Emira Issues - from final production cars

Sport190

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Software problem!
Park and lock the car, wait 15 minutes, unlock and start the car, and everything will be fine for the next few houres, days, weeks...
Lotus know about the problem.
Cheers
Christian

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Add engine management light to that list...

Came on tonight on way home,unsure how long it had been on.
Parked up to open garage, turned car off , opened garage,turn cat back on,light gone....

The car hadn't been used for a week, I wonder if that contributed, but still wouldn't expect the engine light to come on one of these,new Toyota units...

Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same?

Attachments

• 20230220_182200.jpg
    20230220_182200.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 124

jcyl

Reaction score
Software problem!
Park and lock the car, wait 15 minutes, unlock and start the car, and everything will be fine for the next few houres, days, weeks...
Lotus know about the problem.
Cheers
Christian
I hope so! I did tried to switch off engine and restarted at a traffic light …. 😅

Car is now in workshop doing ppf so will check it out when I collect in 3 days time and hope that issue is gone …. Or will it be the engine light this time …

Thanks guys

jcyl

Reaction score

Parked up to open garage, turned car off , opened garage,turn cat back on,light gone....

The car hadn't been used for a week, I wonder if that contributed, but still wouldn't expect the engine light to come on one of these,new Toyota units...

So we are expected to live with these glitches… forever?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So we are expected to live with these glitches… forever?
😬 If I can still drive it and I don't lose days in Lotus needing the car back then all is fine with me and I won't be bothered.

I did have a yellow warning light but it went today. I will keep an eye on things.
Only not perfect thing is how the left front disc looks but works fine.

There are few things that are more annoying. I will get to those in a video next week.
Nothing that affects how I feel about this amazing car though.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's Check Engine Light and similar to the "limp mode" or "reduced acceleration" warnings. It's an ECU fault already reported by several people and awaiting a software update by Lotus.

jcyl

Reaction score
That's Check Engine Light and similar to the "limp mode" or "reduced acceleration" warnings. It's an ECU fault already reported by several people and awaiting a software update by Lotus.
So advise once a new software update is available ….

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The software update was due in late January. Some dealers had it but were having difficulties getting it to install correctly, so I don't think it's being offered to people. @shaank may be able to provide more info from the recent update to his car.

Ftype

Reaction score
As someone who is going to store the car outside year round (garage not wide enough) this is a bit concerning.

Are wheel covers the answer? With the use of a dryer before covering if wet?
There are many reports of windows leaking leading to damp interiors and condensation in cold weather.
Might be best to keep it garaged and just use in the summer as apparently the windscreen wipers have been faulty on many cars.

Moderator note: awaiting verification of the reports of windows leaking

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There are many reports of windows leaking leading to damp interiors and condensation in cold weather.
Are there? I've heard of some poorly fitted window seals on the earlier cars but haven't heard of "many reports of windows leaking".

You've canceled your order and purchased a Porsche. Fine, that's a totally valid choice. But why do you keep coming back to this forum (9 posts) to tell us that you've canceled or to make negative comments about Lotus or the Emira?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a thought with regards to the wiper issue. Lotus may not have written the software. I believe they took that system from the Geely/Volvo parts bin, so they may be waiting on those guys to troubleshoot the problem and update the software fix for it. If that's the case, that would explain the delay in a fix being issued.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Might be best to keep it garaged and just use in the summer as apparently the windscreen wipers have been faulty on many cars.
I have power washed it and aimed at the seals all around both doors..
No water ingress at all for me.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a thought with regards to the wiper issue. Lotus may not have written the software. I believe they took that system from the Geely/Volvo parts bin, so they may be waiting on those guys to troubleshoot the problem and update the software fix for it. If that's the case, that would explain the delay in a fix being issued.
Ah, not used wiper yet. I found in the rain at 105 mph it didn't need a wipe due to the aerodynamics. :love:

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi, could you provide a link to the reports of windows leaking. I follow many Lotus forums and social channels and have seen no mention of this.

A few people have been saying the windscreen can mist up easily, which may be due to the rake angle, but also saying it clears quickly.

Problems selecting fastest wiper speed is a known issue. Software fix due from Lotus.

Sizona

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My post few weeks ago about the light stalk not working as per the handbook seems to also be down to a software problem as well so my 'dealer' tells me. Software update due in April.

The '0' tab on the bottom of the light stalk should just be the DRL's on but does not seem to work. i.e. side lights, number plate lights and the green dash tell tale are always on when the engine is running. Also the RESET button on the end of the stalk does not clear Trip A as per the handbook instructions.

Well at least my car doesn't do above properly, I believe all the cars delivered are the same?

if any owners have the just the DRL's working be good to know, to add I think the DRL's are both front and rear lights not sure (but not number plate lights and green tell tale)

If above makes any sense!

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My post few weeks ago about the light stalk not working as per the handbook seems to also be down to a software problem as well so my 'dealer' tells me. Software update due in April.

The '0' tab on the bottom of the light stalk should just be the DRL's on but does not seem to work. i.e. side lights, number plate lights and the green dash tell tale are always on when the engine is running. Also the RESET button on the end of the stalk does not clear Trip A as per the handbook instructions.

Well at least my car doesn't do above properly, I believe all the cars delivered are the same?

if any owners have the just the DRL's working be good to know, to add I think the DRL's are both front and rear lights not sure (but not number plate lights and green tell tale)

Mines the same as your DRLS. Can confirm that resetting trip A is works. But somehow not trip B unless I’m doing the wrong thing.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can I remind everyone that the primary purpose of this thread is so Emira owners can report issues found on their cars. And also for potential solutions and interim fixes to be shared.

If you have spotted issues reported by owners on other forums then please provide a link.

This is not a thread for speculating about the causes of issues, unless you are offering that as part of explaining a possible solution.

Posts #1 and #2 are regularly updated with info from new posts in this thread, other issues-related threads and evidenced reports from other forums. Post #1 includes who has reported the issue and the number of reports received.

As I’ve said previously, if you are not an Emira owner or connected with Lotus HQ or dealers or servicing then please think carefully about the value of what you are posting in this thread.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Mine will clear trip A if I press and hold the reset button. Does take a few seconds of holding though.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Someone noticed a rough idle? I searched and only found someone mentioning it on a test drive.

Car pulls fine and doesn't seem to be affected in any other way. It's barely noticeable on the rpm band too, but I can feel it shaking. It only happened half a day or so after picking it up from the shop, wondering if some hose wasn't tightly re-fitted?

I'm lucky it's just a 20 minute ride from me, but I almost don't want to show up there yet again 😂