• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Full Handbook

OP
M

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are you're talking about printing the big service/workshop manual? I didnt think that was publicly available as free as the owners manual. It might not be legal to print off and sell like the owners manual.
What are people’s thoughts on the legality of printing the service book? It’s downloadable on the website for a small fee. Is it mine to do what I like with once downloaded?
I wouldn’t want to be blacklisted, mind you Lotus can’t communicate anything so I wouldnt know if I was.

OP
M

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also to add this is not a commercial entity, it just brings the cost down of a print if you add on more to the initial order. There is nothing in it for me other than a manual.

TurboTambo

Reaction score
I have just had a firm quote for the following:-
10x Workshop Manuals
A4 Hardback Gloss Cover
Ring Binder to allow them to lay flat
130GSM Inside colour pages

It works out including postage at the following rates:-

UK £65
USA $90

It’s a big book hence the prices but I think that is pretty competitive as there is no margin in those numbers.

If we can get a list of ten then I will action it. It’s at least a month from design, physical proof approval and then production.
I'm in.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
What are people’s thoughts on the legality of printing the service book? It’s downloadable on the website for a small fee. Is it mine to do what I like with once downloaded?
I wouldn’t want to be blacklisted, mind you Lotus can’t communicate anything so I wouldnt know if I was.
I know what you are saying.
I will be buying the download as well anyway which I would hope would clear any legal side of things.

Whitey

Reaction score
Received my full handbook today - superb quality and will prove very useful. Thank you very much Martyn 👍

OP
M

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Service manual proof has been commissioned, as soon as I get my hands on that and double check all is ok we can order them in qty required.
Nothing for anybody to do at the moment, it’s just a waiting game.

SteveB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Received my full handbook today - superb quality and will prove very useful. Thank you very much Martyn 👍

Received mine today and I agree excellent quality. Much appreciated Martyn.

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Received mine today and I agree excellent quality. Much appreciated Martyn.
Received mine yesterday, very happy with it, particularly as I could never get the pdf to display properly for very long. Thanks very much Martyn, and Mrs Martyn for despatching!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome. I’m in for the user manual. Consider this #1. Anyone else interested?
#2 *raises hand*
I'm keen to get in on a user manual print run if one is happening, and the workshop manual too, please and thank you.