra for this moment?
i don't know how many allocations Lotus gave for the Dealerships in Italy, if we kew it would give some perspective of why these two cars appear on the market from the dealers at this early stage.

As an example, for 2022 there were only 12 allocations for Spanish market FE, including the Demos, and they were all taking by end of 2021, and only one Demo out of all delivered in Nov 22 so far.
I don’t really know the detail as I haven’t asked but I will gladly will when I’ll be there and meet their English speaker (they got only one guy lol and I’m still learning Italian), but my guess would be your third guess that the dealer didn’t offer the allocations up until not so long ago, I just don’t think they reserved them for them selfs as there isn’t any markup.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
If I do change my mind i dont think its worth my time to sell it fwd. Rather just give up my place to someone else in line
but thats trade.. its nothing to do with private.
they guy may have needed the VAT..... right off...who knows, but it doesnt effect the retail price on the fivecourt ...
Lets see during Nov December how much real people actually pay for them. So far we still only have one retail car available for 105k.
This car will be up for at least 100k, mark my letters and numbers...
When we get passed 5 cars sold, then we can realistically start to draw some conclusions.
its not a gt3 or ANYTHING like it... but it should make a decent profit for a few months..and then its spring/summer weather... after that, I think it will indeed loose money..

We need to open a book on this and place our bets :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
but thats trade.. its nothing to do with private.
they guy may have needed the VAT..... right off...who knows, but it doesnt effect the retail price on the fivecourt ...
Lets see during Nov December how much real people actually pay for them. So far we still only have one retail car available for 105k.
This car will be up for at least 100k, mark my letters and numbers...
When we get passed 5 cars sold, then we can realistically start to draw some conclusions.
its not a gt3 or ANYTHING like it... but it should make a decent profit for a few months..and then its spring/summer weather... after that, I think it will indeed loose money..

We need to open a book on this and place our bets :)
Yup but you won't be selling a 90k car private. 90% buyers will want it funded, px etc.
I feel it will be similar pattern to the Yaris 20% overs amd not selling. More and more cars coming to market and then them finding their level at 6-10% over.
Good for residuals in general if that is the case though. Could be a cheap 12 months motoring

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's getting riskier by the week to expect to be able to get a high premium. Economy getting tougher, finance rates increasing, weather getting more wintry, mixed feedback from customer test drives, increase in cancellations.

It's interesting Lotus are now offering V6 cancellation slots to i4 deposit holders. That suggests they're struggling to find people in the V6 queue who want to jump forward.

I think we'll see 5 or so early cars sell for £100k between now and Christmas, then another 10ish in Jan/Feb at £95k. By Spring the markup will only be about £5k. Soon after, people will be more inclined to cancel and get their deposit back than risk being left holding the car or selling it at/below list.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yup but you won't be selling a 90k car private. 90% buyers will want it funded, px etc.
I feel it will be similar pattern to the Yaris 20% overs amd not selling. More and more cars coming to market and then them finding their level at 6-10% over.
Good for residuals in general if that is the case though. Could be a cheap 12 months motoring
I think you will...for the 1st 10.... we shall see.
agree are looking at cash buyers, but those willing to pay 10/20% over odds to get a car instead of waiting 15 months, have the cash.... I would say.
Cant look at the forum as a good base group... too many ex lotus owners and too many from the east midlands.. haha
we are looking at the 5-10% as you say ... and they have the dosh.... they are not under the cosh.....they are not out at the weekend with a bucket giving the car a wash..... you may think all I say is a load of tosh.... but in reality I speak as much sense as a cars engine management system made by.......

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Or kick it down the road for a base I4... Options options..

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is the car in the 'must have' catorgary to command a significant premium? Not sure given the economic background..

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think it's getting riskier by the week to expect to be able to get a high premium. Economy getting tougher, finance rates increasing, weather getting more wintry, mixed feedback from customer test drives, increase in cancellations.

It's interesting Lotus are now offering V6 cancellation slots to i4 deposit holders. That suggests they're struggling to find people in the V6 queue who want to jump forward.

I think we'll see 5 or so early cars sell for £100k between now and Christmas, then another 10ish in Jan/Feb at £95k. By Spring the markup will only be about £5k. Soon after, people will be more inclined to cancel and get their deposit back than risk being left holding the car or selling it at/below list.
But why has the original owner sold it ? when he said he was so happy with it ? So that’s two owners that have had them 5 mins used and then sold on ? Doesn’t sound good were they so disappointed in the car ?