Emira Full Handbook

Emira Fan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow - read page 203

--For the first 1000 miles, use only ‘Tour’ drive mode. Do not use ‘Sport’ or ‘Track’ modes.

Might take a long time before some drivers rack up 1000 miles....

NOTE: Failure to comply with the running-in recommendations could invalidate the terms of the vehicle warranty. Also see ‘Engine Data Recording’ on page 17.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspected this was the case when inspected my car at the dealer. Mine had only 3 smaller booklets that werent the full manual thats online.
Might be nice to have a copy of the full book though in the car. The pouch looked like it was intended for the full manual.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the link:

Very tight that we don’t get a handbook.😬

Reactions: Fil

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow - read page 203

--For the first 1000 miles, use only ‘Tour’ drive mode. Do not use ‘Sport’ or ‘Track’ modes.

Might take a long time before some drivers rack up 1000 miles....

NOTE: Failure to comply with the running-in recommendations could invalidate the terms of the vehicle warranty. Also see ‘Engine Data Recording’ on page 17.

Is that in a new update to the handbook? Don't remember seeing that before! :oops:

Just checked, my version of the handbook from 2022 has no mention of using any different modes during running in.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is that in a new update to the handbook? Don't remember seeing that before! :oops:

Just checked, my version of the handbook from 2022 has no mention of using any different modes during running in.
Again a load of crap from posters that know nothing about the car, don't own one or ever will. Very simple follow the running in procedures, take it easy for say 500 miles and as lotus say spirited driving and use of all gears and ranges is recommended building up to 1K. That's it very simple, alternatively why not go your dealer and ask them!!

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Yep, thats from the May 23 version. And I quote…
“For the first 1000 miles, only use moderate throttle openings (about half of the available accelerator pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuously at engine speeds over 4,000 rpm.
– For the first 1000 miles, use only ‘Tour’ drive mode. Do not use ‘Sport’ or ‘Track’ modes.
– For Emira 4-cylnder models fitted with the 8-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission, do not use Lotus Launch Control until 1000 miles have been exceeded.
– For automatic transmission models, avoid using kick-down.
– Occasional short bursts at wider throttle and higher engine speed will be beneficial, as will a constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gearbox.”…………….

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Again a load of crap from posters that know nothing about the car, don't own one or ever will. Very simple follow the running in procedures, take it easy for say 500 miles and as lotus say spirited driving and use of all gears and ranges is recommended building up to 1K. That's it very simple, alternatively why not go your dealer and ask them!!

Lotus updated their running in guidelines, this isn't coming from "posters that know nothing about the car". Wether or not this is the correct approach is besides the point.

These two parts of the manual indicate Lotus is willing to invalidate your vehicle warranty if you don't follow the running in procedure if you need to make such a claim to their warranty department.

1706554674075.png

1706554700903.png

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks Speedy Emira for posting that helpful link.

Wow; I've never seen a break-in period that long for basic driving functions such as using "sport" mode. I doubt the test-driven Emira's followed that requirement. Sounds like a damper on fun, for the first 1,000 miles (1,609 km for me). Oh well.

I note Lotus doesn't provide a loaner vehicle (see "loan cars" on page 6 of the warranty info), when the Emira is in for warranty repairs. That's very different from all my other new vehicles.

I wonder when we'll get access to an owner's manual and warranty info, for the US/Canada?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it is probably put in place to put owners off tracking them in the first 1000 miles. If sport mode only gives better throttle response but no boost increase it won’t be anymore power or stress on the drivetrain.
Anyway it’s too late for me at 2500 miles because I have no idea what the previous owner did.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was there something wrong with my link in post #2? 🤷‍♂️
Nothing wrong at all. I hadn't downloaded the new one yet myself. TBF, this entire thread has been hijacked from someone offering to print the handbook.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It would seem that Lotus seem it acceptable to not offer the full handbook unless you hand over £199 to them.

If I was able to produce them for £20 inc delivery would anybody be interested? Just trying to cover my costs if I go for a print run.
As Time to Fly said your original post got lost.
I would be interested in paying if you want to do a print run so I’ll start with my name.

1. SpeedyEmira

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It would seem that Lotus seem it acceptable to not offer the full handbook unless you hand over £199 to them.

If I was able to produce them for £20 inc delivery would anybody be interested? Just trying to cover my costs if I go for a print run.
Unfortunately our APAC user manual is different than the UK/European manual so would need to see if we can get it printed locally.
This might be a dumb question, but is there any copy-write issues with mass printing a published work from PDF?

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it all black and white and what is the original like?
Yes it's black & white but still OK to read. The original pdf has some color on the various diagrams. Saves scrolling through the pdf on the phone while in the car though.