• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Vampyre

Reaction score
Having all these in my driveway, I can tell you they are all different and neither a replacement for the other. You either get it or you don't.

1-jpg.1363438

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Got to the end of this and found myself nonplussed and wondering if I had accidentally skipped over the "technically deep" section that benefited from having direct "engineering support" from Lotus... maybe I set my expectations incorrectly when they said they got people from Lotus involved 🤷‍♂️

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didn’t feel Mark was enthused with the Emira at all. His prior Exige ownership probably has a negative bias for him with this car. He didn’t say much in the review imo… and that tells me a lot about how he sees the Lotus brand. When he likes a car he is much more excited about it in reviews, and actually defends its positive aspects to Jack. He was noticeably subdued in this review.

They also mentioned the HVAC problem. This HVAC thing is not an issue in the minority. I’m convinced it affects every car delivered thus far.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I find Savagegeese very dull without enough focus on the driving experience for my tastes, although I appreciate their technical details. Was going to give their Emira review a chance, but sounds like it's not worth it.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just watched the review and my feeling is the guys REALLY wanted to give Lotus and the Emira a stellar review...but just couldn't b/c of the production quality and reliability issues that have been addressed here on the forum extensively.

They were almost BEGGING Lotus to get its act together...the ghosted message to Lotus was "You guys are SOOOOO CLOSE to producing a phenomenal sports car. Just get your act together and fix a few production problems and you've got a world beater!!!"

Its to be expected...New car, new car problems. Lotus doesn't have hundreds to engineers to test, evaluate, analysis and fix problems that crop up like major manufacturers. They probably have a very small team of engineers who spent a few months working out the kinks. The current process for feedback and implementing corrective actions into the production process is probably based on dealer / warranty data. So fixing known issues is slow and ineffective. Its just a function of Lotus' bench depth. They'll get it sorted, but its just taking more time than it should.
The car delivery was delayed three years. They have had three extra years to sort out the problems. If that was not enough time to sort out things do not count on it ever happening.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The car delivery was delayed three years. They have had three extra years to sort out the problems. If that was not enough time to sort out things do not count on it ever happening.
TBH, I'm subconsciously putting my faith in the Lotus community and aftermarket... which is probably fine for mechanicals, maybe ok for physically-induced electronic gremlins, and 😬 for any lingering software issues. And the paint blister thing just makes me curl up in a ball if I think about it too long.

On the upside... handover day in less than 2 weeks! 🎉 🥳 la-la-la-la-la-i-can't-hear-you

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've got a different point of view, after watching this SavageGeese long-awaited (by some) Emira review:

-I thought they provided some technical details but perhaps some expected more and different, since what they shared has already been said by others. It sounds like Lotus gave them similar information, compared to what Lotus told others. But if you haven't watched all the other reviews, theirs provides good info

-I thought their review was somewhat positive. They repeatedly described the Emira as a "special car" however pointed out it came with what they saw as the "usual Lotus baggage" of potential problems that caused them to suggest anyone not wanting to take a chance or put up with those problems, should stick with other vehicle manufacturers like Porsche

-a few "quotes":

1. exterior: "it's not something we normally talk about on SavageGeese; it's subjective, BUT I will say it's one of the best things about this car. It's incredibly striking" (coming from the design of the 2 million BP Lotus Evija EV supercar)

2. interior: good visibility; good headroom; better build quality than prior Lotus

3. (and finally, my favorite): "incredibly special car and if you're willing to look through some of the compromises (the Lotus stuff), you'll really love this thing. There's nothing else like it; there is not another mid-engine double-wishbone manual on the market. This makes a C8 feel like an S-Class" [meaning more raw and less refined] (see ~ 19:30)

So I enjoyed the review and think it worth a look. The C8 comparison (I owned a 2020 and now own a 2023 C8 Corvette) hit home personally and validated my purchase of the Emira. My 2 cents.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's an absolutely stellar review. Really excellent perspective.
Yes, especially in regards to what he's driven the weeks before, a Cayman GTS 4.0.

It's a real fresh view on ICE sportscars by a car guy who usually reviews EVs. This gives the whole review another twist or tweak that was new to me, but I can totally relate to what he says.

And this also reveals where all the other reviews fall short when comparing the numbers, especially on the track or acceleration times compared, this will not matter in the future as all the EVs can already now accelerate harder, but it's all to the way a sportscar makes you feel, when you're on it in the canyons. And that's where the Emira shines and will continue to do so in several years time, because driving dynamics is timeless.

A driver's car will always make fun because of that and the Emira has it in spades.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dont understand why all of the reviews ignore the rear shelf space.
Yeah I was watching him put that carry-on into the passenger side footwell, and wondering why he didn't put it behind the seat? Move the seat forward a bit if necessary, and it should fit.

Reactions: ADC

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Yeah I was watching him put that carry-on into the passenger side footwell, and wondering why he didn't put it behind the seat? Move the seat forward a bit if necessary, and it should fit.
I know, right? I don’t understand why most reviewers lament the lack of a frunk, when there’s a perfectly good storage area behind the seats; which I could argue is more convenient and has more storage volume than any frunk an Emira might have.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know, right? I don’t understand why most reviewers lament the lack of a frunk, when there’s a perfectly good storage area behind the seats; which I could argue is more convenient and has more storage volume than any frunk an Emira might have.

I think honestly they simply don't understand it intuitively as luggage space. I remember similar disbelief years ago when storing relatively large things things behind the bench seat of a pickup truck, people just don't visualize it until they see something in there.

And it's the same reason that probably none of them have ever gotten into the back of a 911. It's not that it's not possible, it just doesn't occur to someone as a thing you can do until the need is present.

Reactions: ADC

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And what they don't mention is that the reason it doesn't have a frunk is a good one: it would be almost impossible to package with double wishbone front suspension and the very low bonnet line. The Cayman makes do with cheapo MacPherson struts, ditto the 992. Double wishbones are by far the purer engineering solution and Porsche only gives you them on the GT3.