• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❔ QUESTION Emira insurance - best and worst UK insurers/quotes

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A big shout out to those of you that have your Emiras already, I am collecting mine this weekend but need to get insurance sorted first... can anybody recommend any insurers for the most affordable quotes please? I am male, 45, living in East Sussex, and hold a clean UK license, with no convictions :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I want to do a few track days a year. Is it loads more to add this to the insurance? Or better to just arrange the insurance on a track by track basis? Sorry if daft question, my first performance / track worthy car.
An inclusive policy with someone like Manning will give you 4-6 track days per year for an extra £50-100. Classicline include unlimited UK track days provided they are organised by a recognised owners club or track day organisation.

Getting separate insurance per track day is expensive, last time I checked it was £150-250 per day.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
An inclusive policy with someone like Manning will give you 4-6 track days per year for an extra £50-100. Classicline include unlimited UK track days provided they are organised by a recognised owners club or track day organisation.

Getting separate insurance per track day is expensive, last time I checked it was £150-250 per day.
Much better value then, as long as Manning do not overcharge the basic cover. I'll give them a look once i get closer to build slot. thanks!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Manning were cheapest with TDs for my Evora S and Exige.

Classicline were cheapest for my Evora GT430, like £600 cheaper than Manning. Worth shopping around. The included days and excess can vary a lot too. Some include a few non-UK days if you fancy Spa etc, or let you add for a small extra fee.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Picking my DV up from Hethel tomorrow so had to nail insurance today.

Secured a very reasonable £425.

I am 52, clean license, wife also driving, garaged, 15 yrs NCB. Note that the Tracker only made about £20 reduction.

This is the net premium on an Admiral multicar policy (net as in after the slight discounts you get on the other cars on the policy).

I had one other quote via a broker of £900. Same happened when I insured my GR Yaris - Admiral multicar was way cheaper.

I am not planning to track the Emira but if I do I will get one day cover (which is pricey at circa -£100-150).

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira is due at Rybrook Birmingham for collection of Friday but I have asked for it to go to Elite for full ppf (some of the tales of Emira owners made up my mind!) so I will collect the following Friday. I let my insurance on my S2000 expire in August 2021 (shortly after I sold it) so I will approach insurance with a little concern that it has been almost two years since I held car insurance in my own name (with a long NCB of 18 years), although I am a named driver on my wife's policy for her car. Hoping the majority of insurers will recognise the NCB. I don't need trdck insurance (I would hire a BaT Caterham again if I restarted track days) but I will be clearly declaring the ppf, particularly since I saw that thread on pistonheads relating to a guy whose policy was voided.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Emira is due at Rybrook Birmingham for collection of Friday but I have asked for it to go to Elite for full ppf (some of the tales of Emira owners made up my mind!) so I will collect the following Friday. I let my insurance on my S2000 expire in August 2021 (shortly after I sold it) so I will approach insurance with a little concern that it has been almost two years since I held car insurance in my own name (with a long NCB of 18 years), although I am a named driver on my wife's policy for her car. Hoping the majority of insurers will recognise the NCB. I don't need trdck insurance (I would hire a BaT Caterham again if I restarted track days) but I will be clearly declaring the ppf, particularly since I saw that thread on pistonheads relating to a guy whose policy was voided.
You will be fine (re NCB), it remains valid for 2 years. Some companies will ask for proof, but some are able to verify electronically. Interesting re PPF, is this considered a modification? I wonder how PPF possibly changes risk?

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Out of interest just grabbed a reg off autotrader. Social and commuting, on drive way, 6k annum, me and wife on (39 and 34yrs old) postcode TS7

£830 with £300 excess (Compare the market)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You will be fine (re NCB), it remains valid for 2 years. Some companies will ask for proof, but some are able to verify electronically. Interesting re PPF, is this considered a modification? I wonder how PPF possibly changes risk?
I am also including the PPF in the insurance as an extra. For a little more, it covers the refitting of the PPF on top of the paint job.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Where are people adding the option? Looking under modifications on the comparison sites in the UK I can't see any option for it.

Lowest quote so far is with Admiral, who state any optional extras fitted by the factory do not need to be declared, so I'm guessing the factory PPF packages are included in that, but curious to see the difference anyway

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Where are people adding the option? Looking under modifications on the comparison sites in the UK I can't see any option for it.

Lowest quote so far is with Admiral, who state any optional extras fitted by the factory do not need to be declared, so I'm guessing the factory PPF packages are included in that, but curious to see the difference anyway
Mannings declared the PPF , (cover from LV) no increase .

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
so I’m 33. Got 915 on comparison sites (admiral), waiting for NFU to get back to me but Adrian flux quote 5300!

I swear when I did this quote a few months ago it was 6-700!

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my mate has a tracker in his Audi A6. He was sat in the services at the weekend and his tracker alerted him that someone was scanning for his key code. Luckily it was in a Faraday pouch or it would have gone when he went for a piss!!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
my mate has a tracker in his Audi A6. He was sat in the services at the weekend and his tracker alerted him that someone was scanning for his key code. Luckily it was in a Faraday pouch or it would have gone when he went for a piss!!
Worlds gone to pot. So many car thefts at the moment. What pouch did he use? Whats the best one to get? I have been looking around but they are all huge!

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just spoken to Classicline and their insurers have required a Cat 5 tracker on the car. Waiting for Manning to come back to me. An unwelcome surprise and something I'll have to sort out quickly as my Emira is due to be handed over within a week (currently at Elite Detailing). Plenty of more expensive cars in our road and so I'm a little perplexed!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just spoken to Classicline and their insurers have required a Cat 5 tracker on the car. Waiting for Manning to come back to me. An unwelcome surprise and something I'll have to sort out quickly as my Emira is due to be handed over within a week (currently at Elite Detailing). Plenty of more expensive cars in our road and so I'm a little perplexed!
Is the tracker provided by Lotus not sufficient? Or you didn't add that on?

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is the tracker provided by Lotus not sufficient? Or you didn't add that on?
I didn't add it as an option as it felt like overkill for my situation and the annual subscription would grate. The good news is Admiral have come through with approx £875 quote without a tracker requirement. 3000 miles per annum including 1000 business miles. Includes wife on the policy.

EDIT: £641 by moving to Admiral Multicar

Last edited: