• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Emira insurance - best and worst UK insurers/quotes

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A big shout out to those of you that have your Emiras already, I am collecting mine this weekend but need to get insurance sorted first... can anybody recommend any insurers for the most affordable quotes please? I am male, 45, living in East Sussex, and hold a clean UK license, with no convictions :)

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
£750 with admiral in the end. That’s 3000 miles a year. They found my “missing” 13 years no claims as well so I’ll take that as a win. Parked in the garage and tracker listed too

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tried to get a quote with Admiral today for my Auto (due to collect this Friday) however they said their pricing team need to upload Auto onto the system so I’ll have to wait for a call in the next 48 hours, are you lot with Admiral all Manual?

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried to get a quote with Admiral today for my Auto (due to collect this Friday) however they said their pricing team need to upload Auto onto the system so I’ll have to wait for a call in the next 48 hours, are you lot with Admiral all Manual?
I’m manual. I think most are

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Worlds gone to pot. So many car thefts at the moment. What pouch did he use? Whats the best one to get? I have been looking around but they are all huge!
I use these off Amazon - actually a phone pouch but works well.

Defender Signal Blocker - RFID Faraday Pouch - Phone Case Signal Blocking Device - Car Key Signal Blocker Pouch Security Case - Faraday Bag For Car Keys Mobile Phone Cards (2 x Pack, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/ci4Vm0s

Also a photo with Emira key for scale.

231351D5-CCC9-416E-8200-98556A6DA856.jpeg

Just seen they also do a mini. Handy if you want for just one key. I put both in one case.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes manual.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Worlds gone to pot. So many car thefts at the moment. What pouch did he use? Whats the best one to get? I have been looking around but they are all huge!
sorry should have posted earlier - he says it was a cheapie from that grotesque laviathon Borg like small business crushing nightmare i wont buy from.

Hope this helps

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I use these off Amazon - actually a phone pouch but works well.

Defender Signal Blocker - RFID Faraday Pouch - Phone Case Signal Blocking Device - Car Key Signal Blocker Pouch Security Case - Faraday Bag For Car Keys Mobile Phone Cards (2 x Pack, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/ci4Vm0s

Also a photo with Emira key for scale.

View attachment 25420

Just seen they also do a mini. Handy if you want for just one key. I put both in one case.
thanks, i'll take a look later and order one. probably the mini from the sounds of it, then im good for carparks etc

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Try Mannings, my auto is with them underwritten by LV. @TomE asked if people would quote Emira forum when speaking to Mannings. Auto quotes will be widely available at the start of next month when all the household name insurers undertake their monthly updates.
If you contact LV directly, they require a tracker, via Mannings tracker is not required, doesn't make any sense, but that is how it is!

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just tried Admiral. £1062.

47, clean licence, 10 years NCB but one accident (damage to my car only) January this year when I hit some black ice and ended up in the Armco barrier. Before that incident my quotes were looking at around 650-750.

The Emira is a second car, third in the household, so I put in 8000 miles but could possibly drop that a little but not sure it would make a huge amount of difference.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just tried Admiral. £1062.

47, clean licence, 10 years NCB but one accident (damage to my car only) January this year when I hit some black ice and ended up in the Armco barrier. Before that incident my quotes were looking at around 650-750.

The Emira is a second car, third in the household, so I put in 8000 miles but could possibly drop that a little but not sure it would make a huge amount of difference.
Have you tried a multicar policy to cover them all with one insurer ? It’s a bit of pain getting started but I have saved a lot once set up. I’m with Admiral FYI.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Problem is my other car is mildly modified so I need an insurer will to accept that (BMW 435d, engine remap, gearbox remap. suspension changed). All that, including the accident, is £750 with LV (was £500 pre accident) but LV want £1500 to add the Emira to a multicar.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A word of caution on multi policies. I put two motorcycles both with long no claims discounts into a multi bike policy as it was a good deal. Somewhat inevitably the following year it was not as competitive as two single policies but when I tried to take one off the multi policy I was told that the no claims discount applied to the policy and not the bikes, so if I take one out they won’t give me a letter confirming no claims. As it happens the new insurers did some thing called matching so I was ok, but it’s worth asking the question of what happens after the honeymoon.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A word of caution on multi policies. I put two motorcycles both with long no claims discounts into a multi bike policy as it was a good deal. Somewhat inevitably the following year it was not as competitive as two single policies but when I tried to take one off the multi policy I was told that the no claims discount applied to the policy and not the bikes, so if I take one out they won’t give me a letter confirming no claims. As it happens the new insurers did some thing called matching so I was ok, but it’s worth asking the question of what happens after the honeymoon.
Good advice. Thx. So far I have had good experience including them adding cars and giving long introductory NCB. But I will watch out !

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorting my insurance today. £1100 is the cheapest I found with Admiral. This is for the Auto, with the tracker. For comparison, my E300 Merc Cab' Auto, was £450, and the renewal was going to be £750! Shopping around might have dropped it a little.

Asking around, and it seems insurance in the UK has shot up, so expect to be fleeced! Also, track day insurance has gone up :( .

Spoke to Manning, after a recommendation from Tom on here, and they were very helpful. Track day insurance is priced per track and the driver track day experience. They no longer do 5 track days a year tacked onto your policy. For me, with zero experience wanting to go to Castle Combe, it's around £500 for the day! Interestingly he said Castle Combe is in the high-risk group with SPA and Nurburgring!?!? Lots of claims. Brands is currently a cheaper day out. Might be common knowledge for you guys, but thought I'd share it with fellow newbies like myself.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to ghet a quote for an i4 yet. All I am seeing is the v6. Lowest quote for me is around £650; 6k miles parked on drive herts aged 57 with wife 2nd driver.

Hoping the i4 will be a little cheaper

m30rpg

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So having just collected my car on Fri there, I had been getting quotes over the last few months and they ranged from £1050 to over £4k?? . Anyway settled with Admiral at £924 with Multicar policy vs then same gold cover at £1150 if I didnt - for ref, clean credit, & 7 years NCB driveway (garage use) but select driveway if not always in there, makes about £20 difference, 41, full comp with commuting - no track

Edinburgh based - location will factor in the price as well depending on postcode and crime in areas etc - most of edinburgh usually doesnt differ too much, as tried my address, parents and old - marginal difference.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I ended up with Admiral too but not on a multicar. My other car is modified and it didnt make sense price wise to use Admiral for them. Its really weird, LV is cheaper for my modified BMW at £750 but wanted about £1400 to add the emira to a multicar. Admiral insured the Emira for about £850 but wanted £1200 to add the BMW..

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but it would be good to hear what people are being quoted currently. I'm waiting on the i4 but as that's not found its way into the underwriters' books yet, I've been looking at the V6 auto as a guide. The best I've got so far from Compare the Market is £850 with a big excess: 53, good postcode, garaged, wife as named driver, 3 points.

It would be good to hear about any brokers that did better than that and wouldn't show up on the comparison sites. Thanks.