Emira production is underway

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe they just didn't want to create this kind of attention. They already have way more orders than they could handle.
That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a marketing campaign that is too successful. if they don't want any more attention why have car reviews at all? Might as well cancel all the demo cars and incoming production car reviews if they have "more orders than they can handle"

I get that people are passionate about the car and this is an Emira Forum but it's ok to be objective now and again. Taking screenshots of a Facebook video or paying freelance artists to photoshop pictures isn't in any world the right way to picture the colour of a car you just spent the best part of a 100K on.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That makes no sense. There's no such thing as a marketing campaign that is too successful. if they don't want any more attention why have car reviews at all? Might as well cancel all the demo cars and incoming production car reviews if they have "more orders than they can handle"

I get that people are passionate about the car and this is an Emira Forum but it's ok to be objective now and again. Taking screenshots of a Facebook video or paying freelance artists to photoshop pictures isn't in any world the right way to picture the colour of a car you just spent the best part of a 100K on.
My newly found positivity levels are waning.
I could accept it if they have a good reason and are up front about it.
I'm thinking maybe they have some grand reveal planned of all the colours on Topgear etc V formation, Red Arrows flying over, Union Jack's hoisted and fluttering etc etc...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

If Lotus keep doing what they are doing then they will lose orders, not gain them.

Car deliveries moving from September to August already...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As I've said before, Lotus are losing control of how these colours are presented online and in print by not publishing their own pictures. It therefore means these leaks and poor quality images are all that people can rely on beyond the configurator.

Their approach seems to be "it's too hard to do decent photos of them so we will just release the configurator". It doesn't make sense, as photos are going to come anyway. They'd have been better off taking hundreds of pictures in different lighting conditions and showing how much the colours vary.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
As I've said before, Lotus are losing control of how these colours are presented online and in print by not publishing their own pictures. It therefore means these leaks and poor quality images are all that people can rely on beyond the configurator.

Their approach seems to be "it's too hard to do decent photos of them so we will just release the configurator". It doesn't make sense, as photos are going to come anyway. They'd have been better off taking hundreds of pictures in different lighting conditions and showing how much the colours vary.
I dont think I've ever experienced anything like this before in regards to the brand not supplying the basics when purchasing a car.
It just means that I'm apprehensive about my purchase, rather than excited for delivery ☹️
Being in love with the looks is as important at this level as the drive.
Surely Lotus get that?
I feel trapped in my purchase now. Accept something I'm possibly not happy with, or put back to September. The latter isn't an option for me, I'd just cancel and buy a Porsche now before summer price rises (and the recent stopped production due to Ukraine crisis #perspective 🇺🇦 )

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm so confused.

So why are prototypes used for auto journalist reviews if production versions are available?

Shouldn't they build a few production versions (if they are indeed ready) for journalists to review?

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe it's a ploy to get people to wait because they like the white haha

Cheaper than starting a 2nd shift!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I dont think I've ever experienced anything like this before in regards to the brand not supplying the basics when purchasing a car.
It just means that I'm apprehensive about my purchase, rather than excited for delivery ☹️
Surely Lotus get that?
I feel trapped in my purchase now. Accept something I'm possibly not happy with, or put back to September. The latter isn't an option for me, I'd just cancel and buy a Porsche now before summer price rises (and the recent stopped production due to Ukraine crisis #perspective 🇺🇦 )
Same here... one minute I'm excited by Nimbus, next thing I'm seeing so much beige in this video it looks like an old Lexus colour. I prefer the configurator but not so much the colour still from this video.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm so confused.

So why are prototypes used for auto journalist reviews if production versions are available?

Shouldn't they build a few production versions (if they are indeed ready) for journalists to review?
Because the reviews were done a number of weeks ago before there were any production cars ready. Production car reviews to follow, in another 3-4 weeks I believe.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Same here... one minute I'm excited by Nimbus, next thing I'm seeing so much beige in this video it looks like an old Lexus colour. I prefer the configurator but not so much the colour still from this video.
In homage to the Mass Trespass of Kinder Scout on 24th April 1932, leading to the abolition of closed public access to areas of open country side. We should get all of the June/July deposit holders together and hop on some buses 🚌 🚌 🚌 🚌 🚌 🚌 to Hethel, demanding access to the 5 elusive FE colours. Sure we can sort that all out within 6 weeks 😉

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Have we seen the Hethel yellow?
I thought I read somewhere that the China showroom model was a different yellow?
I said we should be cautious about the China cars. I know the wheel finishes are incorrect and so it is also possible the body colours aren't accurate. The configurator is good on Hethel Yellow - as a non-metallic paint it's easier for a computer to render.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I said we should be cautious about the China cars. I know the wheel finishes are incorrect and so it is also possible the body colours aren't accurate. The configurator is good on Hethel Yellow - as a non-metallic paint it's easier for a computer to render.
Once again another lotus picture.... and not the EMIRA ...... On Lotus facebook page today an hour ago
275483634_5277192598991809_2350589009600964544_n.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Evija deliveries start in June, they need to keep doing teasers for those deposit holders too ;)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Guessing they not sold them all..... any chance of a discount ........ not good, not selling out your 2m flag ship car. :(
You might be right Andrew but with the Evija being a halo car they will use every opportunity to pump out info about it, regardless of whether they are all sold or not. Part of the whole "New Lotus" PR drive.

It's really a hybrid - half car, half marketing tool!:ROFLMAO:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You might be right Andrew but with the Evija being a halo car they will use every opportunity to pump out info about it, regardless of whether they are all sold or not. Part of the whole "New Lotus" PR drive.

Yep..... big look what we can do party...... :ROFLMAO:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Great testbed for their EV tech as well 👏

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Evija deliveries start in June, they need to keep doing teasers for those deposit holders too ;)
No they don’t. Those folks aren’t at all caring about the tease pics. They want their cars to be quality.

Ok maybe they do but I can still want Emira FE DV pics from Lotus. So there!

:)

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Remember Type 132 reveal is coming on 29 March, so of course they are reminding people about EV capability

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Surely Lotus get that?
Oh come on Mr Grumpy Pants lol