• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Emira insurance - best and worst UK insurers/quotes

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A big shout out to those of you that have your Emiras already, I am collecting mine this weekend but need to get insurance sorted first... can anybody recommend any insurers for the most affordable quotes please? I am male, 45, living in East Sussex, and hold a clean UK license, with no convictions :)

OP
GAVLA

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
£1400 with Manning but that includes my wife as a named driver and parking on the street until my driveway is finished
£803 renewal quote with Manning for my V6 with 4000 miles pa, NCB protected, wife as named driver, and street parking. I'm 45 with a clean license and live in Sussex. I paid £1431 last year :)

Last edited:

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Best on Money supermarket £618 , paid £520 last year with Manning. 8000 miles 60 years old, car on drive HG4 postcode, wife on policy. Tried Adrian Flux today , they were £1200. Quite a few online ones wont even insure it , and wont tell you why.

Waggers

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Worth trying Classicline - my renewal is due shortly with them so I will be testing that myself - but they did require tracker. Also if you need track cover, there is huge variation - Mannings as I understand it had some large claims a couple of years ago, which led to them severely limiting track cover for higher value cars. However, I still use Mannings for a track only (but road legal) car. Also watch out for whether you want courtesy car cover - often unnecessary if the Emira is not a daily driver, but I made the mistake of adding the family car to a policy of that nature a couple of years back, now corrected. Given general insurance rises in 2023 interested to see other responses as more renewals are made In 2024.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got fresh quotes (supposedly in build Feb/Mar, so checkout and delivery "soon"? who knows 🤷‍♂️) and, as a 44 y/o with clean license, in the Oxford area, I'm around the 600 mark for 6000 SDP miles, parked on drive, NCB protected, 250 volountary excess (going to zero volountary excess puts it up by about 80 quid). Seems not terrible, relatively speaking.

OP
GAVLA

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
£803 renewal quote with Manning for my V6 with 4000 miles pa, NCB protected, wife as named driver, and street parking. I'm 45 with a clean license and live in Sussex. I paid £1431 last year :)
I managed to get the quote down to £718 with Manning by increasing the mileage to 5000 pa, reducing the vehicle value to £80k and keeping the excess at £900. Really happy considering what it cost me to insure last year and how much most premiums have increased overall :)