• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Vs Exige cup 430

Emira Bah

Reaction score
hello everyone, i am pretty much new when it comes the the world of lotus, so my background with regards to their cars is limited at best. I actually became a fan boy bandwagon admirer of Lotus when i first saw the Emira, that opened up a whole new world for me on the world of Lotus. Ever since i came across the Emira, it checked a lot of boxes for me and i just had to have it, until i came across the Exige cup 430, that car is breathless as well. Now i do know that each car is in a different category all together, one is a touring GT car with all the creature comforts, and can be daily or semi daily driven, and the other one is an absolute track beast, but the question is still there, would most go with the Emira or the 430 cup. I am torn right now both cars are breath taking, styling is an absolute beast, as Lotus have done near perfect job on both cars. Im still trying to weigh the pros and cons, if anyone can help me out and chime in.

Many Thanks.

SilvesterZ

Reaction score
I have a 430Cup and placed a deposit to get an Emira (AMG).
You should do the same....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What are your requirements? The Exige is a stunning track machine but if you were going to use it for your daily commute in stop start traffic, to pop to the shops or long road trips with a partner you might find it harder to live with.

The Emira will be a great all rounder. Capable as a daily driver, comfortable on long road trips, practical (ish!) to take to the shops or a weekend away. And still very capable on track.

I have an Evora, which is very similar to where the Emira is pitched and a great all rounder. I'm lucky to also have an S1 Exige, which is even less practical than the 430 Cup but is an occasion every time I drive it. If I could only have one I'd have the Evora (to be replaced by the Emira), because that best suits my requirements.

OP
E

Emira Bah

Reaction score
What are your requirements? The Exige is a stunning track machine but if you were going to use it for your daily commute in stop start traffic, to pop to the shops or long road trips with a partner you might find it harder to live with.

The Emira will be a great all rounder. Capable as a daily driver, comfortable on long road trips, practical (ish!) to take to the shops or a weekend away. And still very capable on track.

I have an Evora, which is very similar to where the Emira is pitched and a great all rounder. I'm lucky to also have an S1 Exige, which is even less practical than the 430 Cup but is an occasion every time I drive it. If I could only have one I'd have the Evora (to be replaced by the Emira), because that best suits my requirements.
Thank you very much for your insight, i guess my requirements are semi daily, as i already have a daily driver, so semi daily/weekend or special occasions.

P.S wont be tracking the car much as not really down my lane.

SilvesterZ

Reaction score
Give us a tenner
Sorry for my answer, I did not want to offend someone.
The Exige 430 Cup is a monster. Fun, power,loud but not good for a bank robbery.
Getting in and getting out is difficult. The trunk is very small. It's a streets legal racing car.
Die Emira seems to be the better allrounder. Die Exige is the Extremist.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry for my answer, I did not want to offend someone.
The Exige 430 Cup is a monster. Fun, power,loud but not good for a bank robbery.
Getting in and getting out is difficult. The trunk is very small. It's a streets legal racing car.
Die Emira seems to be the better allrounder. Die Exige is the Extremist.
:D lol don't worry English humour. No hate, all good , happy for you and if I could have both I would! Bet Exige is amazingly focused

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Have owned a few Exiges up to the Sport 380 but never reached the giddy heights of the cup 430. Love the Exiges but in reality for fast road use my Evoras were better planted , so expect the Emira to be the same. The Exiges were much better on track vs Evora , so I really don’t see the Emira as a track car .

I did drive my Exige V6S from UK to Switzerland in relative comfort, so you can tour in the cars, but the Evoras were on a different level for creature comforts . Test drive both with view the Emira will be pretty close to the Evora, from which you can then make an informed decision.